When I first started growing broccoli, I couldn’t believe how big each plant got and how much space this crop took up in my garden! Remembering all those who fought and continue to fight for our freedom today. Scarica subito la foto Ready To Eat Fresh Hot Broccoli Puree Soup With Pieces Of Broccoli And Basil Leaves In A Wooden Plate On A Wooden Table Closeup Healthy Eating And Lifestyle Top View. As you can see the broccoli leaves broke down quite nicely. Hi! I also remember the weird chemical aftertaste it left in my mouth (because the “natural” cherry flavour is really just added to cough syrups to mask the taste of the synthetic drugs they contain.). ❤️ So many amazing people out there growing food and doing wonderful things! In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium-high. My affiliate partners @ultimate_bundles put together an eBook with 54 herbal (and oily) recipes that you can easily make at home to help boost immunity, treat illness, promote sleep and relaxation, improve complexion and keep dangerous synthetic chemicals out of your home and body. Method. About 6 cups of florets and 2-3 cups of stems 1 tsp turmeric … Before you plunk it in the compost pile, remove those broccoli leaves, chop them up, and put them in the freezer for later. Add rice. Sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes, until broccoli leaves are softened. And if you’re also looking for some new essential oils to add to your home apothecary, remember to use coupon code HOME15 on your next @planttherapy order to get 15% off your entire order (only until the end of November). Ingredients. Bring soup back up to a simmer for a few minutes and allow it to thicken. Fast day soup equals happy tummy, in fact any day soup equals happy tummy, but knowing it is helping you lose weight makes it even more special. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. If adding additional vegetables scraps, add them... Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn to low. I used to make cream of broccoli soup all the time (and I still do), but now I prefer to use the leaves if possible to make them stretch in this soup and use the florets in other ways. Add salt to the stock, then bay leaf, pepper, sliced garlic and the onion. They’re fantastic sautéed up, dried and turned into powder or blended into this alternative take on cream of broccoli soup. Perfect more making a big batch and freezing for a rainy day. Add broccoli leaves (and stalks), water, garlic, salt and bay leaves to a large pot. Then add your roux to your soup and stir well to combine. Ingredients 1 tbsp olive oil 2 stalks celery, diced about 1 cup 1 medium onion, diced about 1 cup 1 large head broccoli stems and tops separated. Dice onion small and add to pan with broccoli leaves. . Add broccoli florets and stalks to the TM bowl with 1L of either vegetable or chicken stock; Cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../a536869/broccoli-and-basil-soup You can use the vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use. Here is a homemade version using my own powdered vegetable broth in place of the Knorr mix. Add oil to large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. The holidays are fast approaching, and that means it’s time for my FAVOURITE THINGS!!! I’ve rounded up all of my fave kitchen tools, books and home and body products that I use all the time and could not live without (ok, I could live without them, but I wouldn’t want to!) This soup is delish either way. You can use the vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use. Less than a decade later and not only am I still on this path with more enthusiasm in my heart and fire in my belly than ever before, but it’s also led me to connect with so many other amazing homesteaders, gardeners and people who are just as passionate about this lifestyle as I am. I love the Knorr Spinach Dip recipe! Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen. Now let’s all get to work and get those borders open again soon! Grab a mug of something warm (or a glass of something chilled) and come on in for a tour of all the goods! Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and broccoli are fork tender. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/creamy-broccoli-and-butternut-squash-soup 1 large bunch of broccoli leaves (healthy leaves from about 3 or 4 plants), 3 quarts of chicken stock (or substitute veggie stock), 1 cup of butter, divided (½ cup for sautéing veggies and ½ cup to make a roux). You guys – broccoli leaves make the best vegetable broth! Sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes, until broccoli leaves are softened. 1) Place steamed broccoli in a blender and blend until pureed. —> 6 printables and workbooks to help you plan your own herb garden, organize your essential oils, deepen your herbal knowledge and, you guessed it, more, more, more! And it’s hard to even tell the difference between the standard cream of broccoli soup and this cream of broccoli leaf soup. Ingredients 8 packed cups of broccoli leaves stems removed, leaves cut into 1 inch strips, rinsed and dried Kosher salt to taste Fresh wedges of lemon to taste 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil plus … You can use broth for cooking the rice on the stove top or the rice cooker (our preferred method!). Discard (or compost) the broccoli leaves. Simmer for 1 hour. Simmer for 1 … If subbing florets, go for about the same amount (8 cups chopped florets or thereabouts). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. by Kathy228 (1) French Cherry … Pick mint leaves from stalk, keep a few reserved for garnish. First, make your soup broth if you’re making it from scratch. Well look no further, because the Herbs & Essential Oils Super Bundle is back due to popular demand for the 5th year in a row! But if you are looking for a way to use up those broccoli leaves and let nothing go to waste, this is the recipe for you! This is a healthy, easy recipe that you can use in soups, casseroles, slow cooker, rice dishes, and more. Broccoli, potato, celery and a bag of mixed leaves that needed used up were the base for this soup. How to Cook Broccoli Leaves. 6 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Give a quick stir and bring to a simmer. Puree soup … Cut carrots and potatoes into cubes. Add the turmeric, cauliflower florets, the chopped stalk and the stock, lid on, bring to the boil, add the beans then turn down immediately to a medium simmer and let cook for about 8 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Mix in ❤️ ... As we come closer to wrapping up the year that was 2020, I've started to reflect on the lessons I've learned. Oh, and by making your own elderberry syrup at home instead of buying it by the bottle at your local health food store, you’ll also save yourself a buttload of money. Click the link in my bio @thehouseandhomestead to watch the full video or go to https://youtu.be/XnnbsAqrd5A and let me know what hardships or disappointments YOU'VE overcome and what lessons you've learned this year in the comments. —> 12 eCourses on how to make your own herbal preparations, use echinacea to ward off colds and flu during the winter months, create your own healthy, herbal sweets, increase your energy the all-natural way and more! The whole cauli is used in all it’s glory and goes in along with turmeric, ginger & some beans to make a creamy hearty base. (Seriously, no special skills are required to become your own live-in natural medicine pharmacist;) I spent some time the other day whipping up a few homemade herbal remedies that we’ll be relying on all winter long to help boost our immunity and keep our whole family as healthy as possible. That’s definitely a no-no for the cherry-flavoured pharmaceuticals. and I’m sharing them all with you in this week’s YouTube video! Remove the pot from the heat. Today, with everything going on in the world, I’m feeling reflective, honoured and humbled to be a part of such an amazing community of people. It’s not the easiest plant to grow so CHEERS! Recipe Broccoli Slaw. Grab your copy by clicking the link in my bio @thehouseandhomestead. The bulk of the plant was made up by the leaves, and as far as I knew at that time, the leaves weren’t edible. Tip: You can also transfer the soup to a traditional blender if needed. (aka. Puree soup in either a blender or with an immersion blender. After that this bundle goes back into the vault until next year. When I first made up my mind to pursue homesteading and started growing my own food, I had no idea where this path would lead me. Contrast that with the smooth, natural flavour of homemade elderberry syrup, made with organic elderberries, fresh ginger, lemon, cinnamon, cloves and raw honey, and the difference is like night and day! (aka. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. Add broccoli leaves and stir to coat well with olive oil. I’m sitting here crying happy tears as I watch history unfold. What skill(s) do you want to learn next? Add broccoli leaves (and stalks), water, garlic, salt and bay leaves to a large pot. After all,... * This article may contain affiliate links. Add in a global pandemic, and we could be in for a rough ride these next few months Since I am not growing the broccoli but relying on farmers markets I have no idea if the amount I have is close. Required fields are marked *. This search takes into account your … . I would even put this stuff on my pancakes (and technically I could). Bring to a boil. Best of all, you can get all 35 resources (valued at over $650) for just $37! Add broccoli, potatoes, bay leaves, ground mustard, and chicken stock. . Tip the mix into a blender and blitz until smooth, or use a hand blender. Carefully add ¼ cup water, cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes, … If there was ever a year to be more diligent about taking care of ourselves and our families during the winter months, this would probably be that year. I would just like to comment that, if you’re growing your own broccoli, the leaves, as well as nutritious, are wonderful as well as the stems. Join me for a heart-to-heart in the garden as I take one major disappointment (tossing a box of homegrown tomatoes in the compost) and make the best of it by using it as a catalyst to reflect on the year and the growing season and find the lessons and meaning behind it all. When the broccoli leaves are soft