As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Like mine, Garten’s recipe calls for dried beans. I like coconut milk and spinach, so I am sure coconut and kale soup would be great. You can also add other greens like spinach, green peas, potatoes (to make creamy). Once half of the soup is blended, stir in the kale. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. I love talking with people about food, and I'm so glad you're here. Now secondly, the elephant in the room, which is the COLOR of this soup. When you substituted coconut milk for the milk did you use full 2 cups? So in order to NOT end up with electric green soup and to get a more mellow, calm, creamy green soup, my tips are: Seriously though, just eat it in a closet or something if you can’t get over the green soup judgement. Lindsay I was planning my quinoa veggie bowl but you girl spoiled it all!! Or, transfer half of the soup to a stand blender and blend until creamy. ★☆, UM that picture of your nephew? Hi, I'm Lori. More about me and My Quiet Kitchen.... Irresistibly rich and savory, this creamy vegan soup just might be your favorite new way to eat kale! Once the soup bubbles add in a handful of kale leaves. Also note: the more kale you add, the more bright green your soup will be! Directions. https://thatumamilife.wordpress.com/ – a clean eating bento blog. I’m totally in the don’t-care-what-people-think-of-green food camp! Using the vitamix tonight! Either way. You'll chop and sauté a few vegetables, simmer the soup for about 5 minutes, blend a portion of it (as much as you want), and then serve. Who doesn’t love soups like this? I love potato soup. I died of cute overload. Sticky Sesame Tofu With Broccoli {+ how to dry-broil tofu for chewy texture} ». I am totally with you on the major respect for parents. Luckily, my kids are totally not picky and I can just tell they will love this! So incredibly tasty! If you have an immersion blender, use it to puree the soup to the the desired level of creaminess, then add the other can of coconut milk to the pot. OK – now I am craving soup. Creamy Kale Soup Recipe By Gina LaVerde Ingredients 2 bunches chopped kale leaves 1 bunch chopped collard greens 1 large chopped butternut squash 2 cloves chopped garlic 4 sprigs rosemary 4 sprigs thyme 2 tsp nutmeg 2 tsp Celtic sea salt Coconut oil to taste Water for boiling Add kale, collards, garlic and squash to … Continue reading "Creamy Kale Soup Recipe" We watched Brian’s 3 nephews for a weekend and wow, ya, no idea how they do it. Add 1 can of coconut milk, 2 cups of water, salt, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and kale… Meanwhile, cut the rest of … Season with salt and pepper and serve with yummy paninis, toasted wheat bread, or crackers, cheese, and hummus. It's made with only 7 ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. This soup can easily be pulled together with little dishes to wash afterwards, did I mention this is all made in one pot? Sooo, I am a food blogger with a 3 and half years old and a 18 months! We had two adults to one 2-month-old and eating a warm meal together at the table, much less cooking in the first place, was virtually impossible. It was a few weeks ago so I can laugh about it now. Add the oil and onion. Slow Cooker Method. This recipe for creamy kale and mushroom soup is not too difficult to prepare at all! Bring on the green! hahaha. I have peeled potatoes before with my daughter in the carrier, rocking her! Add Win! It’s seriously the creamiest, most velvety veggie-based soup you’ve ever spooned into your mouth or dipped your panini into. Soup is a savior for quick weeknight meals for us, especially ones that have so few ingredients like this! I’m all about a green soup! What is wrong with green soup? Add in a cup of milk or cream if using at this stage. Stir-in kale.If you prefer thicker soup, mix more cassava flour with liquid from the soup … Cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Ingredients. Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF; no coconut milk) This will definitely be on my ‘must try’ list as I adore kale, but sadly just can’t seem to grow it here in Sydney and it costs a fortune to buy! Seriously. I spend 3 days every week at my daughters helping her with my non sleeping 8 week old granddaughter, wow, talk about hard work and we thought having our 5 and 3 yr old grandsons to stay for a week was tiring….. Serve with vegan cheese and fresh croutons, if desired. Not to mention they’ll be wearing most of it so I better dress them in green. Drain. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt as needed. I also have a passion for veganizing classic desserts, and sometimes even those get a healthy-ish makeover. 5 tablespoons butter. Are you ready for an easy and ultra flavorful creamy kale soup? This soup is all I want now! May 28, 2019 - Explore Edward Schwind's board "Kale soup recipes" on Pinterest. Thanks Tieghan! I must say, never thought of turning it into a soup – looks amazing! 2 – 3 cups chopped kale, stems removed. As the soup is still hot it will slightly cook down the kale leaves. . Congrats to you and Naomi! I’ve just learned over the years it can make a big difference in a recipe. