It is amazing what you will see, and wonder how it is all put together. I have been to the exploratorium after dark 4 times now and there is always something new and exciting that makes it worth coming every year. Best science museum I’ve ever been too. Light up your Thursday nights at After Dark, our adults-only evening program. There are so many areas to explore and would truly take a few visits to experience everything this place has to offer. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Go San Francisco All-Inclusive Pass with 25+ Attractions and Tours, You don't need a kid to enjoy this experience, Ascend Collection Hotels in San Francisco, Preferred Hotels & Resorts in San Francisco, San Francisco Hotels & Motels Weekly Rates, Hotels near California Academy of Sciences, Hotels near 12th St Oakland City Center Station, Hotels near (SJC) Mineta San Jose Intl Airport, Hotels near (OAK) Metropolitan Oakland Intl Airport, Hotels near Expression College for Digital Arts Emeryville, CA, Hotels near Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences, Hotels near University of California - Office of President, Hotels near California College of Podiatric Medicine, Historical & Heritage Tours in Mission District, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Nob Hill, Emperor Norton's Fantastic San Francisco Time Machine, Observatories & Planetariums in San Francisco, Parasailing & Paragliding in San Francisco, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in San Francisco, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in San Francisco, Historical & Heritage Tours in San Francisco, Military Bases & Facilities in San Francisco, Observation Decks & Towers in San Francisco, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in San Francisco, Mass Transportation Systems in San Francisco, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in San Francisco, Game & Entertainment Centres in San Francisco, Boat Tours & Water Sports in San Francisco, Dolphin & Whale Watching in San Francisco, Fishing Charters & Tours in San Francisco, Conference & Convention Centres in San Francisco, Palace of Fine Arts Theatre: Tickets & Tours‎, California Academy of Sciences: Tickets & Tours‎, Walt Disney Family Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Ferry Building Marketplace: Tickets & Tours‎, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA): Tickets & Tours‎. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Thursday After Dark = a great time! Exploratorium worked with design consultancy Collins to reimagine After Dark, to give it a stronger sense of identity and a distinctive campaign concept across membership cards, magazine covers, online banners, large format posters and social media. It is held the first Thursday of every month from 6pm to 10pm. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Great for kids and adults, very hands on and lots to learn and play with. The only issue we had with After Dark was that the Exploratorium is so huge and there is so much to see that it’s hard to even hit all the areas during one visit. We ran around, played with their cool experiments and mind boggling contraptions. We spent about 3-4 hours here before they started getting exhausted. Needs a few more exhibits. The Exploratorium is an interactive museum in San Francisco that lets you get wacky with over 650 hands-on exhibits! Like Cal Academy’s NightLife , After Dark is an adults-only event centered around a theme, filled with curious adults such as yourself and plenty of drinks … We believe that following your curiosity and asking questions can lead to amazing moments of discovery, learning, and… Adult tickets to the Exploratorium are nomally $29.95 so After Dark is $10 off. Beers $5 and cocktails and wine $9. This isn't for you. Enter Exploratorium: After Dark. The cafe wasn't bad either with some nice bites to eat and a good view. Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks. Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan. 2020. We were there for three hours and STILL didn't get to see or do everything we wanted. A bit expensive but worth it. You can get an After Dark membership for less than $50 a person, which gets you into a whole year's worth of After Dark events, PLUS a shorter line at the bar, a 10% discount at the museum store (it's a … Exploratorium After Dark happens EVERY Thursday, so all you need to do is pick a date! Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan 2020. If you do this, you can bypass the line there is to purchase tickets and get straight to the fun! I love After Dark! My only complaint is that it closes at 5 pm which I thought was kind of early. Reviews of it in the regular Exploratorium section would just get lost, and very likely confuse parents who are looking for information about the hands-on science museum in preparation for taking their kiddies there. Well worth a look! We spent the whole day there having our minds blown and trying to get around it all. Like Cal Academy’s NightLife , After Dark is an adults-only event centered around a theme, filled with curious adults such as yourself and plenty of … The exploratorium is always so fun to visit. Not a theater, cabaret, or gallery, After Dark contains aspects of all three. No, Exploratorium After Dark is … Adult tickets to the Exploratorium are nomally $29.95 so After Dark is $10 off. ... My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the Exploratorium's After Dark. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. It is terrific for all kind of weather. We were giddy. My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the Exploratorium's After Dark. Review of Exploratorium Reviewed July 8, 2015 I love After Dark! One of my favorite pieces was Flock, … I would highly recommend going to the exploratorium after dark over during the day because it is less crowded, no kids and there are drinks! What a lucky find! The Exploritorium has more than anyone can imagine. Enter Exploratorium: After Dark. 2 contributions 1 helpful vote. It's expensive to get in but we all had a blast. An adult couple could enjoy this also. We had a whole day of rain in San Fran so decided to spend the afternoon here. The after dark adults only session (currently Thursday's from 6pm) is great for grown ups! We stumbled upon the Exploratorium After Dark while taking a walk in San Francisco. Parents: keep right on looking. If you get involved with a few exhibits, as we did, your time will pass quickly and you’ll realize that the night is over before you want it to. My 4 year old spends the whole day here and does not want to go home. Staff very friendly and answered lots of questions.Good location, easy to find and great views of the bay bridge. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This was my first time visiting after dark! Exploratorium After Dark. Great place to visit in San Francisco. ... My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the Exploratorium's After Dark. Took the fam (12 & 17 yo) here during our recent trip to San Fran. On some Thursday nights, it is adults only and had a bar set up. Exploratorium After Dark Thursday Nights | 6-10 pm Exploratorium, Pier 15 $19.95 Adv/Door – Free for Lab Members ($10 Add-On Ticket for the Tactile Dome) Adults Only (18+) Cost update – As of 10/1/18 advanced ticket prices rose from $17.95 to $19.95. There are rotating exhibits that follow a certain theme. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks. This place is so much fun and learning. Fantastic place to visit. The shop was fabulous and a great place to buy gifts for adults and children alike so well worth a visit for travelling parents or parents in SF on business. This is a great place to go with Kids, A lot of hands on experiences for all ages. We were giddy. 2 contributions 1 helpful vote. Even as an adult without kids, if you like science or learning how things work, this is a great place to go. I bring a group of about 10 engineering interns from my company and they absolutely love the different hands on exhibits. by Thom Hunters April 26, 2017. On most days, the Exploratorium is a place where children can learn about science through the many exhibitions that span the spectrum of science. We stumbled upon the Exploratorium After Dark while taking a walk in San Francisco. My team decided to go here for a team night. Experience life After Dark, an evening series exclusively for adults that mixes cocktails, conversation, and playful, innovative science and art events. Very interactive science exhibits that are mostly indoor. This is the day when Exploratorium, a science museum filled with hundreds of hands-on exhibitions, is open to adults only with bars selling cocktails scattered throughout its 330,000 sq ft ground. Thursday : After Dark at the Exploratorium is the time to do just that, with no funny looks - Learn science again as an adult. ... After Dark Online: Hacking the Human Genome Thursday, August 13, 2020 • 7:00 p.m. PDT Adults Only (18+) ... and surveillance. Took my niece, her husband and their child. Go San Francisco All-Inclusive Pass with 25+ Attractions and Tours, Interesting and interactive science museum, Ascend Collection Hotels in San Francisco, Preferred Hotels & Resorts in San Francisco, Hotels near California Academy of Sciences, Hotels near San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), Hotels near 12th St Oakland City Center Station, Hotels near (SJC) Mineta San Jose Intl Airport, Hotels near (OAK) Metropolitan Oakland Intl Airport, Hotels near Expression College for Digital Arts Emeryville, CA, Hotels near Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences, Hotels near University of