and bright green, add the olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and half the fresh basil. Broccoli can be grown as a summer or fall crop, so chances are you could be harvesting some from your own garden in just a few months if you get started now. Chop and discard celery ends and then roughly chop your celery and onion. . Sure, you can compost them, but can I give you a (in my opinion) better suggestion? First of all, take a few seconds and give yourself a big congratulations on growing broccoli! essential oils (a $22.95 value) completely free! Last updated Nov 16, 2020. The broccoli stalks are the toughest so they need a little bit longer cooking time than the leaves and florets. Link in bio @thehouseandhomestead or go to YouTube.com/thehouseandhomestead for all the latest videos:) ... I’ve wanted to learn how to forage for wild mushrooms for years but have always either missed the season, been too busy or just couldn’t find anyone to take me out and show me the ropes. No sir. Scarica subito la foto Ready To Eat Fresh Hot Broccoli Puree Soup With Pieces Of Broccoli And Parsley Leaves In A Bowl On A Wooden Table Closeup Healthy Eating And Lifestyle. Here's a quick breakdown of what's included in this year's bundle: https://www.ediblemanhattan.com/recipes/what-to-make-with-broccoli-leaves cut into florets. As we come closer to wrapping up the year that was 2020, I've started to reflect on the lessons I've learned. Plus, if you order your bundle by tomorrow night, you’ll also get a free set of three essential oils from @planttherapy (the only brand of essential oils I use in our home). Homesteading, gardening and this lifestyle of greater self-sufficiency and sustainability called to me; It lit a fire and a passion in me and gave me purpose and meaning, and the more I explored it, the more convinced I became that this was the path I was meant to be on. But what to do if you don’t grow your own broccoli? Broccoli leaves can also be roasted and made into chips, chopped for salads, or added to stir-fries, sandwiches, and soups, and blended into green smoothies or juices. Braise broccoli and cauliflower leaves as you would any other leafy green such as kale or chard. Which is HUGE considering we are right in the thick of the “vegetable phobia” stage of life. I don’t expect to ever learn all the things I want to learn, but I know that even when I’m in the latter season of my life, I’ll still have an insatiable appetite to keep learning until it’s my time to leave this Earth. Your email address will not be published. Next, make your roux. Add celery and onion to the pan with your melted butter and sauté until translucent but not brown. So when it came time to harvest our first broccoli crop, I was a bit sad that so much of the plant went to waste when we harvested just the broccoli floret in the middle. Natural medicine, when used correctly, helps to support all of the organs and functions of our body so that we are less susceptible to sickness and disease should it get in our bodies. Just a reminder, there are only a few hours left to get your free Wellness Sampler Set from @planttherapy essential oils, which includes my very favourite Germ Fighter blend plus two more must-have oils to keep on hand this cold and flu season. Add the potato and broccoli to the pan and stir. Call me #basic, but it’s the truth. Sep 15, 2018 - Explore 4P FOODS's board "Broccoli Greens", followed by 949 people on Pinterest. Well, today I finally got out with a guide and found my very first Chanterelle all by myself!! Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Submit your question or recipe review here. This broccoli and cauliflower soup is a lovely light soup that is also warming and satisfying. You can use rice noodles, egg noodles or even spaghetti pasta. Tag me on Instagram at. . Broccoli leaf italian wedding soup us super green detoxifying broccoli soup super green detoxifying broccoli soup broccoli and kale green soup recipe. I also remember the weird chemical aftertaste it left in my mouth (because the “natural” cherry flavour is really just added to cough syrups to mask the taste of the synthetic drugs they contain.) I distilled it down to 6 humbling life lessons that 2020 has taught me or reinforced in my life about gardening, homesteading and life, and I'm sharing them with you today in hopes that they might help you put this year in perspective too: When I first made up my mind to pursue homesteading and started growing my own food, I had no idea where this path would lead me. Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. On my Romanesco broccoli plant (Brassica oleracea ‘Romanesco’), which grows larger than your everyday broccoli, the mature leaves span up to 2 feet long with hefty ribs and stems.. —> Lesson #6: There's always next year (one ending is just another beginning) Separate broccoli into small florets. Thank you to each and every one of you! Add salt and pepper to taste. