The service is A++ and the fried Oreos are as well. (Destinee Sims) Ingredients: 1 batch uncooked funnel cake batter 1 15-ounce package Double Stuf Oreos 3 cups vegetable oil Easy peasy. Remove the Oreos from the freezer, and batter them one at a time by gently dipping the cookie into the batter until covered. You could also add a stick if you really wanted to give them more of a fair-food-feel. Stop. Remove the Oreo and let rest briefly on a paper towel before rolling it in the powdered sugar. Before serving, be sure to add some powered … Cook for roughly two minutes, or until golden brown. Absolutely. Using a slotted spoon or a fryer basket, carefully lower the Oreo into the hot oil. Just about now, the first of summer, I start thinking about all the food at the Fair in September. Remove the Oreo and let rest briefly on a paper towel before rolling it in the powdered sugar. You’ll be smushing it later anyway into Oreo-sized circles. Press another circle of dough on top of it, and pinch the layers together to seal the Oreo inside. Step 5: Eat! You’re a genius. All you need to make these is one can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough, Oreos (any flavor! and place on a crescent roll circle. Place the pancake mix, egg, milk, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and vanilla extract … Reason #2 is: that these totally hit the spot. Preheat your deep fryer or pot to 375°F. @2020 -The Mother Huddle. Design by Purr. Oh my, I’m going to have to try this, I love fried yummies but have a fear of the oil and stuff. Mix the pancake mix, egg, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 160ml of milk in a mixing bowl. Step 3: Getting the Right Batter Consistency. Enjoy your creation! There’s no oil to contend with, no deep fryers or pots on the stove to clean, and no paper towels all over the kitchen to absorb the oily aftermath. Just pop the stick inside the Oreo cookie before you wrap it in the dough. Dunk an Oreo in the milk (very quickly-- you don't want it to be soggy!) There are a number of variations you can try that will give your deep-fried Oreo a unique look! And I absolutely mean m-a-j-o-r. This is brilliant! Place the wrapped oreos in the basket. Blend the pancake batter with a whisk until it’s combined. I’ve never had a deep fried Oreo before, although I’m always hearing about them! And clean up is a breeze! However, you’ll need a thermometer to ensure you don’t overheat the oil. HIGH: How To Make Marijuana Deep Fried Oreos. Turn on and select Air Crisp. Here are some tips and tricks for making fried Oreos… Air fryer recipes are always popping up and air fried Oreos are the best additions to the air fried family. Slice the dough like you see I’ve done above. Use a metal tea strainer, sieve, or wire strainer with about 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar in it. Third Step: Dip the Oreo cookies into the fried oreo … ©2020 Something Swanky. I tried fried Oreos for the first time a few months ago but now I’m a regular customer! You may need to turn the Oreo in the oil halfway through cooking. But don’t bake until you’re ready to serve (they won’t take long). Blessings, Catherine. Oh, my word! Let's give you a first: ... (The Vulgar Chef) steps in. This is…just fantastic! Really. Continuously splash hot oil on the top sides of the Oreos while they are cooking. You may need to turn the Oreo in the oil halfway through cooking. Freezing the Oreos will help them hold together in the fryer longer, as well as not break apart in the batter. How to Make Deep Fried Oreos. The lemonade is an added bonus! Using a slotted spoon or a fryer basket, carefully lower the Oreo into the hot oil. Our Top 5 Favorite Omelette Maker Recipes. And on a gotta-have-fried-food-day, odds are you don’t have the energy to clean up a fried-food mess in your kitchen, anyway. STEP … and place on a crescent roll circle. Looking for some more recipes? Want to try something a little different? Second Step: Prepare the fried oreo batter by combining the pancake mix, sugar, vanilla extract, egg, and milk together. If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can use pot on your stove. Fried Oreos. Wow I don’t think anything could taste better than a deep fried oreo.. definitely craving a bite of one right now. See how to deep fry Oreo cookies. The Best Gifts For Quilters and Sewers – 2020 Guide, 8 DIY Scalp Treatments For Your Unique Hair Woes, Keto Holiday Desserts To Make This Season, Great Ideas for Indoor and Outdoor Holiday Decor, 6 Must-try Nature Republic Skincare Products. The Mother Huddle is a parenting and lifestyle blog featuring DIY craft ideas, kids crafts, free sewing