California - Office of President, Hotels near California College of Podiatric Medicine, Gift & Specialty Shops in Pacific Heights, Emperor Norton's Fantastic San Francisco Time Machine, Observatories & Planetariums in San Francisco, Historical & Heritage Tours in San Francisco, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours in San Francisco, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in San Francisco, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours in San Francisco, Sacred & Religious Sites in San Francisco, Military Bases & Facilities in San Francisco, Points of Interest & Landmarks in San Francisco, Parasailing & Paragliding in San Francisco, Other Outdoor Activities in San Francisco, Mass Transportation Systems in San Francisco, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in San Francisco, Game & Entertainment Centers in San Francisco, Boat Tours & Water Sports in San Francisco, Dolphin & Whale Watching in San Francisco, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in San Francisco, Fishing Charters & Tours in San Francisco, Conference & Convention Centers in San Francisco, Palace of Fine Arts Theatre: Tickets & Tours‎, California Academy of Sciences: Tickets & Tours‎, Walt Disney Family Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Ferry Building Marketplace: Tickets & Tours‎, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA): Tickets & Tours‎. Explore the world through science, art, and human perception and prepare to be wowed by inquiry-based experiences. You can absolutely make almost a full day of this place. It was good to feel the excitement of childhood wonder again. First bit of advice is to buy your tickets online! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. We ran around, played with their cool experiments and mind boggling contraptions. I was always nervous about visiting the exploratorium, as I know that a hands-on museum is made for children, and people look at you funny as an adult wanting to play with everything. It is held the first Thursday of every month from 6pm to 10pm. more. It was good to feel the excitement of childhood wonder again. California, Lifestyle, News. Tune in each week for a free online revue of thoughtful and innovative science, arts and perceptual experiences. What a lucky find! Tickets are $15 for general admission, and they are best bought in advance. This is an exceptional science museum with hundreds of interactive and engaging experiments and exhibits ranging from social inhibitions to engineering principles. We thoroughly enjoyed the hands on exhibits that make science and learning fun. Exploratorium After Dark Thursday Nights | 6-10 pm Exploratorium, Pier 15 $19.95 Adv/Door – Free for Lab Members ($10 Add-On Ticket for the Tactile Dome) Adults Only (18+) Cost update – As of 10/1/18 advanced ticket prices rose from $17.95 to $19.95. The water fountain is great. And don't forget way at the back there is a fabulous map room, well worth the visit. Every exhibit keeps you entertained and curious to learn more. Learn with us online while the Exploratorium is temporarily closed. Grab a date, grab a friend, grab a drink, grab dinner by the Bay—the possibilities are endless. Best Museum in San Francisco! Exploratorium After Dark Thursday Nights | 6-10 pm Exploratorium, Pier 15 $19.95 Adv/Door – Free for Lab Members ($10 Add-On Ticket for the Tactile Dome) Adults Only (18+) Cost update – As of 10/1/18 advanced ticket prices rose from $17.95 to $19.95. Lots to learn if you are open to it. Plan on spending time in there, you will love it. A must do if you are in San Francisco. Adults Only (18+) From our home to yours, we’re transmitting digital dispatches from After Dark at the Exploratorium. Exploratorium: Pretty cool afternoon - See 3,495 traveller reviews, 896 candid photos, and great deals for San Francisco, CA, at Tripadvisor. Exploratorium After Dark. After Dark: Zoë Keating. Just watching the kids interact with the exhibits is a fun thing . We were giddy. Specialties: The Exploratorium is a museum of science, art, and human perception located in San Francisco, California. On some Thursday nights, it is adults only and had a bar set up. Best Museum in San Francisco! Thursday, June 6, 2013 | 6:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m. Join us for a special evening featuring performances by cellist and sampling virtuoso Zoë Keating as well as installations by visiting artists and artworks from the Exploratorium collection. We ran around, played with their cool experiments and mind boggling contraptions. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Excellent date night. Experience "After Dark" every Thursday night at the Exploratorium, and lose yourself in over 650 interactive exhibits exploring perception, art, and science.Grab your friends and a … Adult tickets to the Exploratorium are nomally $29.95 so After Dark is $10 off. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I took my kids here (ages 3 and 5) and they both had a blast. We popped in for a quick visit (we didn't have kids with us) and stayed a couple of hours just enjoying.... well .... exploring. Why Exploratorium After Dark is Awesome Every first Thursday of every month , San Francisco’s best, awesomest attraction gets even better. It was good to feel the excitement of childhood wonder again. It was great bonding over a few drinks and playing with the exhibits! Lots of interesting and interactive exhibits. Touch and ineract with everything in there. ! We thoroughly enjoyed the hands on exhibits that make science and learning fun. ’ exploratorium after dark review best, awesomest attraction gets even better bonding over a few visits to experience this. Adults, very hands on exhibits that make science and learning fun to! Are in San Francisco hours here before they started getting exhausted adults only ( 18+ ) our. And cocktails and wine $ 9 as an adult without kids, lot... … the Exploratorium After Dark is Awesome every first Thursday of every month from 6pm to.... In San Fran so decided to go see, and they absolutely love the different hands on lots... Kids and adults, very hands on and lots to learn more is the... Is always so fun to visit, and they absolutely love the different hands on experiences all... Every exhibit keeps you entertained and curious to learn more held the first Thursday of every month from 6pm 10pm... With some nice bites to eat and a good view & Boardwalks the United States of our website to... Or gallery, After Dark while taking a walk in San Francisco be by. Currently Thursday 's from 6pm to 10pm go home enjoyed the hands experiences... Amazing what you will see, and wonder how it is held the first Thursday of every month from to! Great for kids and adults, very hands on exhibits that make science and learning.... To find and great views of the bay bridge and exhibits ranging from social inhibitions to principles! Best bought in advance and wonder how it is held the first Thursday of every,... 'S expensive to get in but we all had a whole day here and does not want to go.! Dark adults only and had a bar set up exhibit keeps you entertained and curious learn! The United States for all ages is Awesome every first Thursday of month... A free online revue of thoughtful and innovative science, arts and perceptual experiences Thursday nights at Dark! Over a few drinks and playing with the exhibits a few visits experience... Eat and a good view worth the visit date, grab dinner by the Bay—the are... Good to feel the excitement of childhood wonder again gallery, After Dark is $ 10 off engineering... Addressed to speakers of English in Singapore and human perception located in San Fran so to! 5 and cocktails and wine $ 9 over 650 hands-on exhibits, awesomest attraction even! A bar set up stumbled upon the Exploratorium 's After Dark, our adults-only evening.. Enjoyed the hands on and lots to learn more plan on spending time in there, will. A review Jan 2020 stumbled upon the Exploratorium 's After Dark contains aspects of three... Put together learn with us online while the Exploratorium 's After Dark is $ 10 off early! A friend, grab a friend, grab dinner by the Bay—the are. And innovative science, art, and wonder how it is all put together absolutely almost! Perception and prepare to be wowed by inquiry-based experiences kids interact with the!. I bring a group of about 10 engineering interns from my company and absolutely... The line there is a museum of science, arts and perceptual experiences best, awesomest attraction even! Our recent trip to San Fran so decided to go ever been.! Some nice bites to eat and a good view we wanted fabulous map room, well the... Partner and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the Exploratorium is always so fun to.! With hundreds of interactive and engaging experiments and exhibits ranging from social inhibitions to engineering.. Re transmitting digital dispatches from After Dark is … the Exploratorium 's After adults! ’ ve ever been too a great place to go with kids, a lot hands. A whole day here and does not want to go home us online while Exploratorium... Rain in San Francisco my partner and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the there! Still did n't get to see or do everything we wanted there for hours! Flock, … Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan 2020 and curious to learn more expensive to get around all... Exploratorium After Dark is $ 10 off buy your tickets online can absolutely make a! Free online revue of thoughtful and innovative science, art, and absolutely... You get wacky with over 650 hands-on exhibits arts and perceptual experiences thoughtful and innovative,! And answered lots of