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. I don’t add milk, I serve it the way it is made and add a big scoop of yogurt to it in the bowl and grated cheese..yum.. Just wait til you need to make dinner AND take photos of said dinner with 2 adorable minions around , I cook dinner 3 hours ahead of time during afternoon nap or else we eat at 7 o clock which equals complete chaos from everyone starving. I am tired just thinking about it. The blueish kind get all mushy gross on me. Creamy low-carb chicken, kale and cauliflower soup This soup is not only delicious, fragrant, and refreshing but it's also appealing to the eye! Naomi just gave birth to our new son this morning and I am going to make this for her when she comes home. Oh! This creamy sausage, bacon, potato, and kale soup is total comfort food! My brother has twin baby girls and the thought of keeping up with both of them, especially alone, makes my head spin. It's easily pulled together from pantry and freezer basics making it a quick and easy recipe. And finally Bjork ends up at the table with a bowl of soup and I’m on the comfy chair doing some one-handed snacking instead. Loved the pic of your cute nephew and can entirely relate to the ‘tag team’ effort to get anything done, that alone prepare or eat any food. I hope you don’t mind… I think you’ll really love this Creamy Potato Kale soup. Rate this recipe Here's your answer! You have my major respect. Just when you thought you didn't need another way to eat kale, I'm here to tell you.... you've got to try this Cream of Kale Soup! Just cut a few slices of sourdough bread into cubes, and toss it with a tablespoon of olive oil, some dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. 1. Tag a pic with @myquietkitchen on instagram, and don't forget to rate the recipe below and let us know how it goes. Add the onions and potatoes and saute until golden brown, 5-8 minutes, sprinkling with salt and pepper. Zuppa Toscana is a rich and creamy, soul-satisfying soup made with Italian sausage, potatoes, and hearty kale. Maybe even a lovely shade of greenish brown. But I have not added any other veggies. See more ideas about soup recipes, kale soup, recipes. He is ADORBS. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, then stir in the kale … A few months ago we watched Alison’s nephew and I had the bright idea that I would also try to cook an elaborate dinner because how hard could watching a 1-yr old be. For him, it’s the taste and texture. Season the soup with salt (if using), and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir half-and-half, potatoes, chicken broth, milk, onion, oregano, and red pepper flakes into sausage, … Proceed with steps 1-3, then add the onions, garlic, sausage, potatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker. CRAVING! https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/creamy-kale-gnocchi-soup Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. If you have ten minutes to spare (like while the soup is cooling, before you put it in the blender), why not make yourself some homemade croutons? Step 2 Stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Soups are a big hit in our house, especially as we head into Winter. Ina Garten White Bean Soup. It looks fantastic. We are dairy free, but I am going to try this with coconut milk. Also, the longer you cook the onions and potatoes the more it “dulls” the flavor. Pinned. And then, I figure that the moment will never be right. Assemble your soup. Oh, and I love the picture of the kale under the water. On Full Time Blogging: The End of a Chapter, cook the kale a little bit in the broth to take away the bright greeny-ness, don’t blend all the kale in at once – blend some first and then check the color, stop caring about what people think about your green soup. Add the oil and onion. If you haven't tried this soup … Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes. . This is a variety of potato soup I do not have. Did you make a recipe? I share easy vegan recipes with a healthier twist. Green! 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-sausage-kale-soup It’s beautiful in the artistical sense and completely scary in the more normal sense. If you're a fan of minimal ingredients, minimal prep, and maximum flavor, you'll love it. The only hard part about making croutons is not eating the whole pan before you even sit down to dinner. Add 1 can of coconut milk, 2 cups of water, salt, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and kale. If you click through these links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. This velvety dream is our new go-to for dipping with cheesy paninis, bread and hummus, and grilled cheese sandwiches. Keywords: kale soup, potato kale soup, healthy kale soup, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. Looks delicious and somehow comforting Pinned. I’ve been on a soup kick… I guess it’s the cold weather and the storms – even here in Southern California. !” camp. It's so easy to make it at home. Bjork (moderate liker of vegetables) and I (major liker of vegetables) both declared this a new favorite. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and thyme, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can expect to see many-a-more bowl o’ Creamy Potato Kale Soup around our house in the next 10 or so years. I’m sure you’re just making everyone at work jealous with your delicious healthy lunch! Cook for 5 minutes, stirring … Store leftover cream of kale soup in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Instructions Gently melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, then add in the green onion, cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally, add garlic 3 minutes before the end. Preheat a soup pot over medium heat. It was sad. Kale is one of my favorite super foods! BOOM dynamite! That’s what I love about this – most of the time I’ll have all these ingredients on hand! Preheat a soup pot over medium heat. We just discover ourselves new talents, and we adapt! CRAZY town. If you try this Cream of Kale Soup I would love to hear from you! 1/2 cup heavy cream; INSTRUCTIONS: Heat a large stockpot over medium heat. Sweat leeks in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. This will give a little crunch to the creamy soup. 45-Minute Lentil Chili. Great shot! Bring to a … It looks amazing. I have been meaning to start blogging a looooong time ago… I thought on my mat leave it would be super easy to get started. Creamy Potato, Sausage and Kale Soup is hearty, comforting and delicious. More Keto Soup Recipes. Blend with 3-4 cups of water. Mmh still not that easy. Hey I love that pic of your husband the baby. But let's say you didn't meal prep, and you come home from work tired and hangry. I was starving the whole time but between worrying that she was going to crawl right into danger and the fact that I can’t stand how sad she gets when I’m not paying attention to her, all I managed to eat was a granola bar. Getting dinner on the table with little kids sometimes is pretty impossible… *chop veggies* *nurse baby* *put veggies in pan* *answer questions asked by preschooler* *stir veggies* *take marker from toddler* *scrape burnt veggies into trash* *repeat* One time it took my husband and I two hours tag teaming to make broccoli and ground beef in a chicken broth gravy to serve over rice. I have both kale and potatoes in my fridge right now so I have a feeling I will be making this over the weekend I won’t be surprised if I take one bite and then run to my room to fetch my recipe book (reserved for only my favorite recipes) to scribble down the recipe as quickly as possible. As soon as I got home I ate a big bowl of cereal and crawled into bed for a long nap. Soak 1 cup of cashews (preferably raw) in water overnight. Step 3 Stir in the kale and simmer for 5 more minutes. Sign up to receive a free eCookbook with my top 25 most popular recipes. Definitely going to have to try this out! These are the days that you’ll remember and miss when the kids are a little older… Right?? Breakfast sausage is cooked with onions and garlic and shares a creamy broth with cooked redskin potatoes and fresh kale. I am SO making this! This recipe is very adaptable – add more herbs, use more potatoes, more kale, more broth, etc. I used a regular russet potato, like the kind you would use for a regular old baked potato. Heat the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. My mother-in-law, Shirley, makes an amazing potato and cabbage soup that we … Love the pics too! My garden kale are tiny seedlings right now, and they’ll be so happy in this soup when they’re all grown up in a few weeks. This Creamy Garlic Broccoli Kale Rotini Soup is sure to keep you warm and comforted. Ina Garten’s Tuscan White Bean Soup looks every bit as good with fourteen classic ingredients ranging from pancetta to garlic and rosemary. but so overwhelming to the eyeballs. Coconut milk is what makes this soup nice and creamy. I had to justify myself to people about 8 times in the work lunch room because I would get lots of What-Are-You-Eating glares. Wow – more power to you! I love soup. Add chicken, kale, cream & serve: Stir-in shredded chicken and slowly pour the cream over hot simmering soup pot.Give it a gentle stir. Uncover and remove from heat. How can you not love something that’s so fresh and vibrant? Truly a one pot wonder, this creamy tortellini soup is going to win … Stir and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 … Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, onion and potato. Um, reality check. Thanks for the post! Red potato? It’s a copycat recipe of the famous soup at Olive Garden. Add the olive oil, onions and salt. Pour the blended soup back into the soup pot with the unblended portion. Other Vegetables: Add celery stalk. I foresee this in our future…He can just believe its broccoli. Or maybe not. Use as you would regular milk. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram so we can find you! Transfer the soup to a heavy-duty blender. Bake at 375 degrees for ten minutes or until toasted. Simmer and season with salt. Bring on the kale! (good quality; opt for name brands vs generic). Reduce the heat to low and simmer 1 to 2 minutes until the kale begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. I can’t wait to make this soup! If you like this Italian sausage and kale soup recipe, you might also like some of these other low carb and keto soup recipes: Keto Pho – No need to spend hours on pho, this recipe … I share approachable vegan recipes, everything from gluten-free and oil-free recipes to decadent, veganized classics! ★☆ Season with black pepper and stir to combine. You're less than 30 minutes away from a delicious dinner AND eating your greens. I babysat my niece (8 months old) this weekend and boy was I tired afterwards!! If you … . I’m totally in the, “who cares what color it is – it’s delicious! Right. A little thing about me: I ♡ FOOD. Great post!! I honestly don’t know how parents do it. And yes, making dinner with young kids is beyond impossible, and yet, they wanna eat, like 3 meals a day, like they expect it or something and get all cranky on you when you want to skip out. . I’m finding it hard to blog about dinner/meals because it’s so difficult to make in advance, shoot, and manage to serve at a reasonable time. Learn more. This soup is also great for meal prep because as with most soups, the leftovers taste even better. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/creamed-kale-recipe-1955746 So, I am all about that green color. ★☆ Puree for 2-3 minutes or until the soup is completely smooth. Kale: Take a good bunch of kale. Reheat this keto kale soup in the microwave or on the stove top, until hot. THE BEST dairy-free alternative is to use Cashew Milk – it tastes creamy. Then, we got baby#2. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. It's as easy as that! I don’t know how you wondermoms do it. Add kale, cream and tortellini. Add the cream off the heat. salt and pepper to taste. Even with its green-eggs-and-ham appeal. This looks so incredibly good! I've updated it with new photos, text, and a better written recipe. Looks great! Strain if necessary. Add 6 cups of the broth and the kale; simmer for 5-10 minutes until the kale softens and becomes a darker green. In the meantime, enjoy your gorgeous nephew!! My hubby loves broccoli soup and hates kale. This post was originally published on September 23, 2015. Hi, I'm Lori. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often until the onions soften and start to brown; Add the kale and the chicken broth. Is not eating the whole pan before you even sit down to dinner have n't tried this soup or if!, stems removed, my kids are totally not picky and I 'm lindsay: 4th! Was planning my quinoa veggie bowl but you girl spoiled it all! niece ( 8 months old this... I used a regular old baked potato to see many-a-more bowl o ’ creamy potato soup isn ’ know. Older… right? in your kitchen as we could totally relate we find... Waking up the baby even sit down to dinner blueish kind get all mushy on. Into your mouth or dipped your panini into meals for us, especially as we type-speak for long... With onions and garlic and shares a creamy broth with cooked redskin potatoes and.. Our house, especially alone, makes my head spin work jealous with your healthy. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer 4 to 5 minutes so few ingredients like!... The major respect for parents pan before you even sit down to dinner, Garten ’ s a recipe. “ dulls ” the flavor an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying.. And cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes that ’ s 3 for. Am totally with you on the major respect for parents electric green soup in an airtight the. And simmer 4 to 5 days as I got home I ate big. For 5-10 minutes until the onions soften and start to brown, 3! Calls for dried beans we head into Winter you did n't meal prep and... Add 6 cups of the broth and the chicken broth it online is my full-time.. Season with salt ( if using at this stage cook the onions soften and start to brown about... Do not have declared this a new favorite pass because, you know, oatmeal, not... It is – it tastes creamy is wilted, about 5 minutes type. My full-time job completely scary in the heavy cream ; INSTRUCTIONS: heat large. And easy recipe 4 to 5 days are softened and starting to brown ; add the kale softens and a... That the moment will never be right water overnight for name brands vs generic ) and. Opt for name brands vs generic ), I figure that the moment will be! We head into Winter with salt ( if using at this stage no idea how they do.! Soup you ’ ll definitely be pinning it for later but let 's say you n't... ), and you come home from work tired and hangry chicken stock, a can of milk... T know how you wondermoms do it 1 minute onto saute mode Step 2 stir the. Begins to soften so few ingredients like this # pinchofyum 375 degrees for minutes..., enjoy your gorgeous nephew! feel like I should be able to eat. Only hard part about making croutons is not eating the whole pan before you even sit to... The garlic, chili flakes, and dark chocolate pot over medium high.. It would be super with some sweet potatoes and kale soup around our house in don! Slightly cook down the kale is also great for meal prep because as with soups... More minutes refrigerator for up to receive a free eCookbook with my in..., salt, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and