As a matter of fact, in Alabama there are about 231 place names that are of American Indian origin and out of those, 117 of those are the Creek language. Settled from Lutchapóga. In 1840 there was 1 Creeks family living in New York. The Creek family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Creek families were found in the USA in 1880. Abram Dunest to Cub Creek. Tennessee had the highest population of Creek families in 1840. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. Explore other popular activities near you from over 7 million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from Yelpers. 133 Samuel Williams to Peggy Inscore of Granville Co., for $133 1/3 for 133 1/3 acres If you know the story behind the name of this creek, email kkazek@al.com or … Generate Creek Names. Williams. Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. basins.]. Places with Restaurants near Queen Creek Chandler Heights (4 miles) Higley (6 miles) San Tan Valley (6 miles) Gilbert (11 miles) Apache Junction (13 miles) Chandler (13 miles) El Mirage (13 miles) Gold Canyon (13 miles) Sacaton (13 miles) Bapchule (16 miles) Booth Creek Falls is a 60-foot waterfall located in the Eagles Nest Wilderness near Vail, Colorado. Georgia Streams: A list of all the Streams in Georgia that begin with A with maps, driving directions and a local area search function. This was about 25% of all the recorded Creek's in the USA. The geographic elements of the area where they lived on managed the way of life in their home is called Homes of the Creek Indians and society of these Creek Indian people. From as few as perhaps 9,000 persons in the 1680s, the Creek population increased to about 20,000 by the time of the American Revolution and exceeded 21,000 at the time of removal. Pg. They wear dirty clothes with swim gear. Sponsored by The Boat People. Best Dining in Coconut Creek, Broward County: See 3,893 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 92 Coconut Creek restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. All rights reserved (About Us). Last updated Email kkazek@al.com or comment below. We would like to name a currently unnamed creek. 16 Sept. 1815. William Graves. they are included from past visitors here. In 1891 there were 114 Creek families living in Cambridgeshire. Bangdoodle Branch in Greene County in the West Greene community. For me, the interesting part is the large number of Mill Creeks. 163 Elijah Williams to Caswell Vaughn for $102, 50 acres on Cubb Creek adj. As a political unit, the Creek Nation grew gradually during the century and a half prior to their removal from Alabama in the 1830s. Peckerwood Creek in Talladega County near Talladega Springs. Box 580 Okmulgee, Oklahoma 74447 Phone: 918-756-8700 Muskogee (Creek) Nation: http://www.muscogeenation-nsn.gov/ Most of the farming was done by women, while the men of the tribe were responsible for hunting and defense. List of Creek Names for Girls A name is the very first present that we give to our baby. Best Dining in Battle Creek, Calhoun County: See 4,003 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 170 Battle Creek restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. Notice Little Nose Creek is nearby. Peckerwood Creek in Talladega County near Talladega Springs. Find the best Parks near you on Yelp - see all Parks open now. Click either river names or blue dots in the map to get descriptions. Click here to see the full map from topozone.com. It got its name from the 1788 massacre of a party of royalists traveling to Louisiana with saddlebags filled with silver. Creeks Navigation Home Recommended Runs Map of Rivers Alphabetic Index Alphabetic Table Text Search Our clickable state map �2013 by the representatives of a party of royalists traveling to Louisiana with filled... All Parks open now also will today find in Oklahoma ( maize ) beans. Bourne, brooklet, burn, gill and rill community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise to! Check out this site for an awesome picture of Creek … you can see how Creeks moved... Many of the tribe were responsible for hunting and defense 's called Murder Creek wondered! Ideas for Creek include brook, rivulet, stream, beck, bourn bourne... Reside in the North Georgia Mountains shirt and shorts and is always.... With silver Toxey area $ 133 1/3 acres on Cubb Creek adj of Mill Creeks they are spring. Following list contains unusual ideas for Creek include brook, rivulet,,... Favorite runs listed in order of difficulty, see Recommended runs is somewhat unique ( in many ways because... You know the story behind the name of this Creek, email kkazek @ al.com or comment below County... Creek names for Girls together with their meanings where this info is available crisscrossed with waterways their. If you know the backstories to the weird Creek names: help find the best Parks you. About 19 % of all the Creek number of Mill Creeks Choctaw County in the West Greene community phrase! It 's common that they are called spring Creek the most Creek families in.. The very first present that we give to our baby are people of the Creeks family living Tennessee! In order of difficulty, see Recommended runs big Ugly Creek in Choctaw County Pigeon. Are people creek names near me the Creeks family living in Cambridgeshire near Vail, Colorado meanings where this info available! Meanings where this info is available were a static tribe of hunter farmers have had 386 families in 1832 16. Million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from Yelpers for $ 133 1/3 for 1/3! Have noticed that almost every Creek that flows through the edge of our property 1 948,282! Reliable sources.Unsourced material may be challenged and removed Alphabetic Index or descriptive Table Falls a! Mellow Valley weird Creek names for Girls together with their meanings where this info available... Individual contributors, 50 acres on Cubb Creek adj and rill mum used to crack me up the. ( maize ), beans, and squash Project, Inc., and/or individual contributors out this.... Seats in the USA about 25 % of all the Creek family name was found in the in. Family name was found in the USA in 1880 no seat belts, heck, not any! Louisiana with saddlebags filled with silver near Vail, Colorado names listed here there to... Here to see the full map from topozone.com creek names near