My absolute favourite mouth-wateringly delicious, healthy and easy cake recipe! I don’t bake a lot of cakes so when I make one, and it turns out to be so perfect that my kids demand that I make it for their birthday, I do go crazy. Bake for 30 mins. Place apples, dates and soda in a bowl. 32 ratings 4.5 out of 5 star rating. Set aside for 15 minutes and grind the mixture to a fine paste. Date and walnut loaf (without the Bananas) is a traditional bread eaten in Britain and is made using dates and walnuts. Best part – you can whip it up in a blender in no time. Prepare a 13 x 9 x 2 inch cake pan. Add baking soda, mix well and switch off the heat. This old-fashioned favourite is proof that you don’t need to invent new recipes in order to eat healthily. Apparently traditionally from Scotland, date and walnut loaf is still enjoyed in many tea rooms around the country. Oil cakes tend to bake up taller with a better crumb. Beat the sugar and oil. This date and banana loaf cake is tried and tested and enjoyed by all of the family. Date cake/Date and walnut cake Sweet soft dates and crunchy walnuts ! In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Studded with sweet dates, this cake has natural sweetness from fruit, meaning you can use less sugar. Date and walnut cake was often in the pantry for after school snacks. 1. Date & Walnut Loaf – Traditionally. Add the remaining ingredients - both flours, baking powder and salt in the blender and secure lid. Add the date-water mixture and select "Smoothie" or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 60 seconds. It’s quite an easy and quick recipe. ... Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. It was so good that I am going to let the recipe do all the talking.. and also maybe because I have stuffed my mouth with the last piece of this cake. Step 5. Date cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the moist cakes you have ever eaten! Banana date cake with walnut & honey glaze. Preheat oven to 350°F. My goal is to inspire you to cook at home by sharing easy recipes that you can quickly make in your Instant Pot (or stovetop). Carefully remove the bundt pan from the Instant Pot using the foil sling and let the cake cool in the pan before dusting it with powdered sugar. Now pour in the date mixture and stir well till well incorporated and then add nuts. Date cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the moist cakes you have ever eaten! Add the baking powder, spices and salt. blend to smooth paste adding milk as required. Sieve a little icing sugar over the cold cake … Test cake with toothpick to see if done.Cool in pan. Step 4. Leave for 5 mins. Add the oil into the blender and process again until complete oil is incorporated and mixture becomes thick. Whole Wheat Date Cake Recipe, Learn how to make Whole Wheat Date Cake (absolutely delicious recipe of Whole Wheat Date Cake ingredients and cooking method) A delightful cake flavored with dates. What’s not to love about a cake that’s made from luscious dates and is moist, soft and so easy to make that you can whip it up in a blender! Place the date mixture, butter and sugar in a food processor and process until well combined. Preheat the oven at 220°C. pour in the dates and milk mixture. chopped walnuts, all purpose flour, vanilla extract, baking powder and 10 more. Set aside for 15 minutes. Beat the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until light and moussey. dates, baking soda, granulated sugar, butter, boiling water, eggs and 2 more. Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. https://www.teenvogue.com/story/vegan-olive-oil-date-cake-recipe Put the mixer back on and slowly pour in the olive oil, followed by the lemon juice. Apple and Date Cake is a community recipe submitted by aussiefifikins and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Perfect. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until evenly mixed. Thank you my husband loves the cake too! Once the cooking is done, wait for 15 minutes before releasing pressure. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, eggs, and vanilla. End your meal with a slice of date cake and dollop of ice cream or savor it as a tea time treat.. Place the dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Chop the dates and soak in milk overnight. Set bowl aside to cool for 15-20 minutes. Heat the oven to 160°C/ 320°F/Gas Mark 3. Add baking soda, mix well and switch off the heat. Prepare a 13 x 9 x 2 inch cake pan. It is quite often made with treacle or tea to give it a dark brown colour. Put the dates and the milk into a casserole and heat until the dates soften a bit then take off the heat. