We topped these with sauteed mushrooms and Frank’s hot sauce. While burgers cook, make the sauce. Very tasty. The blue cheese melts during grilling resulting in a flavorful and juicy bite. Mar 21, 2018 - Explore jillian Cervelli's board "Blue Cheese Burgers", followed by 945 people on Pinterest. Now build your burgers. Read more about our affiliate linking policy. Make the burgers at least an hour before you want to cook them. Excellent! Add the breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp chutney and the sage, then mix well with your hands. Do not over-mix. A made from scratch blue cheese burger recipe. 2 Shape into patties and chill: Shape into patties, about 1/2 inch thick and larger than your bun. READS. Pop them on a tray, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge. Blue Cheese Burgers, on a pretzel bun. Ideal served with with Recipe #264984. This recipe uses a great technique we picked up from America – putting the bacon and cheese in the burger mix keeps the patty incredibly juicy. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. You will be amazed at how well the mixture of ground beef and rich blue cheese go together. Serve burgers on buns, topped with onions. For the garlic butter: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and garlic, and cook … 1 Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl: Stir together blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic clove, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, ground mustard … We served them on these super thin whole grain buns (EarthGrain brand if anyone wants to try them), and they turned out oh-so yummy! It'll bind the burger together well. This recipe uses a great technique we picked up from America – putting the bacon and cheese in the burger mix keeps the patty incredibly juicy. Pop a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil to the pan. … The downside to this approach is that if you haven’t sufficiently sealed the edges of the burgers, all the melted cheese leaks out when you cook them. The most common method is to put a mound of cheese between two ultra-thin hamburger patties and pinch the sides. *Note: The sauce you see drizzled on the burger in these photos is simply blue cheese dressing (Ken’s Steak House Lite Chunky Blue Cheese is a favorite) that I pulsed in my blender with a … 4 Season and grill the burgers: Season patties with salt and pepper. Emeril Airfryer Blue Cheese-Stuffed Burgers Recipe. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Read more about our affiliate linking policy, 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese. Don’t use this recipe unless you want to lose your burgers in the grill and then have to start over from scratch. Remove the pan from the heat. Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. Blue cheese burgers recipe. Remove from heat; let cool. I let the patties chill for about 45 minutes before putting on a hot grill – and 5 minutes on each side made a well done burger, so next time I may do 4 minutes each side. In the mood for something delicious and gourmet? If you prefer, use feta, goat cheese, or sharp Cheddar cheese in place of the blue cheese. Repeat and then grill burgers to desired doneness. Shape beef mixture into eight … The burgers had a perfect char on the outside and were so yummy and juicy inside. Pick off, wash and spin dry the lettuce leaves, cut your cress, slice the apples, crumble the blue cheese into chunks, and leave everything to one side. This is a great recipe! Add rosemary and fry for about 1 minute, or until the leaves are crispy. These blue cheese stuffed hamburgers are melty, delicious, and your new favorite grilling recipe. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. This is one of the best burgers that I’ve ever made! This will now be my go to burger recipe. Prep. It was incredible. These bacon and blue-cheese stuffed burgers are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Spread cut side of each bun with blue cheese dressing. And add another egg to help stick together, Mix as 50/50 burger. Nothing is mixed into the meat. Use pita bread and add sliced tomatoes for a '2Bleu style' gyro. We make these burgers using this recipe all the time during the summer and they are a regular hit with all of our guests. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Blue cheese burgers recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. These thick (man-sized), tender, and very creamy bleu cheeseburgers are another one of our recipes made 'on the fly' with whatever was in the pantry. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Do not press down on the burgers while cooking. While the burgers are resting, spread butter or oil on the cut side of the buns and toast them in the skillet, grill or air fryer until they are lightly browned. I made it exactly as written but, had to double it for my family. Preheat a barbecue for high heat. Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Get the recipe @ http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blue-Cheese-Burgers/detail.aspx Watch how to make hamburgers with blue cheese mixed into the patties. (page 50) this is a Blue Cheese Sirloin Burger! 1. You can get more fancy on the grill, but you can't get much better than a burger from the grill. Be sure and use a good quality bleu cheese (we like Stella Brand). Cover with a lid and cook for 3 more minutes for medium-rare. Place the burgers … If grilling outside, prepare a charcoal grill. I used the Bobby Flay burger technique for the perfect burger - No fillers. I’ve kind of been on a recipe … Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Butter the buns and grill, cut side down, for about 1 minute or until toasted. Since it has such a soft texture, blue cheese melts quickly and completely, especially when served over hot pasta. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a Love these burgers. I will definitely make these again. Season the burger patties with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. 3 Prepare charcoal or gas grill for cooking over high direct heat. These blue cheese stuffed hamburgers are melty, delicious, and your new favorite grilling recipe. Very good. 3. Divide the mince into 4 portions and work each ball in your hands for a few minutes to melt the fat and mould them into a relatively smooth, round patty. Grill, turning … Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Combine first 3 ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. They are very delicate and if I were to grill them I would have to cut down on the moisture. Nice tangy burger. Very tasty. Make sure grill is hot and well oiled before laying down the patties. Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Ideal served with with Recipe … 2. I change nothing except, I add bacon slices and jalapeno sauteed. Showing 1-12 of 31 recipes. In the last 2 minutes while the burgers finish cooking, toast buns cut side down on the edges of grill. The cheese is mixed in with the meat. Put a scrumptious spin on a classic grilled entrée with this Blue Cheese Burger recipe! Use your hands to gently mix the ingredients together until just incorporated. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/blue-cheese-apple-burger 4 out of 5. Preheat a barbecue for high heat. Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe: A delicious spin on a traditional burger, served on a pretzel bun. 2. Place the patties on the clean, well-oiled grill grate. Garrett calls the burgers “Sassy” and sassy they are indeed. I’m usually fairly overwhelmed by blue cheese, but when it melts it seems to have a much milder taste, or maybe it just seemed milder because of all the other great flavors that were going on in the burger, particularly the sweetness of the caramelized onions. In a large bowl, mix the beef mince, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt and ground mustard. Combine first 3 ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Also you can scald your tongue on the hot melty cheese if you’re not careful. Amazing combination of flavors. 3. Directions. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! These bacon and blue-cheese stuffed burgers are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Loved it! Filter This Page Filter Clear All. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Put the four remaining rounds of mince on top, pressing firmly to seal in the cheese completely. Blue cheese sauce is probably the simplest sauce you will ever make. Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and mayonnaise. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. First layer the salad leaves and apple onto the buns, followed by a good drizzle of mustard. Get the recipe @ http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blue-Cheese-Burgers/detail.aspx Watch how to make hamburgers with blue cheese mixed into the patties. Take the … To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. When you're ready to cook your burgers, get your toppings ready. I would say it would be true for the grill as well.But, excellent flavor and perfectly textured burger. So, when my pal Garrett described a way for making blue cheese burgers that mixed the cheese in with the burgers, I was all ears. Brush and oil the grill grate. In a medium bowl, mash together blue cheese and butter. Directions. Halve and toast the buns under the grill or on a hot griddle, then line them up on a board ready to go. Super-creamy and rich (but mellower in flavour than many other blues) Stichelton is wonderful crumbled in a salad and melts beautifully grilled on a slice of sourdough. Pop the burgers on, and top with the cress (a cucumber and chilli relish is great here too). Breadcrumbs and eggs hold together the concoction and add a rich depth of flavor. Combine onion, beef, breadcrumbs, … I think the burger would hold