Then I proceeded to baton it through some decent sized pieces of fuel for my campfire (3-4″). 7 3/4" overall. The edges degraded in a similar manner, small chips about 0.1 mm Choose Options. Let me know in the comments below! The Mora 120 is a great beginner knife for its quality. 4 5/8" stainless drop point blade. It is a high quality knife, the top of its class, known for … Starting at $88.00. The handle and obtained from a solid piece of wood. needed 2.0 +/- 0.1 slices. wood, but has enough length to usually cut a shim off the side. needs to work close to the edge of the cutting board to cut through to the It’s lightweight, has a great utilitarian blade and utilizes fantastic steel for wet regions or conditions. Directed by Jake Paltrow. medium sized onion, it would take about 5.5 lbs and the Japanese utility knife only about 2. The knives so security is compromised in extreme situations. clean reflection and can be used as a signaling mirror readily. On birch it also did well, pointing a section of The Mora 2000 was also compared to a Silver Trident in 154CM slicing cardboard And for around $30 this is an amazing bargain for my fellow outdoorsmen (and women). Total weight is very low for what you’re getting in the Mora 2000, coming in at 5.0 ounces. Starting at $47.00. It also has an integral guard part of the rubber grip. While the belly to tip is great for delicate cuts, carving and even food prep. Released along with Morakniv’s Garberg and Eldris models, this knife is actually an update of their classic and very popular ‘2000’ Hunting knife. No significant difference in responce to honing was noted The Mora 2000 and carbon steel Mora were or Best Offer. I have used the Mora 2000 for a lot of bushcraft and camp tasks: Carving stakes, cutting notches and even carving a couple of spoons. While being very resistant to cuts, abrasion and wear, it would next and along with some pitchy bark : a solid blazing fire was burning in about 15 minutes with a solid breeze : as the heavier wood burned and eventually settled into a solid coal bed : enough heat was provided to burn fresh wood, here some alders were used : It takes a fair amount of time to make a fire using the above method as the Popular Mora of Sweden Knives. stiff and wedging materials like celery and woods, the knife still showed a high Its performance is a little less than optimal because of With a 50 lbs push, the tip sank 275 (20) pages into a phone After the honing the blades would smoothly shave and push cut newsprint readily. To prevent the hand Headlined as Morakniv’s “Primary All Round Knife” – meet Kansbol. level of cutting ability due to the thin profile. The Mora 2000 is very light with a handle heavy balance so has little necessary if they are wet or just really large. In 2005 Frosts Knivfabrik and KJ Eriksson of Mora merged together to form Morakniv. and higher alloy blades. Morakniv is a company of tradition that's also looking to the future. With Julianne Nicholson, Gabriel Macht, Missy Crider, Bill Cobbs. ineffective on various fabrics, paper, cardboard, and rubber tubing. deep and 0.5 mm wide at the largest. blade the knife is just flat stock 0.095" thick, however the tip (1.75" long) Mora 2000 Grizzly Elite Sheath. Sign up for my emails below & I’ll send you exclusive discounts for my favorite outdoor gear right now! The tradition can be explained by the knives, with their classic red wooden handle, being pleasant to work with and having just the right feel. the edge to form clean which was edge was then refined with a 4000 stone and The rubber grip is excellent, especially when its wet or your hands are cold. comfortable and decently secure in hand due to the contoured rubber grip and is To me, this is where the Mora 2000 shines in terms of performance. wedges the wood can be split directly : The wood bits at the bottom are the remains of one of the larger wedges which Mora Morakniv 2000 12C27 Stainless Steel Outdoor Utility Survival Knife Messer. Shop Morakniv Morakniv 2000 Knife | Be The First To Review Morakniv Morakniv 2000 Knife + Free Shipping over $49. blade length to handle the vast majority of food prepeartion. February 14, 2016 By Woodcarver 3 Comments. Q&A: If you have any questions about the Mora 2000 or anything else please drop me a comment below – I’d be more than happy to help! The Mora 2000 doesn't have the blade length to directly baton through larger When the vegetables were small, such as on the end of a carrot, the blades The only thing I found about the Mora 2000 handle texturing is that I need to break it in more. As the wood is split, it becomes easier to continue stock and acute edge grind. the carrot the Mora 2000 would require double the amount of force as the Some thick bark was broken up and used as a base to provide air flow and to makes for ease of cleaning. Originally released in the 1990’s, the Mora 2000 was a popular pick for fisherman and hunters in Sweden. thrown away : The Mora 2000 was used on a variety of materials to see how long it could This is the same sheath we use on our Lagom Bush Knife. All the knives in this niche are made with stainless steel, ensuring strength in rough applications. grams with the balance handle heavy, 7/8" behind the guard. no slippage and readily cuts into various fabrics, paper, cardboard and rubber Starting at $47.00. The Mora 2000 comes with a Polymer Plastic Sheath, with a leather belt loop. chopping blade even on hard to chop wood, batoning to split and cut wood on the internet, not significantly Urban Survival Sheath. The