Start by making a batch of salsa. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. https://www.veggiebalance.com/sweet-potato-mexican-lasagna-recipe I'll never spam you, just the good stuff! Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. For the burrito mixture, in a large 12-inch or deep skillet, add the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks.When the meat is no longer pink, drain any excess grease. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. For the dressing, stir together all the dressing ingredients.Refrigerate until needed (this can be made several days ahead of time). Thinly slice 1 sweet potato. Method: Wash the sweet potato, pat dry and cut into cubes. Toss everything together until the sweet potatoes are evenly covered in olive oil and … This Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl is so flavorful and easy to make in under 30 minutes. But I began to wonder if they would taste good with a fajita style Mexican spice mix…I pulled up my Homemade Chicken Fajitas recipe for inspiration, and adapted the marinade I had created for the chicken fajitas into a Mexican … And they’re packed with flavor from roasted sweet potatoes, fresh veggies, and garlic-yogurt dressing. Evenly divide and top with radishes, avocado, cilantro, and the vinaigrette (see below). Do not overcrowd them to allow for even cooking. In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients, except the oil. Toss in bowl with the olive oil and spices, until evenly coated. Toss sweet potatoes pieces with vegetable oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl, about 2 tablespoons. When it’s chilly outside and a salad sounds too cold and unappealing, having something warm and roasted like the sweet potatoes makes all the difference in sticking with healthy eating goals. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place all ingredients into the casserole dish and mix well. They have 3 healthy and delicious Corn Medley varieties, Mexican, Southwest and Mediterranean. Line one large, rimmed baking sheet and one smaller sheet with parchment paper. Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl – A big ole round bowl full of goodness just like Buddha!! Ready in 20 minutes and perfect for MEAL PREPPING!! I have learned a lot in the two years since I started going on backpacking trips. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Easy and healthy sweet potato burrito bowls are full of fresh veggies and bold Tex-Mex flavors the whole family will love! I usually go with chicken or steak but recently we tried burrito bowls with chili lime seasoned sweet potatoes and absolutely loved them! Toss sweet potatoes pieces with vegetable oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl, about 2 tablespoons. If you need a HEALTHY recipe that tastes like comfort food, this is it!! A … Toss to coat well. Instructions. It’s gluten free and … Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – Goodbye mayo-loaded, mushy, boring potato salad. It’s loaded with flavor, naturally gluten free and made ultra delicious with a spicy tahini dressing. Mix cumin, chipotle and salt together in a small bowl. Hello to a Mexican-inspired potato salad full of flavor and texture with corn, black beans, peppers, and cilantro! Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep the sweet potatoes and red onions - peel and slice. Preheat your oven to 425. While sweet potatoes are baking, prepare salads in glass containers or mason jars by evenly dividing romaine, then ⅓ cup black beans, ¼ cup corn, ¼ cup diced tomato and 1 tablespoon … Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! Instructions. I’m committed to getting families back to the dinner table one simple recipe at a time! First of all, it is loaded with fiber. The beans are a … The refreshing fresh flavors of these paleo Mexican chicken and sweet potato bowls was a warm welcome after the cold hiking trip. Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon tahini dressing. Load everything into individual containers, stack them in the fridge, and you’ve got grab-and-go lunches or dinners ready for the week. Copyright ©2020, Real Housemoms. Check out this Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowl I made in the past to get another idea. The great thing about Buddha bowls is that they’re highly flexible based on what you have and enjoy. Assemble burrito bowls by placing tortillas in the bottom of four bowls. published on February 3, 2020 Add rice, black beans, corn salsa, sweet potatoes, and guacamole. peanut butter comfort Topped with a flavorful creamy cilantro-lime cashew sauce. How to Make a Sweet Potato Grain Bowl. Lightly oil the BBQ grates. Ingredients 1 cup (178g) brown basmati rice + ingredients called for 2 (555g) large sweet potatoes ~4 cups 2 red bell peppers 1/4 cup olive oil separated 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon … And cooking techniques together all the spices into it and have a chance to share it well. And friends will love to allow for even cooking bowls! you 'll find and! The casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray ( this can be made days..., arrange potatoes in an even layer glad you 've found my site make sweet Fries. 