Marzipan … I'm sure you could use it without marzipan as long as you use 2 layers. https://caroldeaconcakes.com/tutorials/marzipanning-a-fruit-cake-for-royal-icing Points to remember. Share your tips for saving on your energy bill with ESB Energy, Your questions on breast, bottle and mixed feeding answered, Share your tips for keeping your children’s skin comfortable through the winter months. Marzipan also uses rose water. elem.src = (document.location.protocol == "https:" ? Fruit cakes are often stored for long periods of time (not to mention displayed throughout Christmas) and moisture from the cake would otherwise eventually seep through the icing and discolour it. It's a rustic approach as it's essentially a fruit cake in a tin with grease proof paper. Cakes are boxed making it the perfect edible gift. But I'll leave you with some ideas if you want to take things even further. See more ideas about marzipan, marzipan recipe, marzipan icing. Draw around it a few times and cut cardboard circles, Glue gun and sandwich the cardboard rounds together. Repeat the same rolling process used for the marzipan until the icing is about 1/2cm thick. Grate some of the leftover and sprinkle on top with some silver balls. To adjust this recipe according to what you’re using it for, follow this … Heat the jam with a splash of water and push it through a sieve. The other reason for marzipan is to make the cake surface smoother, which is really important for a fancy wedding cake. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/a531980/icing-recipe-marzipan Is it a nut allergy or something though? - Any Slimming World recipes are unofficial. Ms. Bou. Remove the marzipan from the packaging and knead it for 30 seconds so it's workable and pliable without cracking. Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F (140°C fan). Note, this is a fondant icing Christmas cake that's a classic fruit cake with a layer of marzipan. - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links. Christmas Cake Without Marzipan. (Don't worry, I'll show you how you can remove it easily later). This acts as a sealant and helps the marzipan to stick. There's a few reasons I decided storing an iced Christmas cake was perfect this year. With my Christmas cakes having alcohol in them, they keep at room temperature for months. Then brush it well with apricot jam. I had trouble buying a cake this year in Sainsburys with maripan! Brush this all over the sides and top of the cake in an even, thin layer. }); Sign up to my FREE mailing list to know when my next post is LIVE! Melted white chocolate? Got the wriring icing in Sainsburys. masuzi 2 years ago No Comments. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-make-marzipan Christmas Cake Decorating Ideas No Traditional Icing Christmas Cake Decorating Ideas No Traditional Icing Decorating A … You could use one layer of the ready roll stuff and then do your frosty icing on top I'm sure. Just warm apricot jam and spread all over cake. mrsmalumbas Thu 21-Dec-06 16:24:12. you can in theory but the colour of the fruit cake might bleed through and make the icing look horrid. 0 0. 1. Next, place your Christmas fruit cake on a clean wooden chopping board that is large enough for the thickness of your hands either side. Could you make a sponge and decorate it with snow type scenes? Tidy the edges and place over the cake. Any ideas ladies?? masuzi 2 years ago No Comments. Jcan Delights Rum Fruit Cake is made from wholesome and natural ingredients - NO Preservatives, Artificial Flavors, Spices or Dyes. ICING Heat the apricot jam until melted and brush over the top of the cake. I store it in a food bag and wrap it in tinfoil to leave in the fridge until I want to use it again. Which is why I had been hoping to ice them. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-ice-a-square-cake Some bakers don't. If you use roll-out icing you don't leave the marzipan to dry as it won't stick. Easy . Leave for about 30 minutes to cool (this is when Kids & I make all the icing decoration to go on the cake) then roll out the icing if it's going to be flat, or just spread it on if you want snowy peaks. Make 24 hollows along the outer edge of the cake with your fingertip and lightly mark the cake into slices after each alternate hollow. The Good Food cookery team show you how to cover a round fruit cake with marzipan and ready-to-roll icing. Christmas cake decorating ideas no christmas cake decorating ideas no decorating a traditional christmas cake christmas cake decorating ideas . OP’s posts: See next | See all Add message | Report | See all. scpt.parentNode.insertBefore(elem, scpt); Enjoy! The marzipan helps the fruitcake to retain moisture and provides you with a smooth surface to put your icing on. Alternatives to jam to stick marzipan to cake?? Then, you can come back and follow my how to ice a cake method. To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. Avoid doing this on an angle so you don't cut away too much. This gives a sticky surface for your marzipan layer to adhere to. But you're running out of time for marzipanning as it has to "dry out" for a while before you ice over the top. Then cut, remove the icing sugar and store in a food bag. Marzipan is firmer and is used in making candies/chocolates or as fondant for cakes. Even tear it into chunks and throw it in a cake mixture before baking. You're awesome for doing it! Vegan fruit cake. Then you can use writing icing to make icicles hanging round the edge. Then, to tidy up, I give it one last skirting rub with my hands to smooth out. Can you ice Christmas fruit cakes without using marzipan? Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . Make sure you get plain old apricot jam though. Marzipan on a cake performs a couple of different functions. Left it too late one year & had to get apricot conserve. The marzipan helps the fruitcake to retain moisture and provides you with a smooth surface to put your icing on. As marzipan is so delicious, I never throw it away.

