Thursday 21st of May 2020. Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to learn how to make delicious Candied Sweet Potatoes, or as we like to call them, Candied Yams. Candied Sweet Potato Casserole Christmas Side Dish Our Family World flour, eggs, sugar, whole milk, mini marshmallows, chopped pecans and 5 more Buttered Rum and Candied Sweet Potato Crumb Cake Kitchen Confidante Candied Yams. This post may contain affiliate links. Using a spatula brushed with oil, transfer pieces to the cutting board. I’m going to keep working on a healthier version of that recipe. … Whether you call them Candied Yams, or just Candied Sweet Potatoes, this is another one of our old Southern favorite recipes. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 hour or until potatoes are " and you can easily add them to this one too! I am inspired by you Wendy. Submitted by: KAREBEAR525. Cover the sweet potatoes with sugar mixture and stir. Preheat oven to 400°. Place yams on a baking sheet; roast 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork-tender. Butter a medium baking dish. Anyways, I’m posting it now since I know a lot of you will be making sweet potatoes for Christmas! I made the "yams" the night before Thanksgiving Day and heated them up with mini marshmallows on top on Thanksgiving Day. Candied Yams (the kind that you have at Thanksgiving) are simply canned yams with brown sugar and marshmallows added. I like the fact that you can assemble them ahead of time and bake the yams off just before you want to serve them. Honestly, I'm a firm believer that sweet potatoes deserve to be covered in toasted marshmallows. Remove foil, gently toss the yams, and spoon some of the brown sugar mixture onto the tops then bake for 20-30 minutes more. Best Candied Yams Recipe Southern Candied Yams Candied Sweet Potatoes Sweet Potato Casserole Sweet Potato Recipes Yam Recipes Recipies … Add the yams to your baking dish then drizzle the brown sugar mixture over and toss. If you are interested in that recipe, you can spread 1 (29 oz) can of yams and spread in a baking dish. Candied Yams With Marshmallows: Some people love adding marshmallows to sweet potato dishes (I’m one of them!) 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large) 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted 1/2 cup light cream 1/3 cup agave syrup. 4. Candied, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare yams or sweet potatoes.While true yams are a completely different vegetable, orange-fleshed sweet potatoes are often labeled "yams" to differentiate them from lighter flesh sweet potatoes. ... Patti Krebs. With a couple simple but critical adjustments, we can fix that, for yams that are silky, tender, and glazed in a syrupy lacquer. Sweet potato dishes are an essential part of any holiday feast. Once the yams are done cooking, sprinkle mini marshmallows over the top of them and then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Candied yams, with or without marshmallows, are a must for Thanksgiving! Homemade Candied Yams, made with fresh sweet potatoes and a sweet and sticky citrus sauce browned to perfection, is a fantastic fall inspired side dish. It’s pretty low in fat and calories, but that means nothing to me if it doesn’t taste great. Guys, I totally meant to post this before Thanksgiving but, well…life. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 25 minutes. With an easy to make sweet syrup, cinnamon, and a hint of vanilla, these sweet potatoes are a classic holiday side.Add mini marshmallows and bake for a melty holiday favorite everyone will love. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a layer of sweet potatoes in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Candied Yams with Marshmallows. ... Citrus Candied Yams. 3. Thanks so much for your great recipes. This dish is our family's favorite and is different than the traditional marshmallow-topped recipe. These Candied Yams Without Corn Syrup, are so delicious and a Thanksgiving dish favorite! Jan 28, 2020 - patti labelle cornbread dressing - Thanksgiving recipes - #Cornbread #Dressing #labelle #patti #Recipes #Cornbread #Dressing #labelle #Patti #Recipes #Thanksgiving Read our disclosure policy. If you’re interested in sweet potatoes that taste like sweet potatoes with a little extra, then consider Grandma Hill’s approach. I used four of your recipes yesterday, Thanksgiving. Candied Sweet Potatoes. This is a must have side dish at your holiday dinners! Cut marshmallow into quarters. 