Focal Clear has the same high sensitivity as Elear, yet the voice-coil has been changed from 80 to 55 Ohms.This means that from the same source set at the same volume Clear will go louder. That person thinks the Clear is muddy, shouty, and not as warm as the Elex. Massdrop has consistently delivered excellent sounding products at amazing prices, which is the result of feed back from users in the community before launch. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I should be getting a Clear and Utopia loaner soon and I'll eventually be doing a 4 way shootout comparison of Elear, Elex, Clear, and Utopia. I bought a clear and posted my review of it a while ago. Both headphones come in beautiful boxes. I auditioned the Clears already, and loved them, but Im not sure how they compare to the cheaper Elex. They are practically all-black, expect for the metallic silver finish on the cup hinges and logo. Focal Elear. Enter Focal's universe. From what I've heard, the Clears are much better than the Elear which the Elex comes from but speculation on headfi was that they should be 95% the same but seemingly no first hand experience. Frequency response compared to Elex Clear = Green Elex = Gray It's like what I said, Elex is like HD600, Clear is like HD650 (Supposedly Elex is Elear wtih Clear-like pads.) I think the elex is considered to be 90-95% of the clears and the elear is the odd triplet. Come l’Elear, i driver sono in alluminio-magnesio da 40 mm e sono progettati a forma di M. Sono confezionati con una bobina mobile in rame e, insieme, questi due elementi lavorano insieme per controllare la dinamica e il basso. Im looking for one TOTL set of cans to add to my Harem. The Focal Elear are great looking headphones that have a high-end and premium feel. Dass der Elear, der sich auf dem Preisniveau des Elegia befindet, klanglich der deutlich neutral spielendere Kopfhörer ist und bei mir durch den Elex, der sehr ähnlich dem Clear spielt, abgelöst wurde, habe ich bereits eingangs geschrieben. Focal Elear Design Comparison Focal Utopia Design Comparison How Do They Sound Focal Elear. It does two things better than the Clear: I'm saving up for a pair of Clears right now because having gone through 2 pairs of Elexs that crackled I don't want to do the same song and dance a third time. I can't say I have really noticed it in normal listening though. Would you say the Clear is worth the premium over the Elex? Partnership. Massdrop's FR graphs show their FR are mostly similar. Klangfreund"M" 2019-09-22 2019-09-29 analytisch, ausgewogen, entspannt, Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension / Test, spaßig, transparent. Focal, the high-end speaker manufacturer out of Saint-Étienne, France has expanded its high-end headphone line with a new entrant called Clear. Priced at $1499, the Clear is intended to be the best option Focal offers for under $1500. Yeah the elex is pretty close to the clear, the elear has like audeze tuning with the recessed treble. I’m a lucky guy; I’ve heard almost all of the best headphones currently on the market, but I wasn’t expecting something in that league from Focal. 5000Hz higher high-frequency? The Focal Clear feature an M-shaped, inverted-dome, full-range driver measuring 40mm. Maybe someone even already HAS the Elear, and doesn't realize you can "turn it into" an Elex just by buying the pads. Yet. 100g lighter ... Focal Clear … The HiFiMan Ananda are better critical listening headphones than the Focal Elear. Most of the build is metal, and the cups are large and well-made. Beyerdynamic T1 vs Focal Elear. I have Focal Utopia and I’ll keep it for life.. (5yrs) when warranty ends lol.. $4000 cans? Any info or opinions are welcome. The other option with tubes for the Focals is to use a hybrid tube amp. Focal is a French company that started in 1979 in the home audio world making speaker drivers and loudspeakers (originally, the loudspeakers were released under the brand name JM-lab, named after the Focal founder Jacques Mahul). ShiZo Senior Member. Press room Likes: SpeleoFool, thewas and solderdude. A place for discussion, news, reviews and DIY projects related to portable audio, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs. Most of the build is metal, and the cups are large and well-made. Have you tried/owned the Clear? That said, having heard both: if I didn't have problems with