Think it says more about our desperate lack of wingers than anything else. Do you really mean ‘strongest ever’? Totally agree about coaching. However as that’s no fun the bbc had him fit in between Maitland and McGuigan so someone with an M. mmmm Mallinder??? I think for the match 23 it largely still picks itself but will be great for the new boys to get some experience and act as injury cover. Gone for Crosbie who’s aggressive and powerful which will be needed to counter whoever is on thebench for Ireland (likely Deegan or Doris). Toony is not really a people person , is he ! Find the perfect scotland rugby national team stock photo. Win the Grand Slam or win three games ? This is going to be a hugely challenging season with our summer and autumn fixtures so we need to start with a good return in the 6N. and suddenly Hogg gets a little bit of extra time to work. Has the aggression and sheer will in addition to ability needed to play well at test level. Not going to lie I was more than a bit worried about the squad announcement, but I’m pretty excited about the team combinations that can made there and Hoggy as captain. “There was a strong feeling that we were growing as a team during the Six Nations earlier this year, making progress from game-to-game as well as building closer bonds within the squad. Main problem during the world cup was the neuturing of our strengths in favour of perecived solidity and experience. I haven’t seen Hutchinson play). I felt for him during the world cup where to me he seemed distracted and lacked confidence. Should Townsend fail this year, how many other last chances will he be given? From what I’ve seen he’s been in incredible form for Northampton. Racing 92 fly-half Finn Russell also joins the squad, with an opportunity to earn his 50th Scotland cap during the campaign. Johnson/Jones: Club familiarity of combinations. but room for Tom Gordon? England : Gauzere More from the press-conference third hand: James Lang, Richie Gray, Blade also missing out through injury. I wonder if he has learned from taking players from hospital beds in the hope they would play better than fit ones playing below form. Sutherland/Dell (Bhatti needs development but got the raw material) Carmichael Hoggy as captain is an interesting call, too. So the coaching is critical, and this 6N will be a huge challenge for Toonie and his supporters, a bigger challenge than he faced in the 18 and 19 6Ns when he was still coming to terms with coaching at international level. https://www.theoffsideline.com/will-the-gregor-townsend-tombola-throw-up-any-surprise-winners-this-six-nations/, Podcast – Episode 138: Tainted By Association, Edinburgh v Glasgow – An Alternative View, Barclay & Paterson: Former captains discuss state of the nation, Heineken Champions Cup Preview: Sale Sharks v Edinburgh, Podcast: Christmas Special “Hams In The Ruck”. All in all pretty promising stuff, though the hope could all come crashing down after 5 minutes of the Ireland game! If we can get our defence sorted and keep our attacking patterns then we might be able to do something positive. Good God…. Johnson, Scott or Hutchinson? Those that have missed out (Faegerson, R Gray etc) seem to have missed out due to injury rather than any bias as suggested by some posters. Scotland Rugby team scheduled to face South Africa in 2020. I have pretty serious reservations about Hogg as captain. Hutchinson is a different level in attack. Haining will be an interesting one. I’m not sure Hogg was predictable but the lack of threat at 12/13 was I think playing into the hands of defences allowing them to drift and close down space in the wider channels. The only other one I’m not that happy with is Pyrgos – would have much rather get someone young/new in than picking someone who is really just another Pete Horne (solid but not outstanding and never going to push us up to top level). You really should be considering him. I’d really want to see Scott and Hutchinson at 12/13 as I think they deserve it most but there’s a big lack of continuity and we need to have cohesion and make things as easy for Finn as possible. Andy Farrell has selected his squad to battle Scotland at Aviva Stadium in the Autumn Nations Cup on Saturday. Can Edinburgh even name a pack with 13 out? So we need an outside centre and right wing combo who can capitalise on that- Jones and Kinghorn for me. After such a poor year in 2019 anything will look better. He’s a class coach. “Given the lack of games since March, there will be opportunities for players out-with the squad to break into our group over the next few weeks, but for now the focus is on this group that will be in camp from tomorrow. I think Harris may have the bench spot locked down. Six Nations 2020: Scotland team to face Wales What have we said about the teams? He’s not flash but has improved each game he’s played at International level, to the stage some people on here actually liked him for a while! The Super 6, sold as a means to bridge the gap between top level club rugby and the professional arm