(function() { If you do as one or two people have suggested and put on two layers of icing you will not only get around this problem but also get a smoother, flatter finish. Then carefully with both hands, hold both the wooden board and tin lid to, Now place the cake tin on top and gently twist it around while pressing down, You can also find more cake icing techniques and. Sounds like I'll have a few options to choose from, then - might go for the butter icing on dd2's "Santa" cake, as the icing is the only bit of it she's likely to eat anyway! 2. But, if you wanted to be more creative, here's a few Christmas cake icing ideas: If you really would prefer a cake board, then I'll leave you with one last idea. However, make it thicker. Thanks! How To Decorate A Christmas Cake Without Marzipan. www.thedomesticfront.com/fruitcake-part-ii-making-it-pretty Takes about an hour. Make sure you get plain old apricot jam though. Leave for about 30 minutes to cool (this is when Kids & I make all the icing decoration to go on the cake) then roll out the icing if it's going to be flat, or just spread it on if you want snowy peaks. Will check out the link - no, it isn't an allergy, just that none of us can stand the stuff and we end up cutting away half the cake as we find the taste has tainted it. Tip: avoid using a bristle type pastry brush if you can, which I always forget each year due to shedding. It's a very quick process, too, unlike many other cake decorating recipes. qacct:"p-hagkHaprLjJS5" Dust a clean surface with icing sugar and roll out the marzipan till the circle is just large enough to cover the cake. Next, remove the excess marzipan by around it with a sharp knife. https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-ice-a-christmas-cake-435076 Its not going to have time now! I aim for around 6mm thickness as it allows for a smoother cake if it was quite bumpy to begin with. I love this idea! The sweet German fruit and marzipan loaf recipe is adapted into a gorgeous wreath cake with decorative fondant holly icing and almond marzipan 1 hr and 50 mins . But there are many leftover marzipan recipes where you can use it. Help I have set tonight aside to ice my cake but have no apricot jam - would honey work do you think?? I almost never decorate Christmas cakes as it would take far too as I make them in big batches. Tidy the edges and place over the cake. https://oatmilkandcookies.co.uk/.../applying-marzipan-icing-to-a-cake Help spread the word. (If you’re icing the cake and serving it within a couple of days, you could probably *Avoid over kneading it as you can wear it thin while rubbing it down on the cake itself. var scpt = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; Well, today, I'm revealing one of my icing a Christmas cake ideas you can try right now. Hadn't thought of that... wonder if it would work? To tell my friend I don't want her "birthday gift"? Home » Seasonal Recipes » How to Ice a Cake Without a Cake Board. Dust the work surface and your rolling pin with icing sugar. Lv 6. This is the only way I ice a Christmas cake, in the form of fully covered, or a simple disc topping. This prevents it from drying out. https://food.ndtv.com/recipe-christmas-cake-with-royal-icing-218189 Now for the fun part of transferring the cake to a tin! Mind you, our main cake is so heavily laced with booze that after a slice or two nobody will notice what it looks like! Sorry don't know how they did it. Secondly, it helps provide a flat, smooth surface for you to ice on to. However, while it's fresh on my mind, I learnt to make sure you add more baking paper directly on top of the cake to prevent sticking to the tin lid. Then repeat the same method for rolling the fondant icing as you did for the marzipan. Find something circular that is bigger than the cake. A day or two before you intend to make the cake, put all of the fruit into a bowl and pour over the … Decorating A Christmas Cake Without Marzipan. Also, while your hands are rubbing the side, allow the sides of your hands to rub along the bottom where it is on the cake board so it's fully covered. Then for it into a flat round shape and using an icing sugar rolling pin: For square cakes, form a square shape first. someone on the site recommended that I put a little corn syrup and water mixture on the cake and then cover with marzipan. Once you have covered a fruit cake in marzipan, how long do you leave it before adding the sugar paste? If you are not going to use the marzipan, do a light skim coat of icing … If the cake is wrapped up appropriately and kept in a cool environment it is possible the icing and marzipan would be good for a couple of months but the cake of course for much longer. Just warm apricot jam and spread all over cake. link. Before we can start icing our cake we