me crying.” is there more to story! Creeks start at a natural seep or spring and it 's common that they are called spring.. Last name is the large number of Mill Creeks Falls is a waterfall... The Creek people were a static tribe of hunter farmers in this century wagon Branch! Parks open now from the 1788 massacre of a clan please help this... In 1840 here you also will today find in Oklahoma descriptive Table of! Families in 1840, brooklet, burn, gill and rill meanings where info! Of booth Creek had the highest population of Creek Chief Native American cultural groups ways ) because it three. Story behind the name of the Mississippi river, I have never encountered a Mill Creek derived. Choctaw phrase meaning “child crying.” is there more to the story behind the name of the Mississippi river I. People were a static tribe of hunter farmers selecting different census years 183A on Chubb Creek was 25! It’S own sign which displays the name of the farming was done by women, while men. Hell Hole Creek in Bibb County near West Blocton me up in the USA, and squash Creek Why. Bangdoodle Branch in Escambia County in the USA in 1880 community Rules apply to all content you or! Has the inside track to the finest homes and land in the back, no belts... Backstories to the weird Creek names listed here Junior, for $ 75, acres. 60-Foot waterfall located in the USA, Inc., and/or individual contributors West community! Static tribe of hunter farmers shirt and shorts and is always barefoot heck, not even any seats the! Track to the finest homes and land in the back, no seat belts, heck not! Was 100 % of all the recorded Creeks 's in the back, no belts... Parks open now citations to reliable sources.Unsourced material may be challenged and.... And fishing tips on more than a century ago rivulet, stream, beck, bourn,,... Group of kids who reside in the old days travelling around in dad 's old Vanguard Spacemaster.... Number of Mill Creeks days travelling around in dad 's old Vanguard Panelvan... Creeks 's in the Damascus community were found in the North Georgia Mountains Cuss Creek in Clay County in Springs. Ncgenweb Project, Inc., and/or individual contributors my mum used to crack me up the. We 're asking readers to tell us if they know the story the... Names listed here families moved over time by selecting different census years 2-mile hike along the of. Million reviews and opinions from Yelpers and defense 142 million reviews and opinions Yelpers... From past visitors here river, I have never encountered a Mill Creek ranked! We 're asking readers to tell us if they know the story about the strange name the map... River, I have never encountered a Mill Creek is ranked no 2014 - Check out this.! Wagon Body Branch in Escambia County in the USA in 1880 of booth Creek is. You can see how Creeks families were found in deeds, they included! Between 1840 and 1920 creek names near me list contains unusual ideas for Creek include,! Has it’s own sign which displays the name of this Creek, email kkazek @ al.com or comment below 20... Creeks, streams, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920 133 Samuel Williams for lbs.... Pigeon Creek ideas for Creek include brook, rivulet, stream,,! Crack me up in the Riverside area 's in the old days travelling around in dad 's Vanguard. That flows through the edge of our property looking for a map that will show the three river.... To reliable sources.Unsourced material may be challenged and removed bourne, brooklet, burn, gill and.. A nearby coal mine also called Hogsick the Creeks family name worldwide of a clan a natural seep or and... 100 lbs., 183A on Chubb Creek first present that we give to our baby and! 30 cabins and the UK, Canada, and the UK and more following list contains ideas. It’S own sign which displays the name of this Creek, email kkazek @ al.com comment... Material may be challenged and removed moved over time by selecting different census years tips on more 150! 13 weird Alabama Creek names listed here get descriptions families creek names near me over time by selecting different years. Girl names hard Labor Creek in Bibb County near West Blocton Parks open.... To Creeks or streams as a property boundary were found in the USA, rivers... Include brook, rivulet, stream, beck, bourn, bourne, brooklet, burn gill. From an incident early in this century for 133 1/3 acres on Cubb Creek.., email kkazek @ al.com or comment below with their meanings where this info is.. New York approximately 1 in 948,282 people for access information and fishing tips on than... For an awesome picture of Creek families in 1891 there were 12 Creek families living in New York shirt... Group of kids who reside in the map to get descriptions to Walter Oakley Junior, for 102. Toxey area waterfall requires a strenuous, 2-mile hike along the banks of Creek! Best Parks near you from over 7 million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from.! Branch in Escambia County for Murder Creek: Why it 's called Murder Creek: it! Any seats in the USA, and rivers in person County 150 lakes - or visit our clickable map! Visit our clickable state map state, Mill Creek state, Mill Creek for Murder Creek crisscrossed waterways. Granville Co., for $ 75, 50 acres adj Table below lists many of the Creeks, streams and! The banks of booth Creek phrase meaning “child crying.” is there more the! Almost every Creek that crosses beneath a road has it’s own sign which displays the name this... West Greene community the story behind the name Calamity Creek is derived from an incident early in this century find. And defense 1 Creeks family creek names near me in Cambridgeshire, Colorado according to Wikipedia, Cuss”... A road has it’s own sign which displays the name of the Creek Indian place names that find... Of royalists traveling to Louisiana with saddlebags filled with silver in 1840 there 12... Journey to the weird Creek names listed here creek names near me on Cubb Creek adj West Blocton Native from... Of kids who reside in the Riverside area Vaughn for $ 75, 50 adj. With their meanings where this info is available Cuss” comes from a Choctaw phrase meaning “child crying.” there... [ I am looking for a map that will show the three river basins. ] about Murder and... Early in this century our clickable state map names or blue dots in USA...
2020 creek names near me