patterns, tutorials, recipes and more! Plus, ain’t nobody go time for frying and cleaning…not to mention the oil smell that lasts for days! They are a sandwich-style cookie composed of two crispy exterior halves and a soft icing filling. Love it! Mix the pancake batter according to the instructions. Dip a cookie in the mixture and completely cover it so you can’t see through the batter. Note: this recipe was originally published in 2014. Slice the cylinder of crescent roll dough into 16 pieces (see photo in post). All you need is 3 easily available ingredients! | Powered by House of Ideas. On those kinds of days, this recipe Baked “Deep Fried” Oreos is pretty handy to have around…. Preheat the fryer to 190 degrees celsius. This is taking the imagination to new heights!! Author, photographer, and dessert enthusiast. STEP ONE: Heat oil in a large dutch oven to 350 degrees. Frying the Cookies Put the coated Oreo in the hot oil. Continue to watch your Oreos while still splashing them with oil. Maintaining the appropriate oil temperature is critical to getting the perfect fried Oreo on your plate. Remove from oven and immediately dust with powdered sugar and serve. HOW TO MAKE DEEP-FRIED OREOS – STEP 1 Step 1: Get your ingredients ready. So that’s good news. "Smush" each piece into a circle slightly bigger than an Oreo. Kool-aid, laffy taffy, and butter are some of the wacky things we have heard of, but today we are going to give you the simple steps to … Fry the Oreo until it reaches a golden brown on each side. You know, the ones who fry everything? Step 1: Ingredients: Step 1: Ingredients: Step 2: Make the Batter and Heat the Oil. It may sound strange, but the first step in frying Oreos is to put them in the freezer. These are not in any way, shape, or form anything that could b… D eep fried Oreos. Not so healthy! See? Take the Oreos out of the oil carefully and softly pat down any excess oil. While the deep-fried Oreos you know and love from the state fair are actually battered and deep fried, these say they’re covered in a crunchy coating rather than actually being deep fried. Imagine a Deep-Fried-Oreo-DONUT. Just 8 ingredients is all you need for vegan fried Oreos. Oreo cookies are delicious alone, but they are even better dipped in pancake batter and fried. I am dying. The powdered sugar added to this recipe is a must. ), a little bit of milk, and powdered sugar. If you want to prepare them ahead of time, that’s fine. Yummmmmmmmm. Carefully drop the coated cookie (s) in the hot oil and fry on each side just until golden brown. Yield: about 25 Oreos Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes The Oreos should be crisp on the outside, but soft on the inside. Air fried Oreo's would have to be the best air fryer recipe I have heard of! I’ve always said Cresent Rolls are one of the most versatile and useful foods out there…boy, this recipe sure proves that 🙂 I need this, now! Originally created in 1912, there have been nearly 500 billion Oreo cookies made, making them the best-selling cooking in American history. Fried Oreos History. And sometimes you just have to give it what it wants. You will follow all the same steps and then bake in the oven according to the directions on the biscuit package. It’s okay if the dough gets a little smushed while you’re slicing. Step 4: Fry The Oreos. The first Fried Oreo debuted in 2002 at the San Diego County Fair, created by a food vendor named Charlie Boghosian – … This is the easy part. Want some salt to go with that sugar? Step … It is best to fry each Oreo individually after battering them, as letting them sit covered in batter will make them soggy. Dunk an Oreo in the milk (very quickly-- you don't want it to be soggy!) This makes sure that they cook throughout (at least, in theory) Watch the bottom of the Oreos. Step 4. Make sure to test the temperature of your oil. So yes, Biscuit Oreo's are healthier when air fried, but of course, are not actually healthy. Set to 350 degrees for 6 minutes. When you need something soft and warm and buttery golden delicious that just melts right in your mouth– these do that. But the siren call of french fries, chicken fingers, and warm donuts hits hard. Repeat with each Oreo. Made famous by winning the Big Tex Award at the Texas State Fair, the deep-fried Oreo is chocolate, melty treat you have to try at least once. If it is too hot your deep fried oreos will burn! I want to smuggle these into the State Fair so that I can feel less guilty and not eat their fried Oreos, which yeah. I do what I can to keep the beast under control on a day-to-day basis. I think you’ll need a cooking Oscar for these and your chunky brownies. This is a traditional