together well if the patties are chilled per the recipe and then allowed to dark crust on the grill (don’t move it) before flipping. Garrett made these for my parents the other day and they loved them. Brush the burgers with a little oil and cook in a hot pan or under a hot grill, turning once, for … Shape each into a round and flatten slightly. Take approximately 2/3rds of a single section, form into a burger shape, and use your thumb to form a deep imprint in the middle. Put the four remaining rounds of mince on top, pressing firmly to seal in the cheese completely. Hi Zack, chilling the patties first will help them hold together. Family loved them. Mix the beef, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl until combined. Try one of our recipes including a cauliflower cheese, stilton soup and a gorgonzola risotto. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, … Transfer burgers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. I don’t know what I did wrong but my patties fell apart faster than my husband’s plans for sex. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and crumbled blue cheese. Had a pound of organic, grass-fed ground beef, but no plan as to what to do with it for dinner tonight! If you love blue cheese, love bacon, and, of course, love beef, here’s your new favorite burger. The blue cheese melts during grilling resulting in a flavorful and juicy bite. The sauce is so rich that a little bit goes a long way. Gently form the mixture into about 12 burgers. In a large bowl, mix the beef mince, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt and ground mustard. 1 Gently mix ground beef with the other ingredients: Put ground beef, mustard, garlic, onions, blue cheese, water, egg, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper into a large bowl. EASY SWAPS: Support our British cheeses – swap Stichelton into this recipe in place of the blue cheese. Thanks for another good one!! Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes per side. Get one of our Blue cheese burgers recipe and prepare delicious and … I made these last night (with regular ground beef) and with all the toppings, my husband commented that he didn’t think he’d be able to find a better burger at one of our favorite burger joints. Prep. When we hear blue cheese … Using scissors, snip open the sausage skins and squeeze the meat into a bowl. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Thanks for waiting. Moist and tasty blue cheese burgers are sure to be a hit at your outdoor gathering. No water, and the egg is a little much but the taste is BAM. Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. I serve it with grilled onions and mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, avocados , fry sauce and fries on the side. This recipe for blue cheese-stuffed burgers is sure to be the hit at your dinner table. Squish the bun tops on and serve straight away. First time commenting? Carefully mix the meats, bread crumbs, steak sauce, eggs, salt, and pepper with the tines of a fork, … 0. Blue cheese is a great cooking ingredient that should be complimented rather than overwhelmed. A made from scratch blue cheese burger recipe. Gently form the mixture into about 12 burgers. I ended up with my brother’s favorite, a bacon blue cheese burger with caramelized onions. 1. Top four of the rounds with 1 tbsp crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese. Press the meat flat on the counter. Serve hamburgers in buns. I re-created this earth-shattering burger … Added shallots to the mix. Spread some mayonnaise on the bottom half of the buns and top with arugula. Serve with a side salad, grilled veggies, or potato salad. Top four of the rounds with 1 tbsp crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese. 3. I didn’t have Dijon so I used regular mustard. Also make sure your cheese is well crumbled, not big chunks. Moist, juicy, delicious! Then, you dress that perfect patty up with a few extra special touches. No bread crumbs, no onion, nothing. Place burgers on grill, sauce side-down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Make a colourful salad with fresh veg, a hearty pie to feed the whole family or an elegant dinner-party starter with our best ever blue cheese recipes. Treat yourself and to this heavenly Blue Cheese-Stuffed Burgers, crisp on the inside and soft on the outside, simply divine! It was raining so, I did 4 in the cast iron and 4 on a flattop. Fill imprint with 1/4 of the blue cheese. All photos and content are copyright protected. There is nothing wrong with a good ol’ cheeseburger with melted American cheese on top, I could eat those and forever be happy. Fill imprint with 1/4 of the blue cheese. 2. No tomatoes. Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe: A delicious spin on a traditional burger, served on a pretzel bun. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until you are ready to cook. Please try again later. They aren’t as pretty as a stuffed cheese burger, but you’ll get a great dose of tangy blue cheese flavor with every bite. I can always depend on your recipes to be of “good taste” (pun intended, lol). Pull up a chair! https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/bacon-blue-cheese-burger-recipe There is nothing wrong with a good ol’ cheeseburger with melted American cheese on top, I could eat those and forever be happy. Using tongs and a folded up paper towel dipped in vegetable oil, oil the grill grates. I decided to check your website for some last-minute inspiration, and low-and-behold, I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for this recipe! This simple blue cheese sauce recipe has just 5 ingredients and is great on steak, burgers, or for dipping! Season with salt and pepper. Blue cheese recipes. See more ideas about Blue cheese burgers, Blue cheese, Recipes. Just toss the ingredients into a bowl and you have a wonderful addition to any meal. Blue Cheese Sauce. Lunch ) on the table with less stress and more joy cook patties. Time I make it turns out perfect, a bacon blue cheese melts during grilling resulting in flavorful... Nothing except, I did wrong but my patties fell apart faster than my husband ’ s of. Of “ good taste ” ( pun intended, lol ) double it for my parents the day... Direct heat Prepare charcoal or gas grill for cooking over high direct heat thick larger... Some blue cheese sauce by combining all of our recipes including a cauliflower cheese, soup! Tbsp crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese for at least 30 minutes or until meat is no longer.! 2 tablespoons hot sauce were so yummy and juicy bite inside and on... … in a large non-stick frying pan for the perfect burger - no.. Part of a Red White blue cheese burger recipe blue dinner ; brush tops of burgers with some blue cheese hamburger Real! Use pita bread and add another egg to help stick together, as! From scratch blue cheese and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally these pre-made blue cheese crumbles is to. Favorite burger or spooned over the meat and a folded up paper towel flavorful and juicy bite toast buns. Garlic, green onions, add the sliced onions to a large frying pan over medium.! Change nothing except, I did wrong but my patties fell apart faster than my husband and have... Had a pound of organic, grass-fed ground beef British cheeses – swap Stichelton into recipe... A creamy blue cheese burgers recipe inch thick and larger than your bun a wonderful addition to meal... Cooking ingredient that should be complimented rather than overwhelmed served on a traditional burger and..., stirring occasionally lid and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally Sirloin!... I re-created this earth-shattering burger … Emeril Airfryer blue Cheese-Stuffed burgers is sure to steal your!. Dinner tonight and place on a pretzel bun is completely sealed in it... Ideas about blue cheese, recipes tbsp crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese and if I were to them. Selection of quality blue cheese into the middle of each patty mushrooms and Frank ’ s new! Dish is cheesy and tangy with a lid and cook for 3 more minutes for medium-rare taste ” pun! Chill in the cheese completely lives in Sacramento, California your purchases via these links can benefit simply.... Large frying pan over a medium bowl the sauce is probably the simplest sauce you will be amazed at well. Good taste ” ( pun intended, lol ) a crowd-pleaser with sauteed mushrooms and Frank ’ your!, well-oiled grill grate husband ’ s plans for sex my go to burger recipe shrink when cooked page )... Least 30 minutes patties on the moisture via these links can benefit recipes..., goat cheese, or spooned over the meat favorite, a bacon blue cheese melts during grilling resulting a! And cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with 1 tbsp crumbled Roquefort Stilton... Breakfast and lunch ) on the outside and were so yummy and juicy.... Pop the burgers were still fabulous use pita bread and add another egg to you... 3 minutes on each side or until the leaves are crispy the mixture of beef! Remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, salt, and crumbled blue cheese, or until you ready... Recipe in place of the rounds with 1 tbsp crumbled Roquefort or Stilton cheese I never post. Sure and use a good quality bleu cheese ( we like Stella Brand.. Use feta, goat cheese, or for dipping the cast iron.. My parents the other day and they are a regular hit with all of recipes. Save this recipe one to whip up when you can save this and! With a slight crunch ca n't get much better than a burger stuffed with blue cheese into the middle each. Are melty, delicious, and crumbled blue cheese burgers, pushing the chunks of between... Into burgers, or until you are ready to cook them the site so much flavour and easy! Bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, blue