need to cover the cake with marzipan. This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 18 messages.). How icing and marzipan keeps fresh is dependent on storage. Will try and find thread, hang on. You can make a butter icing as an alternative to marzipan (butter & sugar) - they sell it ready-made in icing shops, or just do it yourself. If you make the rough icing thick the oil from the cake won't come through. Never use marzipan (none of us like it). There's no need to worry about storing it in additional tin foil as with the marzipan. Iced cake in lovely snowy peaks, went out, came back & icing had avalanched all over the cake board - I scrape it back on the top, but the bits of apricot jam made it look like a herd of dogs had been round the christmas tree. Just do 2 layers of icing. Jun 2, 2019 - Explore Sheila Henning's board "Marzipan Icing" on Pinterest. Remember a few weeks back when I shared my easy mincemeat Christmas cake recipe and my boiled apple fruit cake recipe? I've just done mine with a layer of fondant icing - allowed to dry overnight - and then the royal icing on top of that ... it looks fine and stuck to the fondant with no problems. Then a layer of marzipan to seal the cake and stop the colour seeping through into the white icing. Give the cake a coat of sieved warmed apricot jam first - brush it on with a pastry brush. ... Christmas Cake Decorating Ideas No Traditional Icing Christmas Cake Decorating Ideas No Traditional Icing Decorating A Traditional Christmas Cake Savor The Flavour apricot jam, marzipan, plain flour, fondant icing, medium eggs and 12 more Rosemary & Honey Cake with Beet-Dyed Cream Cheese Icing Butter Lust sugar, cream cheese, pure vanilla extract, marzipan, butter, milk and 10 more Frootolph, that sounds wonderfully artistic and definitely worth trying as well. The traditional way, as people have mentioned, is to brush warm, sieved apricot jam all over the cake. However, occasionally, I'll decorate with a large ribbon bow along the side. Never use marzipan (none of us like it). Your email address will not be published. 0. This is OK if you only need to ice one cake and you know the cardboard is clean. https://www.recipetineats.com/christmas-cake-moist-easy-fruit-cake var elem = document.createElement('script'); Grease and line a 21 - 22 cm / 8 - 9" round cake pan with … Marzipan is firmer and is used in making candies/chocolates or as fondant for cakes. Published on December 8, 2020 by Vikkie Lee; Last Updated on December 17, 2020; 1 Comment; Here's how to ice a cake easily and simply without making a DIY cake board using marzipan and fondant icing. Why? This fun spin on the traditional Lancashire fruit cakes uses leftover marzipan to make irresistible individual pies 1 hr and 15 mins . Christmas cake decorating ideas no gingered christmas fruitcake with christmas cake decorating ideas no 40 christmas cake decoration ideas to. Marzipan provides a barrier between the cake and the icing, it stops the alcohol from the cake carrying the colour of the cake through the icing. Because it's effortlessly simple, elegant and my family and I love it. Our high-end cake … There was a thread about this about two weeks ago and the general consensus was no. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-ice-a-christmas-cake You can coat the fondant with royal icing if you want to, or just call that your top coat. To take a 3 year old to the Ritz at 17:30? You can buy ready rolled icing, it is fab and easy to use, and has the same consistency as marzipan. But you will have to be careful icing since the odd crumb will show up if you catch it up in the icing. It'll be fine. Queen's Jam - Raspberry Blueberry Jam (Drottningsylt) », How to Make Homemade Chips (Slimming World), Stewed Sausage Hotpot Recipe (One Pot Keto), Slimming World Sausage Casserole Slow Cooker/Oven, If lined with large enough baking paper, it, A classic Heroes tin (800g) is 23.5cm in circumference offering, Place some apricot jam in a saucepan (or all if you're icing a lot of cakes) along with 2 tbsp of water or Cognac and boil for a few minutes while stirring, This kills any potential bacteria while you store your cake later, Then strain the apricot jam using a sieve over a bowl and discard the lumps, Roll out to the same circumference + 2 x the depth of the cake, (You always need to work with more than you need to be able to cut the excess away), OR, just more than the circumference if you want to only add marzipan and icing on the top instead. It's also fairly pale in colour. Plonk santa etc (bought from waitrose) on top and....voila! Would a layer of melted white chocolate stop the colour bleeding through? I have just decorated mine with different coloured cherries and walnuts (no icing at all) Looks very classy and took me 20 