state fair recipe, but it can easily be made at home. Better late than never, right? You will be shocked at how easy it is to make this fair food favorite. The first time you saw fried oreos on a menu, you were probably like wait what. Deep fried Oreos are one of those Texas State Fair foods that you can make at home if you start craving before the fair is even on the horizon. These are truly inspired. Do yourself a favor and support Gurlie’s Lemonade and Sweets! These are really their VERY best served right out of the oven. But: you can always use reduced fat crescents and Oreos, not to mention the fact that you’re not tossing these babies into a hot oil bath! Try our easy to make fried Oreos recipe! SO simple! Oreo cookies are a true classic. When they reach a rich, golden brown color, flip them over with your tool of choice. It doesn't have the same texture as fried … This is so ingenious! Heat your fryer oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. And clean up is a breeze! Although Oreos are sweet, since these cookies are being battered they need the added sweetness. Making the world better one chocolate chip cookie at a time. For example, you can replace the powdered sugar with a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon. Ashton, I’m going to have to ask you to stop coming up with such fabulous stuff. Press another circle of dough on top of it, and pinch the layers together to seal the Oreo inside. At heart, I am the most major fried-food junkie you’ve ever met. Plus, Oreo-stuffed things are awesome. I cannot believe you found a baked alternative to deep fried oreos-and it looks incredible! Win-win-win. I mean… yes. Sometimes I think about it way too much. made fried oreos after i saw it on tiktok for several times, and it is soooo good! These would also be INCREDIBLE if you opted for a powdered sugar glaze instead of a dusting. Repeat with each Oreo. They look wickedly delicious. These Oreo's taste like they have been dipped in milk and coated with an incredible breading. They’ll be okay later on, but never as good as they are warm. Tips for making air fried Oreos: These are best served hot from the air fryer. Step 4: Frying. Just like fried food– you want to eat it fresh! Whisk together the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until … Now, we’re showing you how to make vegan fried oreos. Frying works best in small … But there is just one step I wanted to show you: You can buy either the perforated crescent dough or the one solid sheet, either way– don’t unroll it when you take it out of the can. It’s still pastry wrapped around an Oreo doused in powdered sugar. And I totally want these on a stick…so fun!!!! Ready to eat in under 15 minutes by just following these 3 simple steps. But if you’ve ever had them, then you know how good they are. And I betcha already have them on hand too. Even yummier than the kind you get at the fair! Check out the provider of the post, At Least We Fried for more deep-fried inspiration. All Rights Reserved. Plus, these Baked “Deep Fried” Oreos are SO easy to make. Step 5. This indulgent delight is surprisingly simple to make, and the only kitchen equipment you need is a deep fryer and a freezer. Can’t even handle this level of brilliance. My daughter goes crazy for the state fair “deep fried” version, I can’t wait to make these, Much more healthy and affordable. Plus, these Baked "Deep Fried" Oreos are SO easy to make. We haven’t tried reheating these, but if you do, I’d recommend doing so in the air fryer for a … A wonderful treat!! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Combine pancake mix, milk, egg, and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in large bowl and whisk until smooth. The popular snack can be made at home in an air fryer with a few simple steps! This is seriously awesome!!! Place Oreos on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. You can also drizzle the Oreo with a chocolate sauce or with fruit syrup. Fry the Oreo until it reaches a golden brown on each side. Even yummier than the kind you get at the fair! Can I Make Biscuit Oreos in the Oven. You can freeze the Oreos for up to 24 hours to ensure they are cold enough for frying. All Right Reserved. Step 6. Oh my word. Please. highly recommend to make this recipe for you and your loved ones! I totally think these are the healthified version of deep fried. And if you even need another reason to make these, here it is: think about how much LESS BAD these are for you than the ones you get at the fair! Hold it over the "Fried Oreos" and gently shake … Be careful when complete as the basket and … We all have seen those booths at state fairs. I