my Elex I'd still own it. Focal Elear. I'm looking at the Focal Clear … Priced at $1499, the Clear is intended to be the best option Focal offers for under $1500. Elear, Elex, and Clear all use the same driver. It’s unbelievably good. Part of the reason is that Focal supposedly designed their headphones in a way that limits their SPL. Focal is best known as France's leading high-end speaker brand, but starting last year it introduced two spectacular headphones, the Elear and the Utopia. After an hour listening I tried hard but wasn’t sucessfully when trying to … It fastens closed via magnets on the opening flap. The Clear’s design is too similar to the Elear - the basic housing is virtually unchanged. I won't give an arbitrary percentage, but the Elex & Clear do sound a lot alike. vs. Sennheiser HD 600. vs. Sennheiser HD 599. vs. Focal Elear. The new headphones will retail at $1,500 putting it just above the price of Focal's $1,000 Elear and well below the $4,000 Utopia. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. They also interact more with the pinna and create a more open soundstage than the Focal. The Focal Elear comes in an all black leather coated case. It is presented bea… Heck, I’ll throw my hat in the ring. I'd be more than happy to compare the two for you in general or with particular songs or whatever! You can't go wrong with either. I have modded my hd800 with the SDR and the SBAF mod and tbh, they are the equal of my Focal utopia headphone in many ways Elear vs HD650? The bass on both Focal headphones is really good, although they won’t have the slam of an Audeze. They have a … 5 out of 5. Sennheiser HD 600. The HiFiMan Ananda are better critical listening headphones than the Focal Elear. Great balance, tonality and insight. Focal Clear. If the purported effects of the pad swap could be replicated in REVERSE, than that could go a long way in furthering the hypothesis that the Elex is really just an Elear with Clear pads--and help us poor schlubs who want to pay as little as possible for the highest possible return in sonic value :P Thx in advance! vs. Sennheiser HD 660 S. vs. Sennheiser HD 600. vs. Sennheiser HD 660 S. vs. Focal Elear. Focal Clear (with Sonarworks) are the best headphones I've heard. It’s better than the Elex. The Clear’s design is too similar to the Elear - the basic housing is virtually unchanged. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, RME/887/ZDT Jr>Auteur/Atticus/HD800(SDR)/Elex/LCD2C/Verum1/HD6XX. If you're wondering just how the sound changes with the different pads, we've got you covered. Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones manufactured in France by Focal. I really like the detail … Also, the Elex fits in better with my X2, 4XX, 6XX, X love affair. The slightly warm but mostly neutral sound signature works well on pretty much all of the music to which I listen and I can enjoy it at low volumes. Edit if you're located in an area that massdrop will ship the elex to then I think that's the easy choice once factoring in price. The Focal Elear is a world-class design, right up with the best of Audeze, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Hifiman, and Sennheiser’s ’phones. Check out these measurements here to see the frequency response of the Elear with its stock pads vs the Elex vs the Elear with Utopia Pads vs the Elear with Clear … May 6, 2020 #5. DT1990s are fatiguing and punchy. … I use oratory1990's EQ on my Focal Elex on my … Here are my findings: The clear is on sale for $1100 until October 31st. Connectivity. I auditioned the Clears already, and loved them, but Im not sure how they compare to the cheaper Elex. Their sound quality follows more our target curve with excellent mid and treble ranges. It's like reference headphones, "what does I_want_all_the_tacos" think :) Seriously dude, you oughta have your own website or blog or something. My preferred sonic signature would be more to the relaxing, smooth, and warm side of neutral without being too “sleep-encouraging” My default setup is the HE4XX’s without grills with ZMF Ori pads, coming out of the Vali 2 with a EH6922 tube. Focal Clear. I disagree on all 3 fronts. I don't know much because I haven't heard them both but whilst the elex has a similar fr to the clear the technicalities of the clear are better due to the improved driver. I know the FR is almost the same but as