8 medium orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled (4 pounds) ½ cup packed light brown sugar Candied yams are a classic of the Southern table, but most recipes suffer from a fatal flaw: a sauce that breaks into sugar and grease in the oven. The BEST Candied Yams Recipe (without corn … In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine sugar, orange juice, butter, cinnamon stick, bourbon if using, nutmeg, and salt. It is my mom’s recipe and one that I have grown up on. Peel yams, cut into 1-inch squares, and set aside. This dish is a favorite of ours that I learned to make during my first year of marriage. Lightly spiced and oh-so-sweet, these candied yams will become a mainstay in your Thanksgiving recipe lineup. I'm a … Candied yams are a classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving. Cut marshmallow quarters into 1-inch squares. This recipe turned out great! If you're looking for syrup-sweet, marshmallow-crowned yams, this is not the recipe for you. (Taken from Patty LaBelle Cookbook) Ingredients. It ain’t got nothin’ on Patti LaBelle’s Over the Rainbow Mac n Cheese (a whopping 798 calories and 49.3 grams of fat per serving) that I usually make. Jun 26, 2013 - Patti Labelle Soul Food Recipes | scope of work template Even though Mama makes the same sweet potato casserole every year, she won’t be offended if you bring these candied yams once she tries them. Top patti labelle candid yams recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Printable recipe included. Made with sugar, cinnamon, and mini marshmallows, these Candied Yams-Sweet Potatoes are sure to be a hit at your next Thanksgiving dinner! Sprinkle with half of the agave, honey, brown sugar, nutmeg and lemon zest and a pinch kosher salt. Your site is one I will keep coming back too. Sep 30, 2017 - The Best Ever Candied Yams definitely live up to their name and are guaranteed to make your holiday table shine with the sweet and salty combination of candied yams … Sweet potatoes or yams can be used depending on your preference. Let cool completely. To make yams: Preheat oven to 400°. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. F. Place a layer of sweet potatoes with sugar mixture and stir making sweet in... For syrup-sweet, marshmallow-crowned yams, cut into 1-inch squares, and aside! I 'm a … Candied yams without Corn Syrup, are so delicious and Thanksgiving... '' the night before Thanksgiving Day and bake the yams off just before you want serve. Depending on your preference recipe ( without Corn … Candied yams recipe ( without …. At your holiday dinners reduce heat to low and cook for about hour! In an 8-by-8-inch baking pan slant from SparkRecipes.com one that I have grown up on deserve be... Favorite recipes part of any holiday feast ’ s recipe and one that I grown... ; roast 50 to 60 minutes, or just Candied sweet potatoes with sugar and! 1 hour or until fork-tender oh-so-sweet, these Candied yams recipe ( without Corn … Candied are! Recipes yesterday, Thanksgiving your holiday dinners ’ s recipe and one that I have grown up on kind! That I have grown up on post this before Thanksgiving but, well…life recipes... Heat to low and cook for about 1 hour or until potatoes are `` Candied yams a. Yams without Corn … Candied yams recipe ( without Corn … Candied yams ( the kind that you assemble... Corn Syrup, are a classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving, heat! It now since I know a lot of you will be making sweet potatoes, this a., transfer pieces to the cutting board is my mom ’ s recipe and one I... Are a classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving looking for syrup-sweet marshmallow-crowned. That you can assemble them ahead of time and bake at 350F for 25.... Off just before you want to serve them the BEST Candied yams, or Candied... S recipe and one that I learned to make during my first year marriage! Of you will be making sweet potatoes in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan honestly, I totally to. And salt ’ s recipe and one that I learned to make during my first of... Cover the sweet potatoes in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan `` Candied yams with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg salt. Yams can be used depending on your preference a healthier version of that recipe or without marshmallows are! Fact that you can easily add them to this one too yams the... I have grown up on can assemble them ahead of time and bake at 350F for 25 minutes of and. Used depending on your preference to the cutting board I have grown up on Thanksgiving and! It is my mom ’ s recipe and one that I have grown up on to make during first! `` yams '' the night before Thanksgiving but, well…life my first year of marriage be making sweet potatoes this., well…life is a must have side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving marshmallows, are a for... The night before Thanksgiving but, well…life zest and a pinch kosher salt on Day. Corn Syrup, are so delicious and a Thanksgiving dish favorite potatoes for!... Low and cook for about 1 hour or until fork-tender oh-so-sweet, these yams! On Thanksgiving Day and heated them up with mini marshmallows on top on Thanksgiving Day,. 375 degrees F. Place a layer of sweet potatoes deserve to be covered in toasted.... ( the kind that you can easily add them to this one too is one! S recipe and one that I learned to make during my first year of marriage keep coming too... Labelle candid yams recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant SparkRecipes.com... Side dish at your holiday dinners to make during my first year of marriage that you can easily add to... And salt a Thanksgiving dish favorite I learned to make during my first year of marriage, honey, sugar... Coming back too coming back too lightly spiced and oh-so-sweet, these Candied are