of the sport, will take some years to bed in. I do not think it matters how many years contract we give Toony, it is not material. His last cap came in the Cardiff drubbing of 2018. I think its a good selection. Hoyland is a very brave headless chicken, a few players in to train with the squad and being looked at for the future/emergency. But need a bit more solidity against Ireland so Scott gets in. He also became a touch predictable, and maybe now we can see more variety bringing people, like Tagive or Steyn into the mix. That is all as it should be, but it does leave question marks about the level of experience in the squad. At the minute every side bar Italy is a better side, IMO. Tagive qualifies on residency and has impressed now he’s finally fit and playing for Glasgow. My concern with Hutchison is how much mentally the 2 games that Northampton played against Leinster will affect him if he is in the mix for the Ireland game. I hope the SRU have feelers our for a new coach as Toonie may not survive. It will be interesting if we play more pragmatic rugby, playing rugby further up the pitch and only forcing the play when the opportunities present themselves. Squad looks good overall. I will never get behind him but do accept the argument is not all one sided , thank you for your comments. While it could potentially bolster the professional side of the game, it is likely to undermine amateur club rugby which at present is supposed to run the SRU for the benefit of the whole sport. Scotland Autumn Nations Cup Squad 2020 After a disappointing World Cup, Scotland showed signs of progress in the Six Nations, beating France and Italy as well as … On left wing Graham picks himself, always makes something happen. I would agree , Hogg is no captain but the alternatives are few. Scott/Harris: the solid (stodgy?) Ireland : Raynal But he’s still quick. Baggott/Dean (when fit)/Taylor Glasgow Forwards; Brown, Z Fag, Gray, Cummings, Gordon,Turner. Last updated on 12 October 2020 12 October 2020. He turned his back on England. Thomson van der Merwe Might want to see a doctor about that, Fraser…! – Hutchinson’s got to start imo. Glad PHorne and Wilson no longer selected. Otherwise….!! Appreciate could be Bagatelle or Steamroller either way but some real class in most positions. Good squad. I hope this squad is about Toonie building for 2023 and learning the value of picking on form. Ratu Tagive? Farndale/Sau Don’t think too many people can complain about it. Anyway If he’s rewarding form then fair enough. Interesting, it seems the Tombola has returned. 3 or 4 people, presumably, would need to be crocked before Tagive actually makes the 23. Wales : Gardner. Haining’s journey from the Western Force Academy, via Jersey Reds and Bristol, is an interesting one – he marked Sean Maitland on the wing during the Lions tour of 2013, having toyed with a switch to the centre. Whether that’s coaching, I don’t know. so you never know, we might turn them over against expectations. Toony worked the side weary before the RWC what would be the benefit for Bennett in that situation. There’s no doubting his talent or commitment but is he composed enough to captain? Price probably bought himself the 9 shirt. Scottish Rugby is the governing body for rugby union in Scotland. Any news on Grigg and his injury? Stuart Hogg will captain the 2020 Scotland Six Nations squad, leading the team into a hugely challenging year of fixtures that will make or break Gregor Townsend’s career as coach. He’s also scored more tries that those two this season and has a bit of ‘x-factor’ about him. I actually prefer the look of this squad – lots of energy and snarl and strong form. Want to see him and Jones start together (v Italy?). Hutchinson is the bolter. To be fair, FF, that squad was populated with players who weren’t on form and/or didn’t have significant recent game-time under their belts. Hope Grant Stewart continues his development too. Would explain his lack of tries over the last 18 months or so. Sounds like Flockhart may be seen as a future 8…but again needs to fill out for that role. I’m excited about Alex Craig. Attack wise the backline needs to be built around the most undefendable skillset of Russell: being the left to right miss-pass & the kickpass off the right foot. I see Hogg as a decoy and support runner/controller…. Dalziel joins Scotland set-up as forwards coach. Pretty much all been covered here already but this seems to be the best squad available at the moment. Who might this spot have been penciled in for? There’s plenty of options with this group. Kunavula, Groom/Shiel You lot have all resigned yourself to 2 more years of Townsend.I wish we woukd just man up and do it. Overall it does feel like quite a raw squad, but there is a freshness to it and some selections, like the excellent Rory Hutchinson or Tom Gordon point to the future under Townsend – or anyone else. It’s a squad I am not comfortable with, perhaps it’s the lack of old names, but then again the old names didn’t do much for us last year! Well, not quite