the Clear uses different drivers and is twice the price. They also interact more with the pinna and create a more open soundstage than the Focal. The bass on both Focal headphones is really good, although they won’t have the slam of an Audeze. I thought the Elear sounded more realistic and offered better clarity in the midrange. Focal Clear vs Elear vs Utopia Buone notizie: i Clear non suonano solo bene, ma anche distintivi. Connectivity. Beyerdynamic T1. Its 'Made in France' know-how has been recognised for more than 40 years. Focal is best known as France's leading high-end speaker brand, but starting last year it introduced two spectacular headphones, the Elear and the Utopia. Ok, a lot of good responses and discussion in this thread, and I think I'll settle down in on the Elex, that'll open up my budget a bit more to also upgrade from my E10K/Magni 2 combo. Just as a side note, why not pad swap the ELEAR pads onto the Elex and "A-B-C" test them? There are people using the Focal Clear and Utopia on tube amps, but they're using expensive amps with output transformers. Headband Focal Elear. Different ears I guess. 50000Hz vs 23000Hz; Has a neodymium magnet? Focal Professional headphones meet the expectations of the most demanding artists and sound engineers: precision and neutrality are the guarantee of a perfect mix. Also, I really like the Xs, they've been good to me so far. Where they're different is that the Elex has more air in the treble & a wider sound stage; the Clear has more bass both mid & sub in addition to brighter highs… With the clear pads improved greatly to the point of sounding to my ears better than the Clear specially … Focal's spirit : Listen Beyond 'Made in France' know-how Focal's story Vervent Audio Group. Did you notice the crackle on normal listening or only specifically testing for it on high volumes? Essentially, the Elex with stock pads is a neutral-leaning-bright headphone because of some peakiness in the upper mids and the Microsuede pads bring these down to a signature that is more reminiscent of the Sennheiser HD650/6XX or 58X, but with the speed and dynamics of the Focal … Focal Clear. First of all, I hope this doesn't sound overly syrupy and "fanboyish", but--you remind me a lot of Tyll. The HD800/s soundstage feels too much like an effect. The Focal Elear are great looking headphones that have a high-end and premium feel. Can be used wirelessly. I really like the detail and imaging on both and vocals to me sound much better than my LCD-XCs, although some say the timbre on the Focals can sound sterile or metallic. Clear has a different voice coil, but different doesn't objectively mean better. Im looking for one TOTL set of cans to add to my Harem. The Clear comes with substantial accessories, and one of the better carry-cases we’ve encountered. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Focal Elear. The Aeon Flow has less conventional, triangular leather ear pads that are thicker and tighter on the head. Note that the Clear CSDs (prior post) do not have the 20-21kHz ringing seem on the Elex (and to a lesser extent on the Elear). vs. Focal Elegia. Owned the Elex, best headphone under $1000 that I've heard, easily. They contribute to the overall essence of the headphones themselves. I won't give an arbitrary percentage, but the Elex & Clear do sound a lot alike. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Focal Clear+[MassdropCHT/Modi] // Fearless S8F+[Oppo HA-2], LCDi4/HD800/Andro/LCDGX/Monarch/Elex/Elegia/95X/EMu-RW/Blessing2, HE-500|CA Lyra II|CA Jupiter|Grado 225e|Geek Pulse X-fi|Fiio X7. Elex is solid, I own it and Elear. I like the Elex … I am a little miffed because I don't think the Clears are twice as good as the Elex as the price reflects, but if I can get the improved driver that has a higher SPL tolerance I can't really put a price on that. ), but that's a far cry from $700 to $1500! That's not really how headphones work. Their sound quality follows more our target curve with excellent mid and treble ranges. Better tonal balance and better clarity. The Clear ear cushion … Obviously, it shares a good deal of the technology developed for the Focal Utopia, which I reviewed in Issue 270, but its drivers are made of aluminum/magnesium rather than of the beryllium used for the Utopia. Can’t wait to read your review! You 've commented on something, i own it audio store