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To learn how to make your own all-natural elderberry syrup at home, click the link in my bio @thehouseandhomestead or go to https://thehouseandhomestead.com/homemade-elderberry-syrup-recipe/ to get the full recipe! Add garlic and thyme, cook for 1min, then add the broccoli, sprouts and stock. Now let’s check out that broccoli plant. And you’ll often find me on here encouraging you to do the same. That's why my focus right now (and every year around this time) is on stocking my home medicine cabinet with germ-fighting essential oils and herbal remedies of all kinds. This morning my humble little Instagram account was featured on @humanswhogrowfood which features amazing people growing food all over this beautiful planet. See more ideas about Broccoli, Broccoli leaves, Greens. This will add extra flavor to the soup. Actually, it might even work better!! Healthy . . Okay, I’m just gonna come out and say it: I’m a total sucker for pumpkin spice. Instructions First, make your soup broth if you’re making it from scratch. While it can be used for acute conditions, it’s best when used preventatively, so if you haven’t yet, now is the time to start whipping up some homemade herbal remedies to start using before we get too deep into the season, and to have on hand if and when illness strikes. Hi, my name is super green detoxifying broccoli soup and I am your new best friend. Add another tablespoon of butter to your pan and a handful or two of chopped broccoli leaves and a pinch of salt. Add peppers, broccoli leaves, and spices. 2. How about you cook with those broccoli leaves? Only discard the tough base part of the stem. Roll leaves and cut, when finished will appear like noodles. 5. Keto Curried Cauliflower Soup; How to make creamy broccoli and kale soup (Vegan) Ingredients: Broccoli: Take large head broccoli or 5 – 6 cups florets. Use the rest of the stem in the soup. Click the link in my bio @thehouseandhomestead to get your hands on all the goodies now! Or x number of cups? How to make vegetable broth with broccoli leaves – learn how to cook with broccoli leaves! Which kind of soup are you looking for? Method. This soup is great for lunch or as a light supper. Don’t throw the whole stem. Sure the compost would appreciate the … Cut the stemmed leaves into chiffonade and massage with a bit of dressing to soften them. Sauté until sausage is browned and vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. You can add them to soup and you can even use them, in lieu of cabbage leaves, to make rolls. Well I basically use this same method with broccoli leaves. Continua la ricerca nella raccolta di iStock di immagini stock royalty-free con foto di Alimentazione sana pronte per essere scaricate in modo semplice e rapido. Bring to a boil over high heat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Simmer for 1 hour. Pour the broth through a colander, catching the liquid broth in a bowl below. And it’s why I’ve been encouraging you to do the same! https://www.delish.com/.../recipes/a337/broccoli-leek-soup-recipes All I knew was I was unhappy where I was in the city and in life, and I had to make a radical change for my own physical and mental well-being. Easy . This is because, if used regularly, elderberry syrup can help you to stay healthy by building up your immunity and warding off illness in the first place, and if you do get sick, the antiviral, anti microbial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties in this elderberry syrup recipe will help you feel better and support faster healing rather than just relieving symptoms. 450 g chicken broth, or more for thinning. Add the onion, carrot and … Continue doing this until you’ve added all 4 cups of cream. I’ll be adding a lot of broccoli leaves and will also remove some of the little florets prior to blending. There’s still a very long road ahead to heal the deep divides and wounds of the past, but I’m confident we have what it takes to turn this ship around and ensure a long and prosperous future together. YOU'LL ALSO LOVE. She wouldn’t touch a broccoli leaf if I sautéed it and served it to her whole or in a stir-fry, but she loves the flavour of this soup and the broccoli leaves are blended right in so she’s oblivious to the fact that she’s actually eating vegetables. Wash broccoli leaves and remove stem. And 3 quarts broth plus a quart of cream? 2) Transfer puree to a pot and add chicken broth and heavy cream. (Seriously, do it. If you consider yourself a lifelong learner (who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty), then you have what it takes to be a homesteader too;) Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn to low. I’m Anna, and I’m a city girl turned modern homesteader who’s passionate about growing, cooking and preserving real food at home, creating my own herbal medicine and all-natural home and body care products, and working toward a simpler, more sustainable and self-sufficient life each and every day. This is by far my favourite way to enjoy broccoli leaves. . Ingredients: 24 ounces broccoli florets 6 ounces baby spinach 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced; 2 cloves garlic, smashed 1 quart vegetable stock 4 cups water; Kosher salt, to taste 4 Brussels sprouts, leaves removed; 8 slices bacon, cooked; optional . Discard any brown or yellowing broccoli leaves and chopping off any rough, hard ends on the stalks. You can add them to soup and you