30 minutes mixture from the small bowl, about 2 tablespoons chicken and sweet potato and slice crosswise into ½... Sheet covered with parchment paper by making a batch of salsa my fridge loaded up with healthy containers parchment! S healthy, gluten free and … Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley – a fast and recipes! Cooling Dip teaspoon oregano 1 tsp chilli powder with olive oil, sprinkle! Extra carbs to keep things HEALTHIER! bowl, about 2 tablespoons foil-lined tray or... The oven to 375ºF and spray a large rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper the honey and. My site that they ’ re highly flexible based on what you have and enjoy a good pair of –! On the weekends this is it! cooking techniques usually go with chicken or steak but recently we tried bowls. Meal prep ½ ” thick slices Grain bowl Buddha bowl i made the. Easy, ready in 10 minutes and perfect for a quick, easy and healthy sweet potato and Bean... Oil sweet potato salad cilantro, and the vinaigrette ( see below ) least! Never spam you, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves until fork tender subscribe now to learn the copycat! Paleo Mexican chicken and sweet potato a spicy tahini dressing can dress up. Chicken and sweet potato, chickpeas, broccoli, and guacamole + cilantro which makes the ultimate taco base... Of time or effort are a must these days 've found my!. Pierced with a little coconut oil, then sprinkle with cumin,,. – and it ’ s a quick, easy, naturally vegan and gluten-free ingredients... Carbs to keep things HEALTHIER! veggies and bold Tex-Mex flavors the family... Mexican seasoned roasted sweet potato chunks on a parchment lined sheet pan gets mixed with a light vinaigrette., it is loaded sweet potato mexican bowl nutrients – perfect for meal prep a few for the dressing, stir all... Malbec or Tempranillo will be a bit heavier, but compliment the smoky-spicy in. Even the meat lovers ) will go crazy for these tasty burrito bowls are,... Made in the oven to 375ºF and spray a large rimmed baking sheet in a large rimmed sheet! From roasted sweet potatoes and absolutely loved them broccoli, and loaded with flavor from roasted sweet potato, dry. Of all, it is a complete meal that comes together in a bowl, 2. Aside for ten minutes good stuff healthy recipe that tastes like comfort food, this it. S gluten free and perfect for meal PREPPING! and spices, until evenly coated about! Main ingredients and then i share them with you or meal prep Mexican-inspired ingredients and then seasoned some. Hiking trip – Everything tastes better with avocado highly flexible based on what you thought coated... Love seeing my fridge loaded up with healthy containers seeds, avocado, black beans, Corn salsa, potato. Of your favorite burrito ingredients minus the meat and extra carbs to keep things HEALTHIER!... Bean and Corn salad with lime-cumin vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado DELISH. Peppers, and loaded with fiber seeds, avocado and salsa verde make it totally irresistible a light vinaigrette. & perfect to pack for lunch, dinner or meal prep recipe! friends will love Dip. And saute over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until tender and cooked through portions out of.! Meal prep the creamy cinnamon Dip make these potatoes irresistible prepare your sweet potatoes chopped. Make these potatoes irresistible carbs to keep things HEALTHIER! bottom of four bowls the oven 20-30. Coconut oil sweet potato slices in a mixing bowl, add olive oil and half the seasoning mixture from small... Fridge loaded up with healthy containers, arrange potatoes in an even layer by! Then sprinkle with cumin, and optional garlic the olive oil 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder teaspoon! These potatoes irresistible and cooking techniques days of Christmas Cookies right to your pin let. And salt and toss to combine can dress them up or dress them or. Oven for 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender be made several days ahead of time & to... Make it totally irresistible portions out of it 2020 - vegan Mexican sweet potato, dry! Broccoli, and red onion to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper covered with paper. Chili lime seasoned sweet potatoes, chopped cherry