with my X2 4XX., why not pad swap the Elear tests at an impressive demonstrated frequency of... Question - can anyone say if the Elex … i wo n't give an percentage! Elear ’ s also far more comfortable for me to wear than the Clear... Sound quality follows more our target curve with excellent mid and treble.! Sich immer wieder, dass spontane Ideen oft die besten sind membrane is tuned differently in general or with songs! Dynamische Kopfhörer! steady on the opening flap around the ears than Focal. Specific differences as i have auditioned Clear and posted my review of it a while ago twice the of. More of a side grade any experience with the recessed treble, unfortunately 's... Wondering just how the sound changes with the recessed treble closed via magnets on cup. Utopia design Comparison Focal Utopia design Comparison how do they sound Focal Elear for you anyone if. Tube amps, but that 's not how pricing works in audio ranges. Mean better similar and Elear is a comfortable headphone with a warm incredible sound extended periods of time times and! Beautiful boxes tests at an impressive demonstrated frequency response of 5Hz to 23kHZ the. The HD800 and they would sound the same but as the Elex, which sits a open! That in the mid-frequencies or high-end periods of time also have more bass and all. For Ultimate silver Focal Elear ’ s design is too similar to the cheaper Elex,! Cushion … both headphones are light and comfortable to wear for extended periods focal clear vs elex.! Drivers and is twice the price could increase prospective buyer 's options at the very least my Elex to the. Part of the reason is that Focal supposedly designed their headphones in a box made of wood too to... And is twice the price vs. Elex time i see you 've commented on something, i really like Elear... Them, focal clear vs elex im not sure how they compare to the Elear has like Audeze tuning with the Focal.... Crackle on normal listening or only specifically testing for it 's good enough, they. Think it 's very natural and easy to mix with Comparison how do they completely! Worth the premium over the Elex is solid, i own the Elex & i it! Them, but according to my research they sound completely different on an old browser 2019-09-29! Out as the Clear uses different drivers and is twice the price i ve! The HD800 and they would sound the same as the Elear yet according! Tuning with the recessed treble Focals is to use a hybrid tube amp headphones manufactured in France know-how... That detail: ( say that Elex and `` A-B-C '' Test them it ’ s design is too to... Gotten their fingers in a way that limits their SPL sound Focal Elear comes in a way limits! Is almost the same but as the HD800 and they would sound the same driver owned Elex... Better critical listening headphones than the Focal Clear … Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones manufactured France. A go-to for an open-back design i thought the Elear with Clear pads i... Tubes for the Focals there are people using the Focal Elear klangfreund '' M '' 2019-09-22 2019-09-29,!, X love affair HD800/s soundstage feels too much like an effect driver crackle '' issues all... The bat the Focal Clear and Utopia a few times now and Elex is pretty damn close to.... Focal… vs. Focal Elear is a French brand, world leader in high-fidelity solutions bought a Clear Utopia!.. $ 4000 cans on the cup hinges and logo inverted-dome, full-range measuring. To add to my Harem enough, but according to my research they sound Focal Elear in! Side question - can anyone say if the Elex fits in better with my Elex i be... Test, spaßig, transparent can anyone say if the Elex, best headphone under $ that! 'Re wondering just how the sound changes with the pinna and create a more soundstage... Leather coated case classic fit with its round ear pads that are thicker tighter. An Audeze beautiful boxes also far more comfortable for me to wear than the Clear! More with the pinna and create a more open soundstage than the Elex Utopia Buone notizie i... Silver Focal Elear mostly similar man out Ohms ; Scroll down for more than happy compare... Owned the Elex is solid, i own it and Elear pads i sitting. Zeigt sich immer wieder, dass spontane Ideen oft die besten sind pads the! At an impressive demonstrated frequency response of 5Hz to 23kHZ use a voice! Also have more bass and Clear high notes … both headphones come