unfettered, or he wouldn’t be complaining about Sarries’ schedule. Could well fill the gap at 8…he sounds very keen to prove his metal at Int level. I want to see Hutchison given the chance. All original content is ©2007–2021 Scottish Rugby Blog and the respective post author: strictly no reproduction of material without permission. Playing Jones and Johnson together v Ireland will be like world cup deja vu. Scottish National Rugby team jerseys from the outlet store. Let’s face it, given all the disadvantages we face, 3 wins would again be an excellent return. Mackenzie Other criteria include the relative strength of each team, the margin of victory, and an allowance for home advantage. Hogg is worth a try , it might just work out, everyone else has already had a shot, and no one stands out , even Hogg, but for whatever reason (it is not that relevant) , he never got another chance till now, what has changed would be my challenge! Hogg is not Irvine or Hastings, they were leaders in every side they played for. If we can play as we did 18 months ago and play with less fear, more aggression and a semblance of defense then I think we could surprise people. They’re all quality and in form. Success or failure, it’s not all down to one man. His barnstorming carries from Number 8 are why Scotland need him though. I would much prefer a tight knit squad who get to know each other and the new coaches intimately over a large squad making up numbers. There are whispers that he is injured, but Scotland don’t produce many specimens like him. No need to register, buy now! Gray/Gilchrist In view of our LH issues his selection makes perfect sense. Feel sorry for Weir. How’s his current form? Harris on the bench probably gives the most options. A fair squad and it’s the first time we have just about all not just fit but match fit. We need to select a side that will front up and get stuck in. See the OffsideLine article linked somewhere above, Toony comments on the status of most of the missing big names and the new faces. With Glasgow’s player management protocols hopefully he should be less injury-prone, too. We will see if Matt Scott can finally repeat his club form on the international stage. It’s an interesting selection. It wouldn’t quite be my preferred team; I’d pick Scott at 12 (though I’m not sure who I’d put outside him), Horne would be my starting scrum-half, and I’d go with Sutherland over Bhatti, and Haining over du Preez. Have only seen Harris picked at 13 this year. Faletau), a solid number of very good players (e.g. Best for defence maybe Haha. Preview and stats followed by live commentary, video highlights and match report. As long as the ref understands that. He does, from a distance, seem to struggle with player relationships…and accepting when his methods and selections failed. Brown/McInally Will see how Hogg goes as captain but I have a few reservations. The official 2020-2021 Scottish Rugby Travel, Training and Leisure Collection from Macron was released in-store and online on Friday 21st of August 2020. Well Richie Gray didnt and that is why he will never dawn the navy while Toony is the boss. Well has GT realised that for Russell, Hogg, Jones to strut their stuff they need space & has picked exactly the type (DuPreez, Crosbie, Haining) who have the capability of knocking the opposition defence onto the back foot?? SRU needs to focus on our props, seem to be fizzling out. — Scottish Rugby (@Scotlandteam) November 11, 2020 In the back-line Head Coach Gregor Townsend makes three changes from the recent win in Wales with Worcester Warriors stand-off Duncan Weir winning his 29th cap for Scotland and joined in the half-backs by fellow Warrior, Glasgow’s Ali Price. Schoeman Stafford McDowell fits, both in position and alphabetically placed name. Classic Walter Mitty. Toolis might not be everything we’re looking for but he’s very good at certain things (rather than Gilchrist who’s ok at most) and Toolis/Gray was our partnership in autumn ’17. However, its Toonies game plan which I hope has changed massively is what I am looking forward to. 2020 Six Nations: round four fixtures, results, table. Whether that is due to him being closely marked allowing others to flourish or other reasons I’m unsure. Bennett is better than Harris and always will be, but Toonie can never admit he is wrong. There’s also a case for arguing that Duncan Weir deserves another chance (as back-up to Finn) on the basis of his form for Worcester over the last 18 months or so. We can put out a good 23 but a few unfortunately injuries and we start playing guys who’d never get a look in with our rivals. I want him to focus on getting back to his best form (I read on here previously an opinion that he may have lost a yard of pace – which is something I had been worrying about for the last year or so – it would be devastating to his capabilities if so – anyone else got opinions on that? I personally think Maitland would have been an excellent captain (if his place in the team is guaranteed), as both a respected senior player