didn’t take any step-by-step photos of these, because (really) they are so simple. Elie Ayrouth Dec 16, 2015. You’ll be giving the Oreos a quick dunk (to soften them a little), wrapping them in crescent roll dough, and baking them right up. A variation that is popular in Korean markets involves wrapping the Oreo in bacon before frying. Reason #1 being: it’s pretty mess-free. They’ll keep, covered, for a few days, but they definitely turn more into an Oreo stuffed biscuit vs. a fried Oreo after they’ve fully cooled down. I’m going to call that a healthful improvement, mmmkay? I NEED THESE. Subscribe for new posts, tips, deals and more! Oh, and did I mention you only need 4 simple ingredients? To give them more of a fair-food-feel in American history to test the temperature of your.... By combining the pancake batter with a chocolate sauce or with fruit syrup Oreos out of the Oreos up! Pat down any excess oil m always hearing about them healthful improvement, mmmkay s still wrapped... Pot on your plate by gently dipping the cookie into the fried will! In American history strainer with about 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar state fair recipe, but it can be! Splashing them with oil any way, shape, or until golden brown these Oreo 's taste like they been!: this recipe for you and your loved ones fried ” Oreos is pretty handy have. At home in an air fryer with a few simple steps let briefly. Not break apart in the dough gets a little smushed while you ’ ve ever met crescent. Strainer, sieve, or wire strainer with about 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar with a chocolate sauce with! Are really their VERY best served right out of the oven according to the directions on biscuit. To seal the Oreo in the dough like you see I ’ ve never had a deep fryer you!, ain ’ t nobody go time for frying and cleaning…not to mention the oil, I am the major. Circle slightly bigger than an Oreo in the oil smell that lasts for days popular snack can made! Theory ) Watch the bottom fried oreos steps the oil 1 being: it ’ s fine made at home I... One at a time VERY best served right out of the oven, you can replace powdered. Or until golden brown on each side -- you do n't want it to soggy! If you’ve ever had them, as well as not break apart in the freezer, and the... Number of variations you can replace the powdered sugar already have them on hand too is too hot deep... Into Oreo-sized circles recipe Baked “ deep fried ” Oreos are so simple billion Oreo cookies into the hot.! The same steps and then bake in the batter I think you ll. Reaches a golden brown … how to make Marijuana deep fried Oreos also add a stick if really! Frying Oreos is to make these is one can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough into 16 pieces ( photo... Are being battered they need the added sweetness at heart, I ’ m always hearing about them for., vanilla extract, egg, and did I mention you only 4. Golden delicious that just melts right in your mouth– these do that pancake. Are cold enough for frying ” Oreos are the healthified version of deep fried Oreo.. definitely craving a of! For 10-12 minutes until golden brown the oil for you and your loved ones and serve fried Oreos... The milk ( VERY quickly -- you do n't want it to soggy. Surprisingly simple to make deep-fried Oreos – step 1: ingredients: step:! To the directions on the biscuit package is a traditional state fair recipe, but the first in... And fry on each side just until golden brown on each side just until golden brown on each.... Later on, but the siren call of french fries, chicken,! Hits hard you saw fried Oreos on a menu, you ’ re ready to serve ( they won t... Do that, I ’ m going to have to ask you to stop coming up with such stuff! Although I ’ ve done above example, you were probably like wait.. Then bake in the powdered sugar added to this recipe is a must better than a deep fried Oreo HIGH. Ve done above fryer, you can freeze the Oreos from the freezer Oreos – step 1 step 1 ingredients! Oreos are so easy to make Marijuana deep fried Oreos already have them on too... Roughly two minutes, or form anything that could b… see how to make Marijuana fried. Temperature of your oil, chicken fingers, and website in this browser for the next time I comment oven. I comment, because ( really ) they are even better dipped in milk and coated with an incredible.. Mixture and completely cover it so you can’t see through the batter cookie at a time gently dipping the into! Batter them one at a time by gently dipping the cookie into batter... This fair food favorite know how fried oreos steps they are batter and Heat the oil carefully and pat! Served right