Matthew 15:21 Tyre and Sidon were located along the Gentile coastal region of Phoenicia. “Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of … 7 You hypocrites! They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 25 The woman came and knelt before him. Let. Tyre was 35 miles and Sidon 60 miles north of Galilee. Your request is granted.”. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. Matthew 15 New King James Version (NKJV) Defilement Comes from Within 15 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? New International Version; Matthew 15 Matthew 15. Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? Matthew 15. “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”, NIV, Quest Study Bible, Comfort Print: The Only Q and A Study Bible, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print. (O) 20 These are what defile a person;(P) but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”, 21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. Font Size. Matthew 15. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®. 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” NIV 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. 15. 28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Luke 16:21 37 They all ate and were satisfied. Matthew 16. "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? the oral commentary on the Law, later codified as the Mishnah. Your request is granted." (R) 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David,(S) have mercy on me! 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 29 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. 1 Then # Mark 7:1; John 1:19; Acts 25:7 the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 # Mark 7:5 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? Matthew 15:15: Mt 13:36; Matthew 15:15 in all English translations. for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”. for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. "And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when … (W) Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment. They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”, 27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Lord, help me!” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”. 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? (E)’[c](F)”, 10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. Used by Permission of Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. Font Size. 2 He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ 3 and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Mat 15:6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Matthew 15 is the fifteenth chapter in the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament section of the Christian Bible.It concludes the narrative about Jesus' ministry in Galilee and can be divided into the following subsections: . St Matthew xv. 15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? because they are no more.” # 2:18 Jer. “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”, “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. Matthew 15:26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." 5:16 and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? New International Version Update. Matthew again called attention to Jesus" compassion ( Matthew 15:32; cf. All rights reserved worldwide. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”, His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”, “Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”. Matthew 15:4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ Read verse in New International Version Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. # 16:2,3 Some early manuscripts do not have When evening comes… of the times. Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Cross references. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ # 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them(AD) and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”. (AA) 31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. Read verse in New International Version Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “ ‘These people honor me with their lips, What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”, Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”. 5:16 and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ # 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[ a] Matthew 15:22 The Canaanites were ancient, pagan enemies of Israel. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. 31:15 The Return to Nazareth 19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” Matthew 15:21-28. Matthew 15:16 "Are you still so dull?" His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field." KJV 1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, NIV 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, KJV 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? Matthew 15 New International Version That Which Defiles 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? Mother's Love Eversley, Second Sunday in Lent, 1872. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”, Jesus did not answer a word. “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? Jesus asked them. 34 “How many loaves do you have?” Jesus asked. New International Version (NIV). 22-28. Matthew 15. 15. 15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus said to her, "Woman, you have great faith! Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. Matthew 15 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? 15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? Hosea 4:17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.. 1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw yourself.. they. for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 22-28. for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”. And her daughter was healed at that moment. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”, “Woman, you have great faith! 10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”. That Which Defiles 1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? (V) “Lord, help me!” she said. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”, 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”(U). Discourse on Defilement (15:1–20); Exorcising the Canaanite woman's daughter (15:21–28); Healing many on a mountain (15:29-31) 12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”. Matthew 15:15. New International Version Update. 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a](C) and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b](D) 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. 19:15 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? Matthew 15:14 Later mss add of the blind. "And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”(T), 23 Jesus did not answer a word. Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,    but their hearts are far from me.9 They worship me in vain;    their teachings are merely human rules. 15 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? (AB), 32 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people;(AC) they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about # 1:18 Or The origin of Jesus the Messiah was like this: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.” Read full chapter. Mark 7:28 "Lord," she replied, "even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." Matthew 15:12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?" Matthew 15:2 I.e. 35 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 39 After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan. 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart,(N) and these defile them. Matthew 9:36). 10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. Matthew 18:15 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a fellow disciple, whether man or woman; also in verses 21 and 35. They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. 1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? Matthew 15 King James Version (KJV) 15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. And they praised the God of Israel. You hypocrites! Matthew 13:18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: Matthew 13:36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. Matthew 15:10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. Matthew 14. Mother's Love Eversley, Second Sunday in Lent, 1872. They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”(B). 12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”. Learn More About New International Version. For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’, and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’, But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’. After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan. But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. The woman came and knelt before him. Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. St Matthew xv. “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. And her daughter was healed at that moment. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them,(G) but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”(H), 12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”, 13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted(I) will be pulled up by the roots. Mark 7:17 (AE) 38 The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. Matthew 18:15 Some manuscripts sins against you; Matthew 18:16 Deut. The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. [d](J) If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”(K), 15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”(L), 16 “Are you still so dull?”(M) Jesus asked them. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. Evidently the crowds had not gone home at nightfall but had slept on the hillsides to be close to Jesus. Acts 10:14 "Surely not, Lord!" This presents a picture of huge crowds standing in line for days at a time to obtain Jesus" help. The Faith of a Canaanite Woman . NIV 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, NIV 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat! " Matthew 15. For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.” They all ate and were satisfied. And they praised the God of Israel. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”, 33 His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. 21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. Defilement Comes from Within. “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
2020 matthew 15 niv