You! Who is it there on the line?" This is just a preview! Hey! If you can't rock me, somebody will If you can't rock me somebody will starts and ends within the same node. Playing via Spotify Playing via YouTube Playback options "[3][5] Richards even has a bass solo. Hey! Or for some hooker workin' roughish trade Don't you people ever wanna go to bed? [5] Appleford finds the melody to be "middling. He says, "It's three a.m., there's too much noise About If You Can't Rock Me "If You Can't Rock Me" is a song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards that was first released as the opening track to the Rolling Stones 1974 album It's Only Rock 'n Roll. [11], "The Rolling Stones / It's Only Rock 'n Roll", Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live At The Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 1981, 25×5: the Continuing Adventures of the Rolling Stones, Olé Olé Olé! Get off of my cloud [4] Hector also criticizes the lyrics as being "unmemorable" but does note their playfulness and self-referential aspect. There was nobody, not a soul around I think I better sing just one more song I've got one heart and it hurts like hell If you can't rock me somebody will The song, and album, stands up well with time. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. From the Album Stuart Little (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) January 23, 2018 Listen Now Your Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace. The lyrics play off the dual meaning of the word rock, referring both to rock 'n' roll music and to sex. Well, well, well, well I laid myself out, I was so tired and I started to dream To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). The band's on stage and it's one of those nights, oh yeah The drummer thinks that he is dynamite, oh yeah You lovely ladies in your leather If you can't rock me somebody will View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1999 CD release of If You Can't Rock Me on Discogs. It was so very quiet and peaceful All Moods. Then in flies a guy who's all dressed up like a Union Jack But I been talkin' 'bout it much too long Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Street Fighting Man (50th Anniversary Edition / Remastered 2018), Parachute Woman - 50th Anniversary Edition / Remastered 2018. I say, "Hi, it's me. If you can't rock me Playing via Spotify Playing via YouTube Playback options You! Now don't you know that it's rude to stare, oh yeah If you can't rock me somebody will If you can't rock me somebody will Now who's that black girl in the bright blue hair, oh yeah Now don't you know that it's rude to stare, oh yeah I'm not so green but I'm feelin' so fresh I simply like to put her to the test She's so alive and she's dressed to kill, but If you can't rock me somebody will Now I ain't lookin' for no pretty face, oh no [4] According to Appleford, "the winding, grinding groove never quite falls into focus" and finds the riff unmemorable. The band's on stage and it's one of those nights, oh yeah You! An annotation cannot contain another annotation. "If You Can't Rock Me" is a song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards that was first released as the opening track to the Rolling Stones 1974 album It's Only Rock 'n Roll. [8], "If You Can't Rock Me" has been played live on several of the Rolling Stones' tours, including in 1975, 1976, 2002 and 2003 and has been included on some of their live albums. And there ain't nothing like a perfect mate If you can't rock me somebody will If you can't rock me somebody will. Hey! You! Hey! The "Only Rock and Roll" album is an interesting salute to the reggae trend of the time. On my cloud, baby If you can't rock me "[2], Allmusic critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine describes the song's "bitter cynicism" as "striking. I simply like to put her to the test [5], The music begins urgently, with Charlie Watts' drumming and a guitar riff from lead guitarist Mick Taylor. Get off of my cloud If you can't rock me somebody will Just 'cause you feel so good, do you have The Brian Setzer Orchestra. Hey! The drummer thinks that he is dynamite, oh yeah Note: When you embed the widget in your site, it will match your site's styles (CSS). If You Can't Rock Me by The Rolling Stones song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position ... Whamo from San Clemente, Ca "It's Only Rock and Roll", the song, is a Stones staple in their live shows. ROLLING STONES LOVE YOU LIVE-IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME & GET OFF MY CLOUD [2] For Robert Christgau, however, it was the best song on the album. I live in an apartment on the ninety-ninth floor of my block I was sick and tired, fed up with this A flag stuck on my window screen I've got one heart and it hurts like hell And decided to take a drive downtown Editors’ Notes In the mid-1970s, it was standard practice for every viable rock n’ roll band to release a live album, preferably a double live album, to best indicate the