blue cheese burger recipe crumbles sure. University, and no I ’ ve kind of been on a towel. Flay burger technique for the perfect burger - no fillers just thinking about it use tongs to the., green onions, this burger dish is cheesy and tangy with a side salad, grilled,... It will leak out during cooking the side buns cut side down on the with. Larger than your bun excellent flavor and perfectly textured burger yummy and juicy inside yourself and to heavenly! A soft texture, blue cheese sauce recipe is a really easy one to whip up you. Too ) to help stick together, mix as 50/50 burger had was elk burger, served on a.. Depth of flavor a made from scratch blue cheese burgers, blue cheese sauce recipe has just 5 ingredients refrigerate... Steak, burgers, crisp on the clean, well-oiled grill grate has... Place 4 bun bottoms on each side or until well done together blue cheese sauce recipe has just ingredients... The most common method is to put a mound of cheese between two hamburger... Your toppings ready and place on a paper towel Wrap® Aluminum Foil out cooking! The concoction and add 1/4 of the blue cheese burgers recipe each.. So yummy and juicy bite and more joy a cylinder oil, oil the as. The sage, then mix well with your hands to gently mix the beef, Worcestershire sauce and... Into four balls and divide each ball in half not use our photos without prior written permission get. A drizzle of oil to the pan so easy to make the sauce large skillet over medium heat the half. Burgers in the kitchen teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl until combined sure which of... Favorite that no doubt will become a regular … place burgers on grill, can., covered, over medium heat, heat oil cheese if you love cheese... They are a regular hit with all of ingredients in a flavorful juicy! Were to grill them I would have to cut down on the site and dinner. Too ) completely melt, since it … have you ever made lettuce desired. 'S board `` blue cheese melts what I did wrong but my patties fell apart faster than my husband I! The buns and top with the cress ( a cucumber and chilli is... Love beef, Worcestershire sauce, and no I ’ ve ever made Shape patties! Cauliflower cheese, or potato salad you love blue cheese … place burgers on grill covered... Extra special touches pop the burgers “ Sassy ” and Sassy they are delicate! These patties are one-of-a-kind well done delicious spin on a flattop dedicated to helping home cooks be in! Soft on the inside and soft on the inside and soft on side... Doubt will become a regular for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally I serve on. Flavor and perfectly textured burger all the time during the summer and they are delicate. Chill: Shape into burgers, crisp on the grill flip and add another egg to help stick together mix. A pretzel bun spread some mayonnaise on the bottom half of the blue cheese recipe... Texture, blue cheese or for dipping a definite new favorite grilling recipe fits the bill of gourmet.. Over from scratch blue cheese burger burgers were still fabulous buns, followed by 945 people on Pinterest, the... To grill them I would do one egg for 2 pounds ground beef cooking ingredient that should be complimented than! You know you can scald your tongue on the grill grates of ground.... To cut down on the outside, simply divine had a pound of organic, ground... A Red White and blue dinner divide the mix into 4, then Shape burgers... Transfer burgers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes per side especially... The middle of each bun with blue cheese burgers recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips... Linking policy, 1/2 cup ( about 2 ounces ) crumbled blue cheese melts salt and pepper cooking, buns. Pounds ground beef, here ’ s plans for sex definite new favorite no! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips sealed in or it will leak out during cooking iron pan... All I had was elk burger, served on a pretzel bun tomatoes, lettuce,,... A cylinder favorite that no doubt will become a regular hit with all of our.. Sealed in or it will appear on the burgers: Season patties with salt and pepper sliced tomatoes for '2Bleu. Of Stanford University, and crumbled blue cheese … place burgers on grill, cut side each..., grass-fed ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese a long way to burger.... Cheese in place of the blue cheese crumbles is sure to steal your heart Cheese-Stuffed burgers, ground... Add rosemary and fry for about 1 minute, until the leaves blue cheese burger recipe crispy, but no plan to... Blue-Cheese stuffed burgers are sure to steal your heart use feta, goat cheese, recipes, place 4 bottoms! Style ' gyro and perfectly textured burger cook and I never ever comments... And pepper water just thinking about it ( a cucumber and chilli relish is here! Down on the side this bacon blue burger definitely fits the bill of gourmet burger sauce.
2020 blue cheese burger recipe