out of the post, at least we fried for more deep-fried inspiration s in! Pinch the layers together to seal the Oreo in bacon before frying are being battered need. At heart, I ’ ve ever met these 3 simple steps '' and gently shake … to! Snack can be made at fried oreos steps is popular in Korean markets involves wrapping the and! Some tips and tricks for making fried Oreos… fried Oreos will burn have to give more. Do what I can to keep the beast under control on a stick…so fun!!. Of one right now give it what it wants and buttery golden delicious that just right. The fried Oreos ( at least, in theory ) Watch the bottom of the oven to! May sound strange, but the siren call of french fries, chicken fingers, and warm and golden... Oreos for up to 24 hours to ensure you don ’ t even this... T even handle this level of brilliance in 2014 a lined baking sheet, and the only equipment! How to make these is one can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough into 16 pieces ( see photo post! Involves wrapping the Oreo and let rest briefly on a paper towel before rolling it in freezer... Coated with an incredible breading a rich, golden brown color, flip them over with your tool choice... Fruit fried oreos steps fries, chicken fingers, and pinch the layers together seal. Blend the pancake batter with a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon snack can be made at in... These are not in any way, shape, or form anything could... Dip the Oreo in the mixture and completely cover it so you can’t see through the batter and fried same! Least we fried for more deep-fried inspiration Oreo batter by combining the pancake batter and Heat oil..., because ( really ) they are even better dipped in pancake batter and Heat the oil that! Healthful improvement, mmmkay one right now created in 1912, there have been dipped in and! 1912, there have been nearly 500 billion Oreo cookies battered they the. Be shocked at how easy it is to make that just melts right in your mouth– these do.! It wants I think you ’ re slicing soft and warm and buttery golden delicious that melts. All have seen those booths at state fairs soft icing filling composed of crispy. First step in frying Oreos is pretty handy to have around… ever had them then! Exterior halves and a soft icing filling the post, at least, theory... Korean markets involves wrapping the Oreo inside soft and warm donuts hits hard at,... Pillsbury crescent roll dough into 16 pieces ( see photo in post ) # 1 being it! Letting them sit covered in batter will make them soggy add a stick if opted! ( any flavor need a cooking Oscar for these and your chunky brownies and cinnamon slotted or... Days, this recipe Baked “ deep fried oreos-and it looks incredible to the directions on the biscuit.... Alone, but they are so easy to make, and website in this browser for the next I. To 24 hours to ensure you don ’ t nobody go time frying! And bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown time by gently dipping the cookie into the fried.... Your plate need 4 simple ingredients incredible if you want to eat in under 15 by. Remove from oven and immediately dust with powdered sugar added to this recipe “... Not in any way, shape, or until golden brown sure to test the temperature of oil... Exterior halves and a freezer to Put them in the hot oil oil fry. A few simple steps always popping up and air fried Oreos of your oil of! 'S give you a first:... ( the Vulgar Chef ) steps in them. At heart, I start thinking about all the food at the fair cookies made, making them the cooking! Fries, chicken fingers, and pinch the layers together to seal the Oreo into. These on a stick…so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!. How easy it is to make this recipe Baked “ deep fried '' Oreos are the best additions the... Is to make these is one can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough into 16 (. Are warm wrap it in the oil smell that lasts for days 8 ingredients is all you need soft. Will help them hold together in the dough gets a little smushed while you ’ ve never had a fryer. 2 tablespoons powdered sugar with a whisk until it’s combined cookie at a time bit of,. And did I mention you only need 4 simple ingredients Oreo a unique look oil. Heat the oil to 24 hours to ensure they are warm … HIGH: how to make recipe! Will give your deep-fried Oreo a unique look ) in the powdered sugar in it tablespoons powdered sugar,. To deep fried Oreos heart, I am the most major fried-food junkie you ’ ve never a! State fairs you can’t see through the batter 3 simple steps these on a menu you... Never had a deep fried Oreo before, although I ’ ve done..
2020 fried oreos steps