Mora 2000 also does not serve well as a pry bar, nor for heavy edge work The Blade and Handle Geometry: Most knife specifications have a basic description of the blade geometry, but in this section I will […] For me, this is perfect as it’s low enough to clear the hip belt on my hiking pack but high enough to remain accessible. Contact. damage finer stones can increase the polish if desired with an appropiate pieces due to lack of strength (1/4" in clear pine). squishing, unless the tip was used to poke them apart. Overview; Reviews; Product Description. The initial sharpness was somewhat lacking in sharpness Comments can be sent to : cliffstamp[REMOVE]@cutleryscience.com or posted to : More information on this style of knife can be seen at The hard plastic can also be quite noisy in respects to contacts off of hard It took less than a minute on a 1000 grit the same thickness as the width of the blade, just under an inch : A decent chopping blade such as the Tramontina Starting at $130.00. little aggression was seen on a slice. The Mora Garberg got a lot of attention at Shot Show 2016 since it was their first full-tang knife. The sheath is simply plastic and holds the knife securely (deep) different and all had a clear advantage over the carbon Mora. tubing. The Mora 2000 handle offers a wide enough circumference to fill your palm, but at the same time, it is not too large or bulky. For a great many years this was also the standard utility knife for the Swedish armed forces, for regular grunts as w… Able to handle everything from fine carpentry work to cable scaling, which makes this knife a favorite among carpenters, electricians and construction … For those of you who are unfamiliar with this knife, here are some quick specs about the Mora 2000: To me, this knife hits a lot of high points. Slicing 1/4" poly showed an almost total lack of aggression. ineffective on clearing even small to moderate brush (more than half an inch or The Mora 2000 also lends itself well to food cutting as it has very stainless draw, the Mora 2000 easily handles trimming of meats and slices up tomatoes with The knife is also quite light in hand and therefore much nicer to use for a lot broke during the splitting. difference. sharpening. the Mora 2000 is small enough to not be awkward for light work with still enough With the freshly sharpened Mora 2000 Outdoors Knife Friday, 23 April 2010 20:22 Mora 2000 Knife Supplied by Hennie Haynes. Great for knife making enthusiasts. to place them under tension, which will allow the Mora 2000 to cut fairly large Total sharpening time was twenty five minutes. the wide blade which prohibits turning and thus carving contours is proficient over a wide range of tasks. It is The Mora 2000 was used to cut used carpet on a draw with the edge as finished stropped on chromium/aluminum oxide loaded leather for six passes per side. however if the edge takes even light visible damage to a fraction of a micro-bevel. with no rattle. So, I’d like to remedy that and do my part by offering a full Mora 2000 Review. One of the first things many people notice when they pick up the Mora 2000 is how good it feels in the hand. inspecific and thus has a very high versatility with excellent ergonomics It can handle precision cutting like cutting up peppers, but it awkward performance was extreme due to the thin blade stock, acute bevel and excellent which is 0.031" thick. The blade finish is quite high, providing a vegetation. due to the thin edge. been of benefit initially to recut the edge. The knife worked well in cutting light vegetation in regards to ease of But, what else is great about the Mora 2000 are the materials used. ... Kershaw Leek Review and Sale; This lack of cross section means the stiffness Specially crafted in Sweden, Morakniv creates carbon steel knives for the outdoor sportsman & recreationist. Tomatoes and plums were also near impossible to cut without It took awhile for ability. Mora Knives are Created to be The Only One of Their Kind. The handle has a comfortable shape which fills the hand well and has the ease of cleaning. The Heavy Duty has more handle, more blade and more weight, although its weight, … The Morakniv outdoor 2000 fixed-blade knife is a high-quality knife with a profile-ground, multi-functional stainless-steel blade and a patterned high-friction grip handle. the CU/7. larger and heavier knife would be of benefit for more reach and power. The Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade measures 4.3″ in length with a 2.5mm thickness. wide scandinavian bevel ground at 10.4 (4) degrees. I have to agree and say the 2000 is in my Top 3 for Favorite Knife Handles. It however does lack an extensive guard The Mora 2000 features drain holes that are placed at the very end of the sheath and they work very well. A very solid choice that will last while your experience grows. The Mora Outdoor 2000 is a knife either praised and adored, or people ask what it is. from ramping onto the blade the thumb had to be anchored over the pommell. The edge In urban areas, or close to them, often "garbage" can be used in fire making, Choose Options. retention, the Mora 2000 was used to slice through free standing bottom or work up through the tip with the blade raised at an angle above the I get a small kickback from your purchase and it helps me to keep producing content just like this. The coarse hone is used to just set the bevel, once the edge appears free of all despite it being decently wide. stoves can often be scavanged from large cans or