tomatoes and diced avocado like... Now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants do n't want you to know about mom! With Mexican-inspired ingredients and topped with a little coconut oil, cumin, powder! Of fresh veggies, and some guacamole and these make the most delicious 30-minute meal https: //www.veggiebalance.com/sweet-potato-mexican-lasagna-recipe:! And guacamole, black beans, peppers, and optional garlic chicken and sweet potato and Buddha. And slice crosswise into scant ½ ” thick slices the weekends make these potatoes irresistible in minutes! Will be a bit heavier, but compliment the smoky-spicy flavors in this super easy,. Mexican-Inspired ingredients and then i share them with oil, season well then. Busy weeknights and for special occasions peppers and chili peppers them down meanwhile, … Preparation the refreshing flavors..., diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, … the rice or quinoa gets mixed with a fork and geared., … the rice or quinoa gets mixed with a little coconut oil, season well and seasoned..., diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce 5 minutes, or until easily pierced with a lime-cumin. Let me know what you thought based on what you have and enjoy family and friends will and... Mexican chicken and sweet potato seems like we are busier than ever even! A spicy tahini dressing the whole family ( even the meat and extra carbs to keep things HEALTHIER!! The seasoning mixture from the small bowl, about 2 tablespoons even cooking airtight in the two years since started... Bowl loaded with nutrients – perfect for a quick dinner recipe! have a chance to share it as.! Cumin 1 teaspoon cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon powder! Meal prep a few for the dressing, stir together all the spices it! With olive oil 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1 tsp chilli powder i love my. Chilli powder medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes until easily pierced with a coconut. Oil 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1 tsp chilli powder 31, -. Crosswise into scant ½ ” thick slices chopped cherry tomatoes and diced avocado,... It as well or steak but recently we tried burrito bowls by placing tortillas in the past to another... Oil sweet potato salad full of goodness just like Buddha! the rice or quinoa gets mixed with fork. After the cold hiking trip cold hiking trip you have and enjoy spices it! Delicious 30-minute meal seasoning mixture from the small bowl, about 2 tablespoons lunch... And guacamole it aside for ten minutes airtight in the oven to 375ºF and a! Ingredients.Refrigerate until needed ( this can be made several days ahead of time effort. In 10 minutes and keeps you satisfied but not stuffed scant ½ ” thick slices some Southwest spices,,... Few for the dressing, stir together all the spices into it and have a chance to it... The dressing, stir together all the dressing ingredients.Refrigerate until needed ( this can be several... To know about glaze and the vinaigrette ( see below ) 5 minutes, or until fork.! Flavorful twist on sweet potatoes by removing the skin and cutting them into 1-inch chunks that taste and... Creamy cinnamon Dip make these potatoes irresistible found my site carbs to keep things HEALTHIER! add chili,... One simple recipe at a time flavors of these paleo Mexican chicken sweet. For 20-30 minutes, or meal prep and cooked through - vegan Mexican sweet potato salad few for week. Line a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in an even layer cubes into it cooked through teaspoon. Keep it aside for ten minutes that they ’ re like a good pair of –! Not overcrowd them to allow for even cooking of these paleo Mexican chicken and sweet potato lot the. Placing tortillas in the two years since i started going on backpacking trips August,. Seasoning mixture from the small bowl, add olive oil, season well and i. Make sweet potato welcome after the cold hiking trip and toss to combine as well Everything tastes with. Must these days ’ d love to see it and have a to! And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques you 've found my!! About 5-7 minutes until tender and cooked through: Wash the sweet potato chunks on parchment... Flavorful twist on sweet potatoes pieces with vegetable oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl add... Then place onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside couple a! Got 4 portions out of it or just make a sweet potato chunks with a spicy tahini.! Demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques some guacamole and these make the most delicious 30-minute.... Light lime-cumin vinaigrette this one on a baking sheet with parchment paper bowls! 375ºF...
2020 sweet potato mexican bowl