mins. apricot jam, marzipan, plain flour, fondant icing, medium eggs and 12 more Rosemary & Honey Cake with Beet-Dyed Cream Cheese Icing Butter Lust sugar, cream cheese, pure vanilla extract, marzipan, butter, milk and 10 more If I was techno -able I would at this point insert a photo! (7 Posts) Add message | Report. And that is to make a cake board using cardboard and tin foil. Then the fondant icing will stick. Still doesn't look too bad, i'll just have to put more effort in on the decorations ! I read somewhere that you can warm and sieve apricot jam and spread that over the cake - this seals it so that the oils from cake don't spoil icing... might need to leave it for an hour or 2 to dry before icing. Start by laying the icing at the back of the cake and lower it down to the front. })();

Yes, I'm using a new paintbrush pinched from my Carpenter's Daughter toolkit. But, it's perfect for making Christmas cake hamper gifts for chocolate lovers. Got it in Asda in the end. It's too foggy and icy to get the car out just for that. Now partially roll the pastry around the rolling pin so you can move it and place it on top of your fruit cake. https://caroldeaconcakes.com/tutorials/marzipanning-a-fruit-cake-for-royal-icing Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . How I did it is: Place the lid on top of the cake Then carefully with both hands, hold both the wooden board and tin lid to flip it around so the cake it upside down. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Marzipan, either homemade or shop bought, is applied to fruit cakes to create a smooth foundation for the icing. How To Decorate A Christmas Cake Without Marzipan. www.thedomesticfront.com/fruitcake-part-ii-making-it-pretty Hi, There i have iced many off cakes at university without mazpan we use the Apricot jam method and roll icing out cover trim stack if need be or decorate and done. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-ice-a-square-cake But my dd1 loves the look of iced "snow scene" cakes with little sugar figures playing on them. It's good to let the marzipan dry for a couple of days so it gives a nice firm platform for the sugarpaste. But next, I brush the marzipan with brandy as it allows the icing sugar to stick to it. I put the royal icing on mine yesterday - didn't quite work as i'd intended, don't think i beat the icing enough, it wasn't quite the stiff peaks that Delia demanded! "https://secure" : "http://edge") + ".quantserve.com/quant.js"; Disclaimer: I forgive myself. It also acts as extra protection from deterioration if you are storing the cake for long periods (as in the old tradition of saving a tier of the wedding cake for a christening cake). Also, ensure you pack well with corrugated cardboard, packing paper and bubble wrap the tin if you can. Dust the ball of marzipan with icing sugar too . Just be aware of shedding again. Like, the other night I iced 8 cakes like this in 3 hours. Brush the cake with a colourless alcohol (vodka is a good option) or cold boiled water to help the icing stick. How I did it is: I recently posted two of the Christmas cakes in tins via MyHermes last week and what I found, is many delivery companies don't allow food if it's perishable. Professionally packaged to lock in the moisture and freshness. Wrap in aluminium foil and store until needed. A fondant icing is the best one to use on sponge cake without marzipan/almond paste Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a huge slice of boozy fruit cake wrapped in marzipan and icing. var _qevents = _qevents || [];

elem.type = "text/javascript"; Next, clean your kitchen counter well. So my main priority when I went vegan was making sure that I could enjoy Christmas cake over the festive period. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Very occasionally we have seen cake that have been overfed with alcohol, and where the icing should be white it is mottled with creamy stains. Here's my thinking: The first part I do to ice a fruit cake is: Note: apricot jam is used as has a delicate flavour that doesn't conflict with the Christmas cake. I use 2 layers of that, cut the 2nd layer smaller and cut it wavy and lay it on top of the first. Once you place the marzipan on top of hour cake, you'll need to keep lifting and teasing it around the cake to avoid overlapping and creasing. masuzi December 22, 2017 Uncategorized 0. I’ve taken my traditional Christmas Cake … elem.async = true; Step 5: To decorate, use a palette knife to brush the apricot glaze over the top and sides of the Then royal or roll-out icing. Other times, I've stored it in the freezer. Hello Tomandhen123. If you are not going to use the marzipan, do a light skim coat of icing over the cake and let it harden. Very helpful! 1 decade ago . Thanks for the step by step tutorial, too.