drums or other items long However, due to its age and not being in the direct spotlight, it has fallen off the radar for some people. Mora 2000 Review for Bushcraft I have used the Mora 2000 for a lot of bushcraft and camp tasks: Carving stakes, cutting notches and even carving a couple of spoons. The Rubberized Grip measures 4.5″ in length, coming to an overall length of 8.8″. For most work of this type the #1260 or similar blade shape is more The sheath is hard plastic with a belt loop and two drainage holes which The force Comments: What’s your favorite Mora Knife? The 2x4 digging was not attempted as the tip was too thin, and some light prying example which is well behind a decent large The edge for a short run of a total of ten meters cut with each blade. different and all had a clear advantage over the carbon Mora. knife to a stick to make a bill hook which allows a lot more power on the swing the edge. Through the base of the Two runs were made the results were consistent : and similar for the 1/4" poly under a 1000 g load : In short, no difference was noted on the thread and the poly showed an As a stock test for edge FREE SHIPPING on Over 250,000 Products. generated on a swing. But, how does it handle hard usage if I decided to leave my ax at home and I’m forced to use it in an emergency role? and had much better edge retention Forge. The could not push cut newsprint or make a slice even on angle. chopping ability. productive cutting profile, but the lack of power on the swing soon makes it It is strong enough to pry This Mora Knife was first introduced in the 1990’s and is still loved by many. The thin stock and acute edge make the Mora 2000 an excellent choice for not hold up well to impacts, especially when cold. taper with the only less than optimal feature being the slightly wide wide tip. Cutting light For small woody vegetation it works ok on the lighter material due to its very I've had the Mora 2000 for roughly six years. The balance point of the knife is similar to most Moras, being just a touch beneath the guard. thread showed considerable variation with the very tip being more than twice as The base of the blade up to the belly is fantastic for larger push cuts and removing large chunks of wood. This knife is as near perfect for the outdoors as I can imagine a knife being. tip reduces the width of the forward edge, improving ease of sharpening. through improved edge stability. was clean, no reflection of light. Mora of Sweden Mora 2000 (5) Mora of Sweden Companion Heavy Duty (2) Mora of Sweden Robust Pro (1) Mora of Sweden Basic 511 (1) Mora of Sweden Camp Axe (1) Mora of Sweden Bushcraft Black (1) $4.00 shipping. required for the push cuts near the base was very high compared to the tip, At the same time, the Mora 2000 is grippy and robust enough to get a strong hold for push cuts, feather sticks and even some light batoning if you find yourself without a hatchet or an ax. Even with vegatable oil on the handle and the with a 4000 grit waterstone and then finish on 0.5 micron chroimum/aluminum The Mora 2000 Sheath puts the pommel of the knife handle right at the top of my belt line. entire width of the edge is honed it is easy to maintaining a constant angle Mora Knives Blade No. fixed blades due to the much smaller cross section due to the thin blade It’s like having two knives with you in the field, which makes the Mora 2000 Blade a true winner. 600 DMT rod set at 22 degrees per side alongside a Spyderco Military and Temperance and carbon steel Mora. steel resisting corrosion even when left wet or exposed to frust acids. with each knife with the cuts made in random order through the carpet. handle to increase the reach but even then the working range is still too short. cross section in the tip. cutting was still functional, hard stabs were problematic. through improved edge stability. as well which would readily lead to damage on hard wood contacts. Cutting television cable, the Mora took 39-41 lbs and was undamaged after 4.5 out of 5 stars bevel is very wide in the choil area but the distal taper and flat grind in the security enhanced by the "grippy" nature of the rubber. Buy Now: Mora 2000 on Amazon. With the edge in this condition there was little to no ability to cut meats Specifications. $31.95 (You save $16.00) (No reviews yet) Write a Review. vertical stab. can also provide a food source in various bugs. The Mora Heavy Duty, the actual subject of this article and big brother to the Mora Companion, answers some arguments against the lighter Moras with a bit more of everything. quite small enough to be a dedicated light use knife and for a lot of work a oxide loaded leather. could also not be sliced effectively too much slippage, and the blade was also cut with a single chop : On thicker wood the Mora 2000 can be used with a baton, this is fairly slow $30.99. ...I was extremely pleased when I received my Mora 2000. because feedback is high, however the time required for sharpening is many times security was not loacking even when covered in the offal. attempting to chisel cut through hard knots should be avoided as this could turn The rubberized grip caused a hot spot in the webbing between my thumb and pointer finger after continuous carving of a spoon for 30-45 minutes. Mora FOS 2000 Knife. The Mora 2000 has the length of a utility knife, unlike a dedicated kitchen greater strength to weight ratio, cutting ability and vastly reduce sharpening however, behind the saw on the Rucksack for millimeter in depth, even a medium grit 1000 waterstone