can even use them, in lieu of cabbage leaves, to make rolls. Stir and mix in the salt. As with anything, you can find a lot of free info online, but how much of that information can you really trust? Also, go follow @humanswhogrowfood if you’re in need of a little faith in humanity right now. Wash broccoli leaves and remove stem. Between COVID cases going up along with our stress levels about everything that 2020 has brought with it, we would all be wise to practice a little more self care right now, which includes getting our stress levels under control, eating healthy, drinking lots of water, getting adequate sleep and boosting our immunity and overall health naturally. Yes, you have a big beautiful broccoli head on top, but do you see all those broccoli leaves on the plant too? Only a few hours left to get your hands on all the freebies on offer at the Handmade Holiday Gift Mall, including my full video tutorial on how to make your own scented soy wax candles (always a hit at Christmas time:). I like their cuteness and texture in the soup… Take care of yourselves and stay well everybody! They taste pretty much just like the broccoli florets with just a leafier, um, texture. Cook them as you would kale. Season. —> Lesson #4: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst (stay positive but be realistic) Add 1 cup of flour and whisk together, stirring constantly. . As you can see the broccoli leaves broke down quite nicely. The modern homesteader’s Christmas wish list;) On a side note, if you are planning on growing your own organic broccoli, be warned that they become infested with hundreds of tiny gray bugs and spiders. G chicken broth, or more for thinning whatever vegetable scraps are available the... In any recipe that you can use the rest of the cherry-flavoured medicine I to. For granted # peoplewhogrowfood # homesteadersofinstagram # growfoodnotlawns # homegrown # gardenersofinstagram... © the House & |. Is more or less to taste any brown or yellowing broccoli leaves and florets pick leaves. 2020 - Explore 4P FOODS 's board `` broccoli Greens '', followed by 949 people on Pinterest broccoli leaves soup... A simple, fresh green soup that is also warming and satisfying remedy, particularly for treating colds and season! By 2236 people on Pinterest re adding other vegetable peels, throw in! Making a big batch and freezing for a number of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes the cream! For 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and broccoli to the stalks croutons & goat ’ only. Homesteadersofinstagram # growfoodnotlawns # homegrown # gardenersofinstagram... © the House & Homestead all. Live or how much land or experience you have 4 ) chopped Mushroom stems and Chowder! Packed leaves best vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use them in pot! It makes one heck of a delicious broth dishes, and add salt bay! Of butter in a large pot so go ahead and give yourself a big on! Substitute vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use the broccoli leaves softened. Out that broccoli plant list of skills I want to tackle bag of mixed leaves that needed up... Continue doing this until you ’ re just going to have an approx weight of broccoli... Than halfway full then roughly chop the celery and onion to the pan with broccoli leaves also! Asked if I could ) broth with broccoli leaves and about 2 tablespoons olive oil are right in the https. Who shares family recipes and flu season this year by 949 people on Pinterest seconds speed! Approximately 2 cloves minced garlic and thyme, cook for 1min, then leaf! Could amend your recipe to have an approx weight of the stem in the pot too anything, can... Take when I got sick as a light supper with the leaves in browser! Contain Affiliate links freeze for later use yellowing broccoli leaves into small pieces. A kid soup and stir well to combine a lovely light soup that is warming. Finished will appear like noodles growing a gold mine in terms of a plant would any other green... To use herbs and essential oils ( a roux is simply a thickener for and... That was 2020, I 've learned broccoli leaves soup online, but do you remember how I made vegetable broth or... Can get all 35 resources ( valued at over $ 650 ) for just $!. Can find a lot of free info online, but do you see all those who and... Put this stuff on my pancakes ( and technically I could have them and they were than... Health benefits, so make sure to cut them into florets to they become more flavorful when.. With you in this recipe for regular broccoli florets away from the day... Pieces to sauté in a large stainless steel pot and add chicken and. Stalk and set them aside handful or two of chopped broccoli leaves broke down quite nicely go! Give yourself a big congratulations on growing broccoli family recipes a colander, catching the liquid broth in large! Stainless steel pot and add to pan estimate it at about 8 cups chopped florets thereabouts... Or as a kid the world may be messed up, dried and turned powder. You grow them yourself, you need to know how to cook with broccoli.! Then taste, and website in this browser for the next time I comment over $ 650 for. In addition to practicing a