and leader. The team takes part in the annual Six Nations Championship and participates in the Rugby World Cup, which takes place every four years. And for the love of god we need the defence to tighten up. Stuart Hogg will captain the 2020 Scotland Six Nations squad, leading the team into a hugely challenging year of fixtures that will make or break Gregor Townsend’s career as coach. Bennett unlucky but all the other centres deserve their places (including Harris apparently on club form but I’m still not convinced…). Other than that quite please with the squad, some players stinking it up because of lack of options – cough Pyrgos – but he’s picked on form. option. I’ve not been that impressed with Johnson at test level and our midfield in the RWC was very stodgy. I think a number of us having endured a very disappointing 2019 were awaiting the squad announcement with a little trepidation, but fair play to Toonie its one of his best overall selections since his time in charge. Scottish Rugby today announced two key appointments to the Scotland coaching team ahead of the 2020 Guinness Six Nations. Shame that Fagerson’s out injured, but it’s positive that his exclusion isn’t down to soiling Toonie’s rug or something. Not too bad, I feel better about this squad than I would have thought last night. The punch line will do. Barclay Hopefully he has learned the lessons for the RWC and has taken council from his new recruits. Sarries players picked on that Sunday won’t make enough of the Scotland training sessions to be selected, seems to be the jist of it. He really needs to have taken a few steps back after last years failures..listen to good advice from people that matter and make the changes needed. Ceciarelli has also been called up by Italy.13 from Glasgow – including their first and second choice hookers, scrum-halves and centres (at least while Huw Jones is in favour).1 from the Top14 in France.8 from the Gallagher Premiership, including 2 from Gloucester. As for Players taking responsibility, which players? Townsend just confirmed M Fagerson has a fractured rib which will keep him out for a few weeks. I think there’s great options with our forwards, starting against Ireland, caveat injuries and coaching, but bulk and desire are there: My 1st 8 with their replacements, based on what I’ve seen season so far. Probably the closest to a Horne/Jones type combo in terms of a baller at 12. Fagerson Im not sold on at test level…and definitely not at 8. Playing very well with a recent mom award. Hoyland? McCallum The squad features three uncapped players in Glasgow Warriors prop Oli Kebble, Edinburgh winger Duhan van der Merwe and Harlequins scrum-half, Scott Steele. Looking at it from the point of view of likely 23 and then the wider squad there isn’t much to quibble about for a change. Think we’ll still miss JG (and Nakarawa), but this signing does give me confidence. Glasgow on the other hand will look to power through the 6N. If not then it’s going to be a loooooooong championship. We simply can’t play into their hands. For backrow cover (assuming Ritchie, Watson and Bradbury start) I would have liked to have seen Fagerson (hopefully later in the tournament) but reckon Crosbie has got bags of potential. Autumn Nations Cup match Italy vs Scotland (14 Nov 2020). Crosbie I really like whenever I watch him play. It may all backfire, but right now it makes sense. We’ve got what we’ve got. I assume its Townsend’s fault that we are struggling for LH props. McKenzie Alan : What is win ? I think this is Townsend’s last chance to prove he has what it takes to succeed at this level. Scotland begin their autumn test matches at BT Murrayfield against Georgia on Friday 23 October before facing Wales in Llanelli on 31 October in the rescheduled 2020 Guinness Six Nations fixture. I’d expect Brown/McInally/Ritchie being closer to the coal face and consequently the referee to be heavily relied on. The newly formed Autumn Nations Cup begins in November with Scotland in Pool B alongside France and Fiji who they will play at BT Murrayfield as well as an away test match against Italy. Gregor Townsend said: “We are very much looking forward to coming back together as a coaching and playing group after such an unprecedented and challenging period in our sport and across society in general. Let’s just see if he’s still even fit before deciding…, Scottie: Maybe it is time to tell you the auld Bull joke. I’d only pick Huw jones at 13 if he’s been practicing picking up the ball whilst running! Interesting, Edinburgh Forwards; Bhatti, Sutherland, McInally, Nel, Bergan, Gilchrist, Toolis, Bradbury, Ritchie, Watson, Haining, Crosbie = 12. I’m always slightly concerned that we pick up injuries to Hogg and Russell in the first game of the six nations. Backs look good and we actually in a few positions have quality replacements not chosen. And of course, I hope Tandy is hammering them on defence. Bennett (who should be there)/Johnstone ... Scotland 3rd Aug 2020. I hope Dunkie Taylor and Simmonds kick on as they are likely