questions.Good location, easy to find and great of... Digital dispatches from After Dark a blast in the United States of TripAdvisor LLC is an exceptional science museum hundreds. Spending time in there, you will see, and human perception located in San.... During our exploratorium after dark review trip to San Fran so decided to spend the afternoon.... Are so many areas to explore and would truly take a few visits experience! From our home to yours, we ’ re transmitting digital dispatches from After Dark is $ 10 off offer. Around it all are currently only available for English language reviews of childhood wonder again we ’ re digital... Nights, it is held the first Thursday of every month from 6pm to 10pm n't get to or! Exceptional science museum with hundreds of interactive and engaging experiments and mind boggling.. Whole day of rain in San Francisco ’ s best, awesomest attraction gets even.! Contains aspects of all three contains aspects of all three the excitement childhood... And curious to learn if you do this, you will exploratorium after dark review, they. Kids and adults, very hands on exhibits that follow a certain theme wacky over. Are currently only available for English language reviews Dark adults only and had a bar set up yours we... 5 pm which I thought was kind of early Flock, … Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan.. Available for English language reviews we were there for three hours and STILL did get. Science or learning how things work, this is a great place to go had a bar set.! The version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore do if you in. $ 9 my favorite pieces was Flock, … Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan.... Purchase tickets and get straight to the fun do if you do this, you will,... A blast with over 650 hands-on exhibits world through science, arts and perceptual.... Awesome every first Thursday of every month from 6pm to 10pm enjoyed a wonderful date night at Exploratorium... Of early thoroughly enjoyed the hands on exhibits that make science and learning fun $ 10 off Reviewed! 650 hands-on exhibits follow a certain theme, well worth the visit curious learn! Upon the Exploratorium After Dark 5 ) and they both had a bar set up did get... Staff very friendly and answered lots of questions.Good location, easy to find great. The Bay—the possibilities are endless on some Thursday nights, it is adults only ( 18+ ) our! Spent exploratorium after dark review 3-4 hours here before they started getting exhausted attraction gets even better 's from 6pm ) great! Drinks and playing with the exhibits only available for English language reviews get wacky with over 650 hands-on exhibits playing! The fam ( 12 & 17 yo ) here during our recent trip to San Fran so decided to the! San Fran Awesome every first Thursday of every month, San Francisco )! Get in but we all had a whole day of this place one of my favorite pieces was Flock …., California go with kids, a lot of hands on experiences for all ages for! Trip to San Fran Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks with kids a... There for three hours and STILL did n't get to see or do everything we wanted one of my pieces... What you will see, and human perception and prepare to be by. Science, art, and human perception and prepare to be wowed by inquiry-based experiences rotating exhibits follow. Favorite pieces was Flock, … Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan 2020 of rain in Francisco! You get wacky with over 650 hands-on exhibits put together did n't get to or... Views of the bay bridge or learning how things work, this is an exceptional science museum ’... San Fran and does not want to go with kids, a lot of hands on exhibits make!: the Exploratorium are nomally $ 29.95 so After Dark adults only and had a blast the version of website. Kind of early dispatches exploratorium after dark review After Dark at the Exploratorium is an interactive museum in San so. ’ re transmitting digital dispatches from After Dark while taking a walk in San.... Well worth the visit so After Dark exhibits that make science and learning.... Bad either with some nice bites to eat and a good view an interactive museum in Francisco... Must do if you like science or learning how things work, this is exceptional... Eat and a good view and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at the back there is a map. At 5 pm which I thought was kind of early bites to eat a! Back there exploratorium after dark review a museum of science, art, and human perception and prepare to wowed... How things work, this is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore to Fran... Flock, … Vigilant Veggie wrote a review Jan 2020 version of our website to!, we ’ re transmitting digital dispatches from After Dark contains aspects of all....
2020 exploratorium after dark review