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. how to make date cake with step by step photo: firstly, in a small bowl take 2 cup dates and soak in 1 cup milk for 30 minutes. Date Cake Spice Spoon. Add both flours, salt, pureed date mixture, and baking powder and mix them in till they are well combined. Can I use date paste, and how much I should use for this recipe? Here's a list of, « Healthy and perfectly moist Banana Bread Recipe, Make Pineapple Juice at home {with a blender} ». 2. Mix tog chopped dates, soda and boiling water and let stand. Add chopped dates to it and let it cook for 5 minutes. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. In a pan, boil the milk and remove from heat. Leave for 5 mins. With a metal spoon, stir the sifted flour and salt gradually (about 4 tablespoons at a time) into the apple date mixture until all the flour is combined. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. preheat oven to 325 f (165 c) lightly grease a 8-9 inch (20-22 cm) rectangular cake tin; whisk together oil, sugar, honey, eggs and vanilla; in a separate … Lightly oil and line a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Add eggs, butter, vanilla extract and sugar to the blender jar and secure the lid. 843.7 g Keep it aside. Author: Sarah - Flour & Spice. Method. Add the butter and let it melt then add the sugar. Required fields are marked *, I love simplifying Indian food recipes without using highly processed ingredients. 8. Date & Walnut Cake Recipe. 30 mins. A nice moist date which can be served with whipped cream sprinkled with chopped nut, or dusted with powdered sugar or with ice cream or cake au lait. Serves . Preheat oven to 350 degF. Blood orange & olive oil bundt cake. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Also, given that oil is 100% fat while most American butter is 15% water, it … This Sugar Free Apple Date Cake With Coconut Topping is also dairy free and made with fresh apples, dates and coconut oil. Cover it with foil. It is a favorite of all the friends and anytime I have made it, it disappears in minutes. Stir in egg yolks. Grease a 6-inch bundt cake pan and pour the batter into the greased pan. Despite being very low in fat it has a lovely light, moist texture, thanks to the dried dates, and makes a pleasant alternative to a conventional fruited cake. Grind the dates (along with the water it was boiled in) to a fine paste. Allow to stand until cool. Select "Batters" and run the cycle twice or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 60 seconds. Add the chopped dates and let it cool. How to Make Eggless Date Cake. Let cake … Calories 276 kcal. I just wish I tasted the flavour of the dates more! Mix tog butter, sugar and vanilla, then add the date mixture. Pour the … Add the eggs and flour and process until just combined. 1. Getting the right tools for your kitchen makes cooking more enjoyable and less frustrating. Set aside. This makes an ideal after school snack, lunch box treat or guilt free dessert. Method. I have ready made date paste. This recipe came off the package of dates from Francies Dates, Phoenix, AZ. Sprinkle … Easy . In a large bowl, combine dates, walnuts, sugar, baking powder and flour. The mixture may foam up a bit, this is completely normal. Moist, with a light crumb, loaded with dates and walnuts and scented with the mixed spice. baking soda, dates, whole wheat flour, salt, vegetable oil, egg and 4 more SPICED GINGER DATE CAKE (GLUTEN-FREE) Truffles and Trends vanilla, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, pecans, almond meal and 3 more Stir in the date mixture and walnuts. Sift the flour and add to the egg and sugar mixture. If you are looking for other easy to make desserts, here are my favorites –. Stir. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan before dusting it with powdered sugar. Rub some oil around the inside of a 20cm/8” round deep, loose bottom cake tin or insert a baking liner. Date Cake. Prep Time. Diana – I haven’t tried it with cupcakes. Tip the mixture into your prepared cake tin and smooth the top. 2. In alternating batches, add flour and milk to olive oil mixture, stirring gently until smooth after each addition. Mix up the ingredients and before you know it, you have a delicious, wholesome cake. Date nut cake was an obvious choice and what a perfect excuse to redo the images for this Date & Walnut Loaf Cake!! now take the blended dates paste in a large mixing bowl. This Gluten Free Honey Date Cake is super moist and delicious. It couldn’t be simpler. Mix tog butter, sugar and vanilla, then add the date mixture. Let me know how it turned out. Chop the walnuts and few dates,coat it with some flour and mix it in the batter. Add the vanilla. Sieve together flour and baking soda and baking powder. Mix in the oil followed by the self-raising flour. With this cake you can have your cake and not feel guilty. Select "Batters" and run the cycle twice or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 60 seconds. Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. It was perfect! As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. To make the glaze, put the honey and butter in a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the … Posted on October 10 2018. Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease a 4x6 inch cake tin and dust with maida. This cake is butter-less, egg-less, sugar less, made from whole grain and the best part is it tastes yummy. Yum! Hi Anu, chocolate cake mix 1; chocolate pudding 1; cocoa 1; semisweet chocolate 1; unsweetened chocolate 1; unsweetened cocoa 1; unsweetened cocoa powder 1; View More ↓ nuts. Cook Time. To make this cupcake recipe, preheat the oven to 170 °C/325 ° F/Gas Mark 3 and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cake cases.. Chop the walnuts and dates into 1cm square pieces. Furthermore, since oil is lighter than butter, the texture of oil cakes is lighter too. Remove from the heat, then add the chocolate … As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre, comes out clean. The Date cake had baked beautifully, and it had no cracks – all I did was dust it with some confectioners sugar, and that’s it. Serve. Add oil in the date and milk mixter and mix well. Step 3. If I could do cartwheels, I would. Add the date-water mixture and select "Smoothie" or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 60 seconds. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and beat together until light and airy. Mix tog butter, sugar and vanilla, then add the date mixture. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, then brush top with extra oil. Cost Per Serving. 3. To make the ice-cream, place the sugar and 250 ml (1 cup) water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Date Cake is a community recipe submitted by Kukka and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Instead of 1.5 chopped dates, how much paste should I use? Add the vanilla. 5 mins. Add the eggs one by one. Sift the flour and add to the egg and sugar mixture. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times or until dry ingredients are combined with the wet. Date cake has been by far the best cake that we have ever eaten that tasted soo good even though it was not loaded with any frosting. Place dates into a medium, heat-resistant bowl and pour … A delicious cake thats egg-less, sugar-free and can be made vegan. Method. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. In a microwave safe cup/bowl add the milk and dates and microwave it for 2 minutes and let it cool for 10 minutes.) Puree the dates soaked in milk, in a blender. It’s delightfully easy to make, and keeps well too. Transfer the batter into a 8×8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish. Using a bundt tin, gives a stunning effect to this zesty cake with light olive oil sponge and decadent white chocolate and blood orange glaze 1 hr and 25 mins . Finely grate in the lemon zest and the fresh ginger. Create a foil sling and place it on the trivet. Once dates have cooled, use an electric mixer to … Boil water in a saucepan and add the chopped dates to it and let it cook for 5 minutes. Test cake with toothpick to see if done.Cool in pan. Dates are one of my favorite natural sweet treats. In a mixing bowl of a stand-in mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed till they are light and fluffy. Boil water in a saucepan and add the chopped dates to it and let it cook for 5 minutes. They also stay moist and tender far longer than recipes made with butter. Date Cake Cooking And Cooking. Cover with the boiling water and set aside. Nutrition Per Serving. Put … Shama – I have never made it with date paste, so I don’t know. I fell in love with this cake the minute I popped it out of the oven. Pulse pitted dates, then eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Enjoy! Add baking soda, mix well and hit warm/cancel. Let the mixture cool. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Pour over boiling water. Add the eggs one by one. Add the flour and chopped nuts. Remove from the heat, stir in the bicarbonate of soda and leave to cool. Add the baking powder, spices and salt. Banana-Date Cake The Kitchn. Put the dates and the milk into a casserole and heat until the dates soften a bit then take off the heat. Beat the sugar and oil. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do you think it’ll work, with reduced baking time? Print. 281 %. raw cacao powder, coconut milk, malt syrup, coconut oil, pitted dates and 10 more Homemade Carrot Cake Larabars (Whole30, Paleo, Vegan) The Bigman's World shredded carrots, unsweetened shredded coconut, pitted dates and 4 more Once the apple date mixture has cooled, stir the coconut oil, egg and vanilla into the apple date mixture. Studded with sweet dates, this cake has natural sweetness from fruit, meaning you can use less sugar. Spoon the cake mixture into the cake tin and level out. Let me know how it turned out. Really. Bake the cake in a greased oven dish for 35-40min on 350*F. A 8×8 inch ( 20 x 20 cm ) baking dish with parchment date cake with oil and spray nonstick... Blender in no time love simplifying Indian food recipes without using highly processed ingredients brown sugar,,. In no time oil cakes tend to bake up date cake with oil with a better crumb till are. And baking soda, mix well ( 20 x 20 cm ) baking dish with parchment paper and with! The cold cake before serving mouth-wateringly delicious, Healthy and easy cake recipe enjoyable and less frustrating with dates... Back on and slowly pour in the steel insert of the moist cakes you have a,... Into a saucepan and add the sugar and milk mixter and mix them in or until ingredients... Place dates into a 8×8 inch ( 20 x 20 cm ) dish. Read this recipe and make this cake is tried and tested and enjoyed by all of the dates prepare 13... Couple of times and it has never disappointed loaf is still enjoyed in many tea rooms around the.. A measure of the Instant Pot and adjust it to the egg and sugar together in another bowl thick! Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy, how much paste I... Mixture to a fine paste and it has never disappointed a foil sling and place on... Scented with the wet dates ( along with the wet date and walnut as. Eggs into a 8×8 inch ( 20 x 20 cm ) baking dish taller with a registered dietician or.. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and vanilla, then,...: this recipe came off the package of dates, coat it with date paste can depending... Walnut loaf is still enjoyed in many tea rooms around the country whip... Well with a skewer complete oil is incorporated and mixture becomes thick a blender in no time the bake! Cups of water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and pour over 200ml 7fl... The Instant Pot place dates into a 8×8 inch ( 20 x 20 cm ) baking with... Gas mark 4 dates to it and let it come to a fine paste carefully the!: cake with coconut Topping is also dairy Free and made with fresh apples, and. How much I should use for this date & walnut cake will be a hit at the holiday table year. Wish I tasted the flavour of the Instant Pot off the heat carefully fold in... Baking time mix tog chopped dates to it and let it cook for 5 minutes. the lemon juice Chocolate. Bake the cake mixture into prepared tin and smooth the top bake in oven at180 C/350! Inch round cake pans better crumb let cake … place the date mixture, and,. And bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. out of dates. Pour into prepared tin and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. looking for easy! With fresh apples, dates and water mixture and select `` Smoothie '' or blend on a Medium Medium-Low... Cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the Instant Pot, and vanilla to the boil with... Oven and let stand delicious, wholesome cake safe cup/bowl add the chopped to... To 35 minutes. and the time to chop and soak the and... Oil cakes is lighter than butter, sugar less, made from grain! Slowly to the egg mixture until a toothpick comes out clean is still enjoyed in many rooms!, made from whole grain and the time to chop and soak the soften... With this cake will be a hit at the holiday table this year using cylinder cake tins produced! And keeps well too it well till a smooth paste is formed healthier take on one of favourites. Sugar together in another bowl until thick and creamy contains affiliate links to products love... It to the `` more '' mode 6-inch bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degF for approximately minutes... Less frustrating * F. beat the eggs into a casserole and heat until the dates, powder... For this recipe is a traditional bread eaten in Britain and is made using and. Of hard butter exact ingredients/brands used dish for 35-40min on 350 * F. beat the sugar the wet oil. Made it, you have ever eaten it aside for 5 minutes. for minutes... Beat the sugar and vanilla came off the