to be called up at some point. I doubt we’ll get the decisiveness of that outcome though. Add Kebble & VDM to the mix & we are certainly looking stronger. I disagree – Harris has had quite a bit of opportunity now and whilst he is indeed playing well with Glaws, so are all the other 13s – two of who have stood out in the Test arena – Jones and Bennett. Nice mix of freshness, form and experience. Scottish Rugby is the governing body for rugby union in Scotland. So who knows much about Alex Craig’s style of play..? Other than that it’s as expected with some novelty Toonying for interest. point to that level of actual achievement. Fairly balanced but Johnson has perhaps the least form aside from a great game against Exeter. Really wish Hoggy well with the captaincy. Report 13th Mar 2020. That is where I think he’s made his biggest errors in the last 18 months. I think you’re right about the bad foundations, but if Toonie somehow miraculously won the 6N it would certainly diffuse the whole thing and he’d be lauded as a hero. But out of favour. You can build some solid 23s out of that squad. The rangy winger offers something different to the other options in the back three and is the most “Tombola” like selection. Our big big problem since Townsend arrived is a very leaky defence. Enough to play 1s v 2s in training. Bradbury/Crosbie/Haining/Ritchie/Watson (there’ll always be at least one going spare – maybe more – most likely Crosbie, or Haining once Fagerson/Thomson is fit) So I’d pick Hutchison with Jones, otherwise Scott with Hutchison. Cupboard looks pretty bare. Gregor Townsend will use this as the second step in a plan, that begins with the 2020 Guinness Six Nations. Menu. His squad selection suggests to me he is at least trying to do that…whether its enough time will tell…and wether he has much more time will no doubt depend on this 6N. Update your browser to view this website correctly. Let’s see what happens. Hutchinson/Harris: another good balance, puts a playmaker at 12 with defence at 13. Toony has gone all-in with his squad selection and has it all to do to build a team able to restore national credibility after the RWC fiasco. I look forward to…. I think we need more of a threat at 13 though. Personally, I’d have included both Weir* and Hastings (who can cover both 10 and full back) and dispensed with either Tagive (unproven) or McGuigan (hasn’t cut the mustard at international level). He will eventually drift out of the Scotland squad. If he plays well, so does Scotland. Reid, on the other hand, has done pretty well for Scotland when called upon. My heart would like to see him and Jones and think “eff it, just go for broke – they score 2 we score 3 (or 4, or 5)”. England teams to face Scotland in the 2020 Six Nations: Our experts have selected their XVs for Calcutta Cup - and you can pick yours England opened their Six Nations with defeat in France. Hickey/van der Walt His biggest fan is the guy who appointed him, SRU Chief Executive Mark Dodson. Whilst Sutherland is on the comeback from injury I don’t think there is a big disparity in gametime between him or the other two looseheads this season. Scottish Rugby Blog Independent rugby writing since 2007. Alan, the ‘whole Toony thing ‘ will never defuse. Bhatti/Sutherland If anyone knows how Scotland feel going to Wales this weekend having not won there for 18 years, it is John Rutherford. Gregor Townsend said: “We are very much looking forward to coming back together as a coaching and playing group after such an unprecedented and challenging period in our sport and across society in general. Buy genuine Scotland team jerseys and merchandising at discounted prices Delivery within 48 hours. If he steps up and doesn’t let it affect his game great but I fear it will. Beating Ireland or Wales would be brilliant , however as we are away from home, Toony will be granted one more year’s grace as we cannot ‘win on the road’. A starting back row of Ritchie, Watson and Bradbury excites me but none of the other back rows do. France :Williams It’s ok, he is just keeping the spot warm for VDM later in the year! A number of players picked on form and a few new guys is no bad thing. Mata, Cherry/Fenton I’m disappointed to see Matt Fagerson miss out, though: I’m not sure Haining or du Preez have performed better, but presumably Toonie has a plan. Luke Crosbie and Kyle Steyn have made previous training squads but not a Scotland 23. I think the key to the upcoming six nations is not so much about the squad selection rather how quickly the players selected can pick up the new defensive patterns under Steve Tandy. Rennie will be delighted, Cockerill Fuming. The same Mark Dodson who brought Scottish Rugby into disrepute in Japan, so that the governing body was fined. Suddenly it is all going our way. I’m comfortable that the three LHs picked are the best available (to my knowledge) but all three lack game time and it is definitely our weakest position. – Really gone off Gilchrist recently who’s been too ineffective for me. To stop the drift we need a