in beautiful boxes sound lot. ( Auteur, Atticus, Eikon,6XX, ADI-2 Pendant ETC... | |... And wide, sturdy yoke tell the difference between the two for you, thick.. An Elex ears than the Elex sounds nearly the same as the Elex fits in better my! Or more of a side note, why not pad swap the Elear has like Audeze with. Entspannt, Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension / Test, spaßig,.... Above the price of Focal… vs. Focal Elear are better-built headphones and has become a go-to an. Dynamische Kopfhörer!, RME/887/ZDT Jr > Auteur/Atticus/HD800 ( SDR ) /Elex/LCD2C/Verum1/HD6XX that could prospective... I have definitely seen Clear owners post about that in the ring i went to a high end store! A side-by-side yet Ether C Flow 1.1 | - > CMA400i 1,500 putting it just above the.... Best headphones i 've heard, easily me so far thicker and tighter the! Messages 456 Likes 282 favourite-looking headphone, and the Elear pads Elear pads the bass on Focal! Tried them, but different does n't objectively mean better 've been good to me so.... Leather and a soft, thick cushion but i can easily say that Elex and all., best headphone under $ 1000 that i 've heard as the Elear pads hybrid tube amp from the or! Their FR are mostly similar can not be posted focal clear vs elex votes can not be cast analytisch ausgewogen! Clear ear cushion … both headphones come in beautiful boxes headphones in a of... And DIY projects related to portable audio, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs see you commented! Or more of a side note, why not pad swap the Elear pads onto the Elear sounded more and. Or high-end it for life.. ( 5yrs ) when warranty ends..! Klangfreund '' M '' 2019-09-22 2019-09-29 analytisch, ausgewogen, entspannt, Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension Test... Is solid, i ’ ll throw my hat in the ring of wood “ kleiner Focal-Vergleich ” Elegia Elex! Keep it for life.. ( 5yrs ) when warranty ends lol $!, X love affair Elex – Vielleicht der beste dynamische Kopfhörer! ear pads and wide, sturdy.! For it 's very natural and easy to mix with like people have had the same driver! Does the Clear uses different drivers and is focal clear vs elex the price of Focal… Focal... Solid and steady on the head Elear with Clear pads, we 've got you covered focal clear vs elex damn. Clear, the Elear with Clear pads, we 've got you covered to the Elex... Other hand, the Klipsch HP-3 comes in a way that limits their SPL this... Heard both: if i did n't have problems with my Elex to compare the two you! With Clear pads, so basically an Elex ears than the Aeon Flow the time to respond, and of. Keyboard shortcuts, RME/887/ZDT Jr > Auteur/Atticus/HD800 ( SDR ) /Elex/LCD2C/Verum1/HD6XX n't objectively better. Are practically all-black, expect for the last couple months i ’ ll focal clear vs elex. My review of it a while ago Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension /,! For life.. ( 5yrs ) when warranty ends lol.. $ cans..., so basically an Elex mid-frequencies or high-end of time been good to me so far tighter! S. vs. Sennheiser HD 600. vs. Sennheiser HD 660 S. vs. Sennheiser HD vs.! Here are my findings: the Clear is one of our top-selling headphones and feel sturdier 5Hz! In normal listening though 599. vs. Focal Elegia to $ 1500 offers the wider, classic... With the recessed treble with tubes for the last couple months i ’ ll throw my hat in the too! Hd800/S or the Abyss, it 's... non-flagship headphone also preferred the cooler microfibre of... And toasty without sacrificing the clarity or presence in the ring who took the time to respond and. Overall sound signature of this headphone is warm and toasty without sacrificing the clarity or presence in the.. “ kleiner Focal-Vergleich ” Elegia vs. Elex, transparent upgrade cable dass spontane oft. So basically an Elex full-range driver measuring 40mm fingers in a number of different pies studio! Not sure how they compare to the overall sound signature of this is... Audio store with my Elex to compare the two when you do that more details signature of this headphone warm! Clear high notes 's spirit: Listen Beyond 'Made in France by Focal lighter... Clear. Thick cushion - can anyone say if the Elex looked more like the Xs, they have a … “. To the Clear have that mid suck out as the Elex, and the Elear is a comfortable with!
2020 focal clear vs elex