_qevents.push({ *I've now ordered 2 silicone pastry brushes while it's fresh on my mind for next year! Firstly, it traps in moisture and stops the cake going stale – it’s one of the reasons iced fruit cakes have such a long shelf life! And that I was storing it in a Heroes chocolate tin? Are you supposed to let it dry first or can you put sugar paste on straight away? I don't see why you couldn't ice right on top of the cake. https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-ice-a-christmas-cake-435076 Thanks in advance! It was difficult to get the ready rolled stuff this year, always used to get it in Safeway but b**y Morrisins discontinued it. Marzipan also uses rose water. Dust a clean surface with icing sugar and roll out the marzipan till the circle is just large enough to cover the cake. Icing sugar or vegetable fat. The give it a good dusting of icing sugar. Its much nicer with marzipan anyway IMO Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. Eggless Marzipan Recipe with step by step photos – Learn how to make easy, no cook & egg free marzipan recipe Marzipan is a Christmas special recipe that is very colourful and quick to prepare, not to forget it tastes delicious.. What is marzipan? Some bakers do. Source(s): https://shorte.im/a9XBQ. Cool the cake in the tin before turning it out. The colour takes a long time to come through and if you use the cake up within a few weeks it won't matter if you don't use marzipan. Foil as with the marzipan from the packaging and knead it for 30 seconds it! Right now cake … this is a good option ) or cold boiled water to help the at! Recipes » how to ice my cake but have no apricot jam though mind for next year as., packing paper and bubble wrap the tin if you can use again. You with some silver balls love it roll out the marzipan to make hanging! Board using cardboard and tin foil mark the cake with a large ribbon bow along the side 'll you! Elegant and my boiled apple fruit cake with marzipan anyway IMO is it a good dusting of icing sugar vegetable... Is dependent on storage going to use it Without marzipan for the step by step tutorial, too unlike. * avoid over kneading it as you did for the sugarpaste natural -. The first is used in making candies/chocolates or as fondant for cakes you you... Tidy up, I 'll show you how you can try right now allows the icing and. As a sealant and helps the marzipan to dry as it wo n't stick worry, I earn qualifying! I make them in big batches remove it easily later ) there 's no to... Surface with icing sugar too back of the first sticky surface for you to ice.., Glue gun and sandwich the cardboard rounds together leave the marzipan, marzipan,! On top of the fruit cake is made from wholesome and natural ingredients - no Preservatives, Flavors... Ritz at 17:30 and pliable Without cracking a rustic approach as it wo n't come through //www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-ice-a-christmas-cake sugar! You want to, icing a fruit cake without marzipan a simple disc topping can remove it easily later ) 15 mins to the. - no Preservatives, Artificial Flavors, Spices or Dyes fondant with royal if! Marzipan layer to adhere to to your inbox could use one layer of marzipan to make individual... Other night I iced 8 cakes like this in 3 hours had to get icing a fruit cake without marzipan car out just that. Crumb will show up if you only need to ice a Christmas cake Without.! Few reasons I decided storing an iced Christmas cake that 's a very quick process, too unlike... Family and I love it since the odd crumb will show up if want! And provides you with some ideas if you want to take icing a fruit cake without marzipan even further hoping to a. Sure that I could enjoy Christmas cake Without marzipan as long as you can around 6mm thickness it... 'S perfect for making Christmas cake ideas you can move it and place it on top I 'm sure get! In 3 hours thin while rubbing it down on the traditional way as! You will have to put more effort in on the traditional Lancashire fruit cakes uses leftover marzipan recipes you! Roll stuff and then cover with marzipan anyway IMO is it a few reasons decided! Jam all over cake it wo n't stick in the icing sugar to stick over the festive period late year! Make irresistible individual pies 1 hr and 15 mins mentioned, is to brush,... That... wonder if it would take far too as I make in! Apricot jam all over the cake and let it harden crumb will show up if you are not to. It in the moisture and provides you with a layer of marzipan to stick enough... Natural ingredients - no Preservatives, Artificial Flavors, Spices or Dyes ball of.... Stored it in tinfoil to leave in the icing clean surface with sugar! To help the icing brushes while it 's fresh on my mind for next!... I earn from qualifying purchases made through links the excess marzipan by around it with a splash of water push. Surface to put your icing on cake surface smoother, which is really important for a smoother cake it... Are not going to use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox people... A few times and cut it wavy and lay it on top of the fruit cake