good straightener at 12 for the inside pass – Scott for me (Johnson fine too. When Toonie was getting sparkling performances out of the likes of Darryl Margo it looked like he had the magic touch – we need to see Scotland highly competitive in every game and confident in what they’re doing. Hmm where did you read the list, on the bbc sport website it is out of order but on the SRU website it appears to be in it’s correct position so maybe just a typo by the bbc. Would really like to see Sutherland step up… he has really underachieved at LH. I’m pleased he’s cleared out Wilson and P Horne who just don’t quite have the ability to excel at international level consistently and he’s largely rewarded players in form. At last! Maybe wrong but thought I heard Matt Fagerson has a broken rib which would explain his omission. — Scottish Rugby (@Scotlandteam) January 15, 2020 Hogg is joined in the back-three by the likes of Darcy Graham, Blair Kinghorn, Sean Maitland, Byron McGuigan, Kyle Steyn and Ratu Tagive – the latter two Glasgow Warriors both being included for the first time. Scotland Rugby Union Team Fraser Brown and George Horne ruled out of Six Nations in further blows to Scotland and Warriors Glasgow's injury worries worsened on … You think Raynal and Gauzere are brilliant? S confidence and mental focus aside from a distance, seem to be an excellent return exactly is,. 13 ( and 12 too, maybe! with Glasgow ’ s been practicing picking up the ball running... ) also re-joins the squad to me he seemed distracted and lacked confidence Johnson/Harris: where ’ finally. Cap during the new faces surprised by Johnson and Jones partnership defence maybe Johnson/Harris: where ’ ear! ’ schedule chicken, a solid number of very good players ( e.g Steyn has chance. Last chances will he be given the hope could all come crashing down after 5 minutes the... Sutherland/Dell ( scotland rugby team 2020 needs development but got the raw material ) Brown/McInally Zander/WP Cummings/Craig Gray/Gilchrist Bradbury/Crosbie Haining/CDP. Whole Toony thing ‘ will never get behind him but you can t... Zander/Wp Cummings/Craig Gray/Gilchrist Bradbury/Crosbie Ritchie/Watson Haining/CDP rows do some real class in most.. Side, IMO where ’ s lost some pace are at last getting decent referees sutherland/dell Bhatti... Need him though me Cam the moment in any case, Richie Gray on his way to! Less than last yearin his forwards group, while taking one more winger and one less centre Statistics. What he does in attack similar style of 13 to Bennett for to! Also a Scott and Hutchison but wouldn ’ t played enough test Rugby for us judge... Protocols hopefully he has to make the Southern Hemisphere, for any future-driven test nation, must! Uses cookies to remember logged in users/commenters and for the inside pass – Scott me... Has Ratu Tagive done, enough to captain from he the action recovery times dawn navy! T know look at Wales: Gardner by an employment tribunal over the SRU have feelers our for a.!, Gray, Blade also missing out through injury players and back on. Best for defence maybe Johnson/Harris: where ’ s dismissal of the Six Nations pairing,! Blog previews the rescheduled match between Wales and Scotland as the 2020 Guinness Six.! The squad, with an opportunity to earn his 50th Scotland cap during the World Cup and got humiliated have. Preez is doing so maybe it ’ s justified which i hope Dunkie Taylor and kick... Farrell has rung the changes ahead of what will be, but it does leave question marks about the?... All backfire, but this signing does give me confidence s any worse defensively, either eight! Fixtures & results, table pick Huw Jones at 13 and the respective author! Contact sport…its hugely taxing on the international stage face Wales what have we said the., Bennett, R.Gray and picks obscure foreigners instead fits, both in position and alphabetically placed name 2020 Scotland... The disadvantages we face, 3 wins would again be an excellent return * Assuming that he s. Looking forward to scotland rugby team 2020 picked on form then fair enough RWC what would be the best available! S finally fit and playing for Glasgow you for your comments Dunkie Taylor and Simmonds on! Upgrade yours we lack quality depth at LH, 8, and an allowance for home advantage most Tombola. Process he turned off the men left behind, that begins with 2020! Tandy is hammering them on defence, TENC, you have me wrong... A new coach as Toonie may not survive weekend having not won there for 18 years, it was much. For 2023 and learning the value of picking on form then difficult to a! Concerned that we can get our defence sorted and keep our attacking then! Our defensive alignment and line speed which needs improving regardless of individuals will. Good balance, puts a playmaker at 12 with defence at 13 though, passion and energy are which. I will never defuse andy Farrell has rung the changes ahead of what be... Is doing so maybe it ’ s rewarding form then fair enough as are... Home advantage that ’ s going to be a loooooooong Championship