This line is very simple, but the concept is slightly more complex. This tutorial is a basic introduction to python. We'd love to connect with you on any of the following social media platforms. I want given number is palindrome or not program by … For example factorial of 4 is 24 (1 x 2 x 3 x 4). while expression: statement(s) Here, statement(s) may be a single statement or a block of statements. So if there is NOT a remainder then i does go into our number evenly. We need to check if i goes into number evenly! Your email address will not be published. We will also need the modulus operator. Compile and run with the following command. First, while loop to run numbers from 1 to 100 and second while loop is to check the current number is prime or not. It's a general method to find prime numbers. increase the value of ‘i’ by one. For example: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17 etc. In order to code in python all you need a text editor. This loop will run while i is less than number, adding 1 to i each time. Lets modify our loop now. That line will produce the following result. For example, 1 is not a prime number since it has only 1 divisor. When the if condition fails, directly it will print as the number is not prime until checking up to the last value. The loop runs until i <= num/2. If the positive integer has at least an other divisor rather than 1 and itself, this number is called as a composite number, In this case number 1 is neither a prime number nor a composite number. The users number is now stored in a variable and can be used throughout our program. 4. A loop will run a chunk of code over and over, either for a certain number of times or until a parameter is met. Here is the modified Python source code for the prime number checker program, And below screenshot from the Jupyter notebook shows the output of the Python prime number checker program for the range of integers between 83 and 100. "); i = i + 1 if toggle == 0: print ("Your number is a prime number! 3 is a prime number because its divisor numbers are 1 and 3. If the number is divisible by any number, then the function will return False. To Learn more about working of While Loops read: How To Construct While Loops In Python; Creating A Guessing Game In Python; We create an elif condition. A Prime Number is a number which is greater than 1 and divisible by 1 and only itself. I guess it should be out of while loop and should be under if else after while completion with the comparison of toggle value, #!/usr/bin/python var=input() a=2 toggle=0 while(a
2020 prime number program in python using while loop