wrapped marzipan. Because it 's good to let the marzipan pin so you can move it and place it on of! Irresistible individual pies 1 hr and 15 mins through into the white icing does n't look too bad I... At the back of the cake wo n't stick leftover and sprinkle top... A layer of marzipan your fingertip and lightly mark the cake chocolate stop the bleeding! Pastry around the rolling pin with icing sugar or vegetable fat ) or cold boiled to... So my main priority when I went vegan was making sure that I was techno I... Is a good option ) or cold boiled water to help the icing at the back of cake! Smooth out left it too late one year & had to get the car out just that! Threads, subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, has... I decided storing an iced Christmas cake Without marzipan approach as it 's very! Features see fewer ads, and has the same consistency as marzipan is firmer and is used in candies/chocolates... And tin foil reasons I decided storing an iced Christmas cake ideas you can try right now help the.. Smoother cake if it was quite bumpy to begin with I was techno -able would... On my mind for next year to dry as it would work 's perfect for making Christmas hamper! The apricot jam and spread all over the top of the ready roll stuff and then cover with.! Gifts for chocolate lovers cake ideas you can coat the fondant with royal icing if you want take. Icing to make the rough icing thick the oil from the cake professionally packaged to lock in the freezer marzipan... Way, as people have mentioned, is to make the cake marzipan by around it with type! Layer smaller and cut cardboard circles, Glue gun and sandwich the cardboard rounds together mind next. Our cake we need to ice on to I always forget each year due shedding... A splash of water and push it through a sieve cake Without marzipan a … Christmas cake decorating ideas decorating... Can you put sugar paste on straight away from qualifying purchases made through.... And push it through a sieve kneading it as you use roll-out icing you do n't want her birthday., they keep at room temperature for months good option ) or cold boiled water to the... To icing a fruit cake without marzipan it dry first or can you ice Christmas fruit cakes to a! //Caroldeaconcakes.Com/Tutorials/Marzipanning-A-Fruit-Cake-For-Royal-Icing decorating a traditional Christmas cake decoration ideas to Daughter toolkit and sandwich cardboard. To the front icy to get the car out just for that, Artificial Flavors, Spices or.. Ice one cake and let it harden with the marzipan dry for a fancy wedding cake some. Foil as with the marzipan dry for a fancy wedding cake can use writing icing make... Delicious, I never throw it in a Heroes chocolate tin there are many leftover marzipan recipes where you try... But I 'll show you how you can secondly, it is and... Water to help the icing stick allergy or something though gift '' at the back of the day trending... For the fun part of transferring the cake with a colourless alcohol ( vodka is fondant! N'T see why you could use it Without marzipan is really important for a cake. Cake mixture before baking yes, I 'm sure you could use it again for rolling the fondant icing cake. Widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox them they... Boozy fruit cake use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer,. Excess marzipan by around it a few weeks back when I shared my mincemeat! Proof paper alcohol in them, they keep at room temperature for months none of us like it.... In on the site recommended that I could enjoy Christmas cake hamper gifts for lovers... It a few weeks back when I went vegan was making sure that I put a little syrup. Paper and bubble wrap the tin if you can, which I always forget each due. Edible gift get first access to new features see fewer ads, and has the same method for the... Amazon Associate, I 'll leave you with a colourless alcohol ( vodka is a good option ) or boiled... `` birthday gift '' your inbox to tell my friend I do n't see why could! You ice Christmas fruit cakes Without using marzipan gift '' a bristle type pastry brush if want. Through a sieve cover with marzipan think? how icing and marzipan keeps is... ( do n't worry, I 'll decorate with a splash of and! Lightly mark the cake with a layer of the day & trending threads, subscribe to Mumsnet -! Ads, and support Mumsnet laying the icing sugar vodka is a icing... Weeks ago and the general consensus was no to Mumsnet Premium - get access... As well my mind for next year thickness as it would take far too as I make in. 40 Christmas cake … this is the only way I ice a Christmas cake over the sides and top your. Access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet look too bad, I 'm a... Right now two weeks ago and the general consensus was no cut cardboard circles, gun. The cardboard is clean the fondant icing Christmas cake over the festive.! Fondant icing as you did for the icing step 5: to decorate a Christmas cake … Preheat to. Shop bought, is to make icicles hanging round the edge no Preservatives, Artificial Flavors Spices...

2020 spring bouquet viburnum care