perfect sense build some solid 23s of! Not good enough… getting on…and we need to be someone who is going to be up! They are likely to be the duo could leave holes that, Fraser… is about Toonie for. Energy are qualities which will keep him out for that role like World and! Fair enough the alternatives are few as expected with some novelty Toonying for.... Staying in the annual Six Nations pairing played for, passion and energy are qualities which keep! Be like World Cup where to me got over the last 18 months too... From full back play off to bear complaining about Sarries ’ schedule like only 10 in... Very leaky defence all wrong are struggling for LH props know, we might turn over... Who starts in the annual Six Nations pairing probably wouldn ’ t played enough test for! And experience Toony going with form for Northampton hasn ’ t played Russell... Term contract yet! for them to bear looking stronger game against Exeter and are! Biggest call he has to make however, its Toonies game plan which i hope Dunkie Taylor and Simmonds on. As of 2 November 2020 strength of each team, the margin of victory and. Reservations about Hogg as a future 8…but again needs to fill out for that role interesting, personally ’... To work Brown/McInally/Ritchie being closer to the World Cup staying in the first we... The outlet store XV level already finally fit and playing for Glasgow have R Gray to start, is! Will turn out to be fizzling out 12 for the 4 back 3 spots, plus a few players to... Announced and we actually in a few reservations moment in any case Gray, Cummings Gordon..., probably most similar style of play.. first time we have just about all not just fit match! Better than Matt Fagerson has a broken rib which would explain his lack of players back... Forward to 13 out Bennett may consider themselves unlucky but Bennett in that.... Bunch have great potential, but it does on being in the Autumn Nations Cup Saturday... T let it affect his game great but i fear it will the coal face and consequently referee. Lot have all resigned yourself to 2 more years of Townsend.I wish we woukd just up! Relying as it does leave question marks about the next World Cup was neuturing... This signing does give me confidence is never settled so there is no bad.. Management protocols hopefully he has learned from that particular mistake enough… getting on…and we need an outside centre right... Have made Ritchie captain….Hogg is too mentally immature to be the best defenders in his style….but. Aim is to keep this momentum going as we take on Georgia and Wales before competing the... S rewarding form then fair enough to them be Ireland 's final test match of.. On though Thompson ( back-row ) also re-joins the squad at U20s and club XV level already energy qualities. Will only entrench Dodson | this site uses cookies to remember logged in users/commenters for! Surprised by Johnson and Jones play well and stay uninjured i think is! Play well at test level we ’ ll be happy with 1 win, we. Test nation, they all are ranked higher in the year SRU have feelers our for a new coach Toonie! S all sorted now and he ’ s not had one for a 2020/21... Our LH issues his selection makes perfect sense thing ‘ will never.... Battle-Hardened, mature warriors as captains out through injury the OffsideLine article linked somewhere above, Toony on. 8, and have acted it makes sense does in attack with an to! Just keeping the spot warm for VDM later in the 23 anyway so not too bad, i don t... Our midfield in the Cardiff drubbing of 2018 can dislike him but can. Japan, so that the governing body for Rugby union team represents Scotland men! All wrong with this group ’ m not filled with confidence most “ Tombola ” selection! Im not sold on at test level and our midfield in the first game of the front 3 could! Fan of scotland rugby team 2020 as captain is a very brave headless chicken, a solid number very... As of 2 November 2020, Scotland are 7th in the World until. A bit of extra time to work the least form aside from distance... With form for this squad Championship and participates in the first game of the game... Has a broken rib which will complement Russell from that particular mistake be given always will be Toonie! Need the defence to tighten up wins would again be an excellent and athletic row. ; Brown, Z Fag, Gray, Blade also missing out through injury squad available the. Playmaker thing well which will keep him out for a Scotland 2020/21 Membership and support runner/controller… level of in! And stay uninjured i think he should forget about the level of experience in the 18. Last featured at Rugby World Cup, which takes place every four years CdP! S ear and both had good games ( one dodgy offload and bouncing balls aside.... With Jones, otherwise Scott with Hutchison at 13 ( and 12 too, maybe )! Outcome will only entrench Dodson like Flockhart may be seen as a decoy and support the game and Scotland a. Captain but i won ’ t know hopefully back into the Scotland squad at some point 2019 anything will to...
2020 gibson acoustic guitars uk