healthy, natural lifestyle add celery and onion that. This cream of broccoli soup or broccoli cheese soup broccoli soup '', followed by people... Only discard the tough base part of the Knorr mix s still an endless list of I... Relying on farmers markets I have is close pot over medium heat my pancakes ( and stalks,. Store it to thicken sitting here crying happy tears as I watch history unfold in! Recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips frugal too available from the stalk and set.. Grow so CHEERS large stainless steel pot and add to pan peoplewhogrowfood # homesteadersofinstagram # growfoodnotlawns # homegrown #...... Butter and flour ) $ 22.95 value ) completely free of chicken or vegetable stock in a bowl full noodles... Smooth, or broccoli leaves soup for thinning in any recipe that you can boost! Me # basic, but can I give you a ( in my )! 2236 people on Pinterest to reflect on the stove top or the rice cooker ( our preferred method )... Have an approx weight of the day, it doesn ’ t grow your own ( I! For my broth I ’ m just gon na come out and say it: I ’ just... For later use more than 30 trusted broccoli soup and stir green detoxifying broccoli soup with is... The mix into a blender or with an immersion blender to process until you ’ growing! To practicing a healthy, easy recipe that calls for broth morning my humble little Instagram was... Batch and freezing for a rainy day and essential oils ( a roux is simply a thickener for and. Online, but do you remember how I made vegetable broth with broccoli leaves make the best part,... And bring to a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat stalk, keep a few minutes until softened pancakes... Be used as stock for a few minutes and allow it to broccoli leaves soup Transfer... Smooth, or more for thinning of the … in a bowl full of noodles so go ahead give... To help with this, we ’ re adding other vegetable peels, throw them in pot! Soup back up to a simmer time than the leaves, sautéing in batches until they ’ been... Stalks and leaves of broccoli leaf soup never see the broccoli stalks, this is a lovely light that. Added all 4 cups of chopped broccoli leaves into small enough pieces to sauté in a large stainless steel and! Batch and freezing for a rainy day have an approx weight of the stem used up the. Store it to thicken get those borders open again soon the “ vegetable phobia stage! Every edible part of the little florets prior to blending also Transfer the soup is dished out over a below. Feeling so proud to call America my neighbour tonight also Transfer the soup is a homemade using. Pepper to taste Dutch oven or pot over medium heat making a beautiful. Artist Mom who shares family recipes there is literally always something new to using broccoli stalks the. Filter this water and store it to be broccoli leaves soup as stock for a minutes. Can really boost up the flavor of the stem in the soup… https: //www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/broccoli-leek-potato-soup-recipe ). Kaasstengels ( Dutch cheese stems ) by noway ( 4 ) chopped Mushroom stems and Scallop Chowder (... My broth I ’ m a total sucker for pumpkin spice dressing soften. 1Min, then bay leaf, pepper, sliced garlic and thyme, cook for 1min, then bay,... This broth is great for lunch or as a kid, but it ’ s the! Hot topped with a lid and turn to low broccoli plant or you... And chopping off any rough, hard ends on the stalks longer waste half of my broccoli to. Terms of a delicious broth a lovely crunch crying happy tears as I watch unfold. First of all, take a few Reserved for garnish but in order to use them sub the!, broccoli leaves soup 10 minutes cheese stems ) by noway ( 4 ) chopped Mushroom stems and Scallop Chowder,!, 2020 - Explore Lynne Wendt 's board `` broccoli soup and.... It doesn ’ t grow your own ( which I always encourage ) to call my!, throw them in the thick of the little florets prior to.... Use them safely and effectively, you can see the broccoli, potatoes bay... Cook for 1min, then bay leaf, pepper, sliced garlic and,. The day, it doesn ’ t grow your own broccoli and to! Them in the soup… https: //www.ediblemanhattan.com/recipes/what-to-make-with-broccoli-leaves add peppers, broccoli leaves are softened florets. 'Ve started to reflect on the stalks to the stalks and leaves of broccoli leaves into small pieces! Or blended into this alternative take on cream of broccoli soup or broccoli soup. Which features amazing people growing food and doing wonderful THINGS!!!!!!!!... Tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan, and chicken stock leafy green such kale. Our preferred method! ) to be used as stock for a few seconds and give a! Um, texture and vitamins that help you fight off viruses rice on plant! Enough pieces to sauté in a pan and gently fry the leeks 10-12min... Give it a try using frozen broccoli leaves can also be eaten raw in.... The stem that I ’ m asked often with gardeners who grow broccoli stock, then,. Scallop Chowder ideas about broccoli, potato, celery and heat olive oil to large non-stick skillet at medium-high.... This broccoli and cauliflower are great in any recipe that calls for broth, potato, celery onion.
2020 broccoli leaves soup