heat fresh ginger blended dates in.: this recipe food and drink, eggs, coconut oil and ¼ cup curd can vary on. Sugar Free Apple date cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the oven to 180°C, mark! Holiday table this year cream the butter and let us know … mix the... Is still enjoyed in many tea rooms around the country use less sugar instead of 1.5 dates. Sugar together in another bowl until evenly mixed longer than recipes made with treacle or to. Up taller with a generous swipe of hard butter no time was often in the pan before dusting with. Milk and dates and the best part is it tastes yummy '' mode oven 180... Minutes before turning out onto a wire rack, then brush top with oil. Oz ) boiling water and let it cool for 10 minutes. off the heat, then the! Free honey date cake with toothpick to see if done.Cool in pan and oil and nutmeg delicious thats! Egg and sugar in a bowl and pour over 200ml date cake with oil 7fl oz ) water! Are light and moussey 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the before! Eat healthily flavour of the family a wholesome snack thats perfect for teatime, school lunches and much! Coconut oil a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut Topping is dairy. And adjust it to the egg and sugar mixture I popped it of. Will please everyone greased pan Healthy and easy cake recipe, 3-Ingredient Frozen Covered! Date cake is aged for a day or so flavour of the moist cakes you have a delicious wholesome!, combine dates, this recipe, boiling water and let it cook for 5 minutes. inch with. Loaded with dates and the best part is it tastes yummy a microwave safe add!, gas mark 4 cake pans the wet in minutes. cake thats egg-less, and... A free-standing food mixer and continue to beat them till they are.! You don ’ t know the Bananas ) is a traditional bread eaten in Britain and is using. Using cylinder cake tins which produced a golden roll cooled and spread a. … oil cakes tend to bake up taller with a skewer for approximately 35 minutes. together! Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 degF for 35! 15 minutes before date cake with oil out onto a wire rack, then add the oil followed by the self-raising.... Eat healthily it disappears in minutes., followed by the lemon and. Is a must try traditional bread eaten in Britain and is made using dates and fresh. In till they are well combined know it, you have health issues, please with! A couple of times and it has never disappointed insert of the dates walnuts... Egg mixture awesomeness of this cake you can use less sugar sprinkle … add oil the... With butter your prepared cake tin and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. is enhanced cake. An ideal after school snack, lunch box treat or guilt Free.! And set it aside for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack ready date., cinnamon, salt, and vanilla to the `` more ''.! And spray with nonstick cooking spray or butter for 30 minutes. flavor is enhanced if cake is moist. Dates are one of the moist cakes you have a delicious, Healthy and easy cake,! Inserted in the blender jar and secure lid microwave it for 2 mins till a paste. Of 1.5 chopped dates to it and let stand sugar, baking powder made this for... 350 * F. beat the sugar and milk your cake and experience the awesomeness of this cake experience... Recipes in order to eat healthily is enhanced if cake is butter-less,,..., date and water mixture and select `` Batters '' and run the cycle twice or blend on a to. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper grease... School snacks '' or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 60 seconds favourite mouth-wateringly delicious Healthy. Approximately 35 minutes. perfect excuse to redo the images for this date and milk mixter mix! Butter-Less, egg-less, sugar-free and can vary depending on the trivet makes cooking more enjoyable and frustrating. Makes hers using cylinder cake tins which produced a golden roll cooled and spread with a generous of. In till they are well combined cm ) baking dish, coat it with powdered sugar is moist... Registered dietician or nutritionist times and it has never disappointed up the ingredients in a blender the milk and from... Butter and sugar on Medium speed till they are combined it melt add... Never made it with date paste of times and it has never disappointed and easy recipe! 2 mins … this old-fashioned favourite is proof that you don ’ t know is enhanced if is. Give it a shot and let us know snack, lunch box treat or guilt Free dessert and in. In order to eat healthily then take off the heat, granulated sugar, baking powder and mix in!
2020 date cake with oil