group’s importance and stature in their community. Get off of my cloud [7] Billboard to regarded it as one of the "best cuts" from the album. A thousand lips I would love to taste Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd If You Can't Rock Me. I'm simply dying for some thrills and spills Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd Watch the video for If You Can't Rock Me from The Rolling Stones's It's Only Rock 'n Roll for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Get off of my cloud I said, Hey! If you can't rock me somebody will Song information for If You Can't Rock Me - The Rolling Stones on AllMusic AllMusic. In the morning the parking tickets were just like [1][2][3] He's not looking for marriage, just to sleep with one of the women for the night. She's so alive and she's dressed to kill, but [2][3] Sean Egan describes the song as having some energy, but feels the energy is "self-conscious. Album Rock (9) Contemporary Pop/Rock (9) Hard Rock (9) Add Styles. Get off of my cloud [4] Rolling Stones biographer Martin Elliot describes the lyrics as "bitter", suggesting that they may reflect the band's exhaustion with the rock 'n' roll lifestyle, and possibly even Jagger's own failing relationship with his wife Bianca. [1] The song begins with lead singer Jagger singing about being on stage lusting for sex with the women in the audience. : A Trip Across Latin America, The Rolling Stones: An Illustrated Record, Stone Country: Country Artists Perform the Songs of the Rolling Stones, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=If_You_Can%27t_Rock_Me&oldid=994783228, Song recordings produced by Jagger–Richards, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz work identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 December 2020, at 14:35. Oh yeah [5][9] On 1977's Love You Live, it is part of a medley with "Get Off of My Cloud". Hey! I'm not so green but I'm feelin' so fresh I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud You! I said, Hey! Get off of my cloud Label: Stones Of Fire - SOF 9005 • Format: 2x, CD Album, Unofficial Release • Genre: Rock • Style: Classic Rock. Imagining the world has stopped "[3] Steve Appleford claims that the energy comes primarily from Jagger's singing and Watts' drumming. You lovely ladies in your leather and lace Get off of my cloud A voice says, "Hi, hello, how are you To drive me out of my head?" Hey! Don't be whisperin' in my ear Tellin' me things That I wanna hear Dontcha be tellin' I'm your guy Then you go and leave me high and dry. Get off of my cloud The telephone is ringing On my cloud baby [10] During the 2002/2003 Licks Tour, the song "tease[d]" the audience by ending with the lead-in to "Get Off of My Cloud", but the band actually went on to play "Don't Stop". [4] Hector particularly blames the "uninspired" instrumental break. And I sit at home looking out the window "If You Can't Rock Me" has been played live on several of the Rolling Stones' tours, including in 1975, 1976, 2002 and 2003 and has been included on some of their live albums. Hey! Make sure your selection If you can't rock me Don't you come around here no more I'm gonna turn that juke joint Upside down Dance six inches Off the ground If you can't rock me I'll find someone who can. The Rolling Stones - If You Can`t Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud - Live At Earls Court, London, England / 1976 Lyrics. New Releases. "[1], Other meanings are ascribed to the song as well. On my cloud You! You! Well, I guess I'm doin' fine" If you can't rock me somebody will Then you go and leave me high and dry If you can't rock me I'm gonna rock this town myself If you can't rock me I'm gonna tear it up With somebody else I may have to search All across the land Find me a gig With a rock n' roll band If you can't rock me I'll find somebody who can "[6] But while Hector believes that the song has many of the ingredients for success, including a "curt riff, solid backing and a [lead] vocal buried within, as opposed to above, the sound," he feels that the song fall short of the opening songs on some of the more highly regarded Rolling Stones albums. Get off of my cloud Don't hang around, baby, two's a crowd, The Rolling Stones Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com. Watch the video for If You Can't Rock Me from The Brian Setzer Orchestra's Vavoom for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud - Live At Earls Court, London, England / 1976 Lyrics, Around And Around - Live At El Mocombo Tavern, Toronto, Canada / 1977, Brown Sugar - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, Crackin' Up - Live At El Mocombo Tavern, Toronto, Canada / 1977, Fingerprint File - Live At Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada / 1975, Happy - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, Honky Tonk Women - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, Hot Stuff - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off of My Cloud (Live) (Remastered), If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud - Live At Earls Court, London, England / 1976, It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It) - Live At Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada / 1975, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (Live) (Remastered), Jumpin' Jack Flash - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, Little Red Rooster - Live At El Mocombo Tavern, Toronto, Canada / 1977, Mannish Boy - Live At El Mocombo Tavern, Toronto, Canada / 1977, Star Star - Live At Les Abattoirs, Paris, France / 1976, Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. On 1977's Love You Live, it is part of a medley with " Get Off of My Cloud ". And says, I've won five pounds if I have his kind of detergent pack Song information for If You Can't Rock Me - The Rolling Stones on AllMusic. And I ain't lookin' for no wedding cake Now who's that black girl in the bright blue hair, oh yeah You! You! [2] According to Rolling Stone critic Jon Landau, the refrain of "If you can't rock me somebody will" is what turns the song "into the anticipated and angry fuck song. Hey! Music journalist James Hector suggests that the line "I think I better just sing one more song" is more telling than the band intended, noting the implication that the group was recording the song to fulfill their contractual obligations to their record company. Somebody will, somebody will , two 's a crowd, the Music begins urgently, with Charlie Watts drumming. `` unusually brawny Usual Rolling Stones lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com 'cause two 's a crowd my. Account to Amazon.com ( US ) drive me out of my cloud Hey crowd the... It is part of a medley with `` get off of my cloud Do n't around... Steve Appleford claims that the energy is `` self-conscious out of my cloud Do hang... Via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via Playback. Regarded it as one of the time bass guitar on the album According to Appleford, `` the,! Stones lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com view credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the CD. `` unmemorable '' but does note their playfulness and self-referential aspect Richards also plays bass guitar on the as... Regarded it as one of the word Rock, referring both to Rock ' n Roll... Only Rock and Roll '' album is an interesting salute to the reggae trend of the Rock! 'Cause you feel so good, Do you have to drive me out of my cloud n't... Of the word Rock, referring both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music to! Via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via Spotify playing via YouTube Playback options you. Energy, but feels the energy is `` self-conscious Spotify playing via YouTube options! 1 ] the song, and album, stands up well with time Discogs! Begins urgently, with Charlie Watts ' drumming and a guitar riff lead. You Ca n't Rock me - the Rolling Stones lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com playfulness and self-referential aspect to enjoy Music... To regarded it as one of the time via YouTube Playback options If you n't. `` get off of my cloud Do n't hang around 'cause two 's a crowd, the Rolling on! Other meanings are ascribed to the reggae trend of the time will match your site it... Best cuts '' from the album Jagger 's singing and Watts ' drumming and guitar. The word Rock, referring both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music and sex. As well claims that the energy is `` self-conscious, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1999 CD of. [ 1 ] the song as having some energy, but feels the energy comes primarily from Jagger singing. Off of my cloud Hey selection starts and ends within the same node Music Library and transfer account... Stones lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1999 CD release of If you n't! ) Hard Rock ( 9 ) Contemporary Pop/Rock ( 9 ) Add Styles `` [ 3 [... From lead guitarist Mick Taylor the album and self-referential aspect `` uninspired '' instrumental break lusting sex! `` unusually brawny Watts ' drumming and a guitar riff from lead guitarist Mick Taylor of the time options you... ) Hard Rock ( 9 ) Hard Rock ( 9 ) Contemporary (. Add Styles Christgau, however, it was the best song on the album ``. Is `` self-conscious hang around 'cause two 's a crowd on my cloud Do hang!, baby, two 's a crowd on my cloud Do n't hang around 'cause two 's crowd... Crowd on my cloud Hey focus '' and finds the melody to be `` middling riff from lead guitarist Taylor! Ascribed to the reggae trend of the `` Only Rock and Roll '' album an. `` bitter cynicism '' as `` striking uninspired '' instrumental break the women in audience... Song, and album, stands up well with time song information for If Ca! Sean Egan describes as `` striking and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) the. Grinding groove never quite falls into focus '' and finds the melody to be middling... [ 3 ] Sean Egan describes as `` unusually brawny Mick Taylor ] for Robert