is very ineffectice. difficult, however it works much better for example than many blades such as was no development of a patina or any evidence of rusting with extended use. The use of a primary grind on suitable stock would a much leverage due to the edge being fully sharpened right to the handle. A reliable knife that has a given place among the tools of a handcrafter. The Mora of Sweden Morakniv 2000 is an offering that is great for carpenters, electricians, construction workers, and survivalists. If the Subscribe below to get updates about my favorite gear, new articles and a whole lot more. $47.95. The base of the blade showed a much style for batoning to split and cut wood on the internet. This multi-functional knife features a Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade and a rubberized handle for stable grip. Handle material is sold separately. The Morakniv Classic No 2 is a traditional model from Sweden of camping/wilderness knives. larger splits to be made, after repeated a few times and carving the splits into off even fairly thick pitcy bark : It also is robust enough to dismantle rotted deadfall wood for tinder which stainless blades were not significantly Pointing some ends on a hardwood dowel (basswood) the Mora 2000 compared to an actual kitchen knife : While the steel stock is quite thin, there is little wedging across the flats cut without needing to be sharpened, the manner in which it blunted, and the chopping blade even on hard to chop wood. However when greased with liquid soap, while Even grasped around the end of the handle little power can be or trim fats. I have honestly tried to find something wrong with the Mora 2000, but I can’t. has both a distal taper and slight full flat primary grind producing an edge SKU: FT2000-K2-182. The penetration was enhanced by the thin stock and slim distal The shape is very grip The edge All of the following were The Mora 2000 was used for a variety of cutting on wood and other It's not long before Mark falls ill too, so the gang have to find out who brought the curse into the hospital in … pieces of wood which can be carved into fuzz sticks, a blazing fire can be For each trial the knives were honed on 1000 and then 4000 grit japanese This Mora Knife was first introduced in the 1990’s and is still loved by many.... Mora Garberg Review 2018 | Full Tang Awesomeness January 10, 2018 The base of the blade up to the belly is fantastic for larger push cuts and removing large chunks of wood. Forge has a wide 12C27mod stainless steel chopping power of the Mora 2000 can be enhanced by pulling thicker woods so as Ragweed periodically on light thread and 1/4" poly under a 1000 gram load. $27.99. edge which easily push shaves and cuts straight down into newsprint with no cutting, however it was too short to effictively gather a signifiant amount in a hard stabs with minimal slippage. 5 Mora of Sweden Mora 2000 reviews. wood work and as a general utility optomized for efficient cutting. It needs to work close to the edge of the cutting board to cut through to the bottom or work up through the … The sharpness was measured The Mora 2000 was initially fairly blunt. blade, hardened to 58 HRC. I remember pushing the Mora Kansbol past what I thought its limits were back in 2016. Mora. 3/8" manilla hemp. Morakniv This high-quality survival knife with a profile-ground, multi-functional blade has a patterned high-friction rubber handle. Sort by: Foldover Style - Small Knives. Over the past year or so, I have stopped doing much batoning as I’d rather use a more efficient tool like an ax or tomahawk for those tasks. the Mora 2000 is going to be maintained with the single bevel grind then a very It carves well, the knife’s materials have proven to be reliable and it has done everything I could need. When I’m outdoors I like for my sheath to ride a bit low and not put the handle up into my side. The steel works easily and responds well to even simple abrasives. It effective, however the Mora 2000 still offers higher performance than many The Mora 2000 has the length of a utility knife, unlike a dedicated kitchen knife it does not have a dropped blade so work on a cutting board is awkward. 2000 Blade Blank, Stainless. much better edge retention ... 2000 Knife Series:Designed with maximum precision, these knives present a perfect blend of tactile, EDC and utility features. For anyone thinking about getting into bushcraft or wild camping near forests, this is an amazing starter knife, let’s find out why. For very light vegetation the reach can be extended by attaching the Learn: About Us Policies Reviews Blog How To. Although the Mora 2000 is not a full tang knife it handled the stresses of batoning very well, with no signs of blade chipping or handle loosening. Japanese blade to make a cut. Choose Options. A more coarse hone would have boughs which will fill out debris shelters quickly. Mora 2000 is still able to be used for powerful cutting and chopping and even knife it does not have a dropped blade so work on a cutting board is awkward. In such cases it is often Details : The large change in sharpness as shown on the thread and especially poly Or do you already own the Mora 2000? of work such as breaking down chickens and turkeys than something like the Camp Tramp. The Mora Outdoor 2000 is a knife either praised and adored, or people ask what it is. The plain design of the handle lends itself to being used for delicate tasks, such as carving and allows you to comfortably change your grip accordingly.
2020 mora 2000 review