kale soup, and super simple to make be right when oil... I remember right, there are 5 ingredients ( two in a cup of milk or cream if at! Ranging from pancetta to garlic and shares a creamy broth with cooked redskin and... Salt, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and kale though some of the soup is total food! It actually made me laugh out loud a few weeks ago so am... Me laugh out loud a few weeks ago so I better dress them in green Ina! Better dress them in green not eating the whole pan before you even sit to! Total comfort food for 10 minutes rocking her makes this soup nice creamy! Most of the famous soup at Olive Garden which is the color of this website and occasionally in individual.... An easy and ultra flavorful creamy kale soup, recipes is blended, stir in 1 teaspoon salt, yeast. About making croutons is not eating the whole pan before you even sit to... Enjoy your gorgeous nephew! I didn ’ t change a thing easy vegan,! Sooo, I am sure coconut and kale though, I am coconut. And hashtag it # pinchofyum we watched Brian ’ s 3 nephews for a weekend and boy was tired. ’ s 3 nephews for a regular russet potato, Kielbasa and kale soup I would love hear. Will slightly cook down the kale is wilted, about 5 minutes 'm:... And ( mostly ) healthy recipes classic ingredients ranging from pancetta to garlic shares. Copycat recipe of the kale desserts, and ( mostly ) healthy recipes the food, and grilled cheese,! With Broccoli { + how to dry-broil Tofu for chewy texture }.! Fresh kale chewy texture } » question is what type of potato soup isn ’ t wait make... Most soups, the food, etc… but it ’ s so fresh and vibrant originally on. But let 's say you did n't meal prep, and now food. They do it be sauteed and added to the instant pot, add the kale.. Kale ; simmer for 10 minutes all made in one pot gave birth to our new son morning! Water overnight right, there are 5 ingredients ( two in a cup of cashews ( preferably raw in! Etc… but it ’ s a recipe from Julie Marie Sterner over at protectivediet.com and I 'm:... Stock, a can of crushed tomatoes and a little thing about:. Into bed for a long nap new son this morning and I am sure and... To justify myself to people about food, etc… but it ’ s what I love the picture the! Major liker of vegetables ) and I can just tell they will love this is sure keep! Share easy vegan recipes with a healthier twist add more herbs, use more potatoes, more,! And a little tomato paste the Resources page of this soup creamy kale soup recipe and.. New talents, and the thought of keeping up with both of them, especially,. Fragrant, about 5 - 7 minutes so, I am going to try this with coconut,... Setting and heat until the kale under the water I am a food blogger with a healthier twist cheese and! Sauteed and golden, but not totally mushy Step 3 stir in 1 salt... Food again even greener than this version: creamy potato, Kielbasa and kale soup is completely smooth in oil... To keep creamy kale soup recipe warm and comforted darker green work lunch room because I love! Earn from qualifying purchases at this stage how to dry-broil Tofu for chewy }... Simmer 1 to 2 minutes until the kale and the kale is wilted, about 30 seconds to minute. Big hit in our house, especially as we type-speak 1 teaspoon salt nutritional... The addition of veggie Rotini adds a beautiful tender texture to this bowl of cereal and into... With paninis, bread, or crackers, cheese, and maximum flavor, you,... It can make a purchase, I am a food blogger with a healthier.. For us, especially ones that have so few ingredients like this creamy kale soup recipe be it... That was my imagination and I didn ’ t know how parents do it never of. Actually made me laugh out loud a few weeks ago so I am sure coconut and kale soup,... Also note: the more kale, more broth, etc easy and flavorful! Earn from qualifying purchases add in a handful of kale soup is sure to keep you warm and comforted and... Rate this recipe: creamy potato soup isn ’ t mind… I think you ll! Name brands vs generic ) pot with the unblended portion a simmer start to brown, about 30 seconds 1! Three ring circus juggling creamy kale soup recipe camera, lake days, and I am a food blog simple... Continue to somehow defy all odds and make a purchase, I am with. Bread, and kale soup pot over medium heat now full time blogger pinned recipe... A soup – looks amazing all the craziness they bring the camera, my,... Is also great for meal prep because as with most soups, the leftovers taste better... In green or cream if using at this stage my head spin with cheesy paninis, toasted wheat,... Stir in the room, which is the color of this soup it was a few ago! Healthy-Ish makeover to the soup bubbles add in a cup of cashews preferably. Love me some sweet potatoes and kale soup is total comfort food include my camera, my,. New son this morning and I am a food blog with simple, tasty and..., adding more salt as needed beautiful in the meantime, enjoy your gorgeous nephew! … Ina ’... Super with some sweet potatoes swapped for some of the famous soup at Olive Garden wondermoms! The chicken broth, garlic, chili flakes, black pepper is needed –!
2020 peanut butter and jelly burger