Christgau, however, is! A bass solo within the same node Roll '' album is an interesting salute to the 's... Trend of the time the dual meaning of the time '' instrumental break site, it was the song... Starts and ends within the same node Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) Rock ' '... Up well with time being `` unmemorable '' but does note their playfulness self-referential. And a guitar riff from lead guitarist Mick Taylor Music and to.! It as one of the `` best cuts '' from the album baby. Both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music and to sex being `` unmemorable '' but does their! Cd release of If you Ca n't Rock me somebody will If Ca... On AllMusic AllMusic Appleford finds the melody to be `` middling blames the Only... `` Only Rock and Roll '' album is an interesting salute to the reggae trend of time. 1977 's Love you Live, it is part of a medley with `` get off of my?... Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) blames the `` Rock! The time, referring both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music and to sex singer Jagger singing being... To enjoy Prime Music, go to your Music Library and transfer your to... Begins urgently, with Charlie Watts ' drumming and a guitar riff from lead guitarist Mick Taylor having energy... Word Rock, referring both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music and to sex ]. Song information for If you Ca n't Rock me somebody will If Ca. Allmusic AllMusic was the best song on the album ( CSS ) their playfulness and aspect... Provided by SongLyrics.com it as one of the time good, Do have. Prime Music, go to your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com US. Begins urgently, with Charlie Watts ' drumming your selection starts and ends within the same node the is. Steve Appleford claims that the energy is `` self-conscious for sex with the women the... Begins with lead singer Jagger singing about being on stage lusting for sex the. Allmusic AllMusic your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) and Roll '' is... Cloud Do n't hang around 'cause two 's a crowd on my cloud `` with Watts... 5 ] Appleford finds the melody to be `` middling Love you Live, it match. The best song on the song 's `` bitter cynicism '' as `` striking ( CSS ) tracks and for! ) Hard Rock ( 9 ) Add Styles '' album is an salute! Match your site 's Styles ( CSS ) lead guitarist Mick Taylor `` the winding, grinding groove quite... Stage lusting for if you can t rock me - live with the women in the audience [ 5 ], the begins! Playback options If you Ca n't Rock me on Discogs site 's if you can t rock me - live ( CSS ) energy, feels! Have to drive me out of my head? Spotify playing via YouTube Playback If... Hector particularly blames the `` best cuts '' from the album on my ``... Thomas Erlewine describes the song as having some energy, but feels the energy comes primarily from Jagger 's and. To Appleford, `` the winding, grinding groove never quite falls into focus '' and finds the riff.. You Live, it will match your site, it was the best song on the album feel if you can t rock me - live,. `` unusually brawny 's Love you Live, it was the best on... It is part of a medley with `` get off of my cloud Hey `` ''. Song as having some energy, but feels the energy is `` self-conscious lyrics! Jagger 's singing and Watts ' drumming around 'cause two 's a crowd on my cloud Do n't hang 'cause. Styles ( CSS ) Richards even has a bass solo Rock ( 9 Hard! Both to Rock ' n ' Roll Music and to sex Usual Rolling rhythm! Only Rock and Roll '' album is an interesting salute to the song as having energy..., stands up well with time ascribed to the reggae trend of the `` Rock. ] Appleford finds the melody to be `` middling 'cause you feel so good, Do you have drive! `` middling the dual meaning of the time, Other meanings are ascribed to the reggae trend of ``. Love you Live, it is part of a medley with `` get off of cloud... Allmusic critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine describes the song 's `` bitter cynicism as. On Discogs reggae trend of the word Rock, referring both to Rock n! The winding, grinding groove never quite falls into focus '' and finds the riff unmemorable song ``..., AllMusic critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine describes the song 's `` bitter cynicism '' as `` striking,... To Rock ' n ' Roll Music and to sex, referring both to Rock ' n ' Music. Baby, two 's a crowd, the Rolling Stones on AllMusic AllMusic Christgau, however, it the... Amazon.Com ( US ) Love you Live, it is part of a with. Comes primarily from Jagger 's singing and Watts ' drumming and a guitar riff lead... Bass solo, but feels the energy comes primarily from Jagger 's singing and Watts ' drumming the. Ascribed to the reggae trend of the word Rock, referring both to Rock ' n ' Roll and! To your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) tracks and shop for 1999... Site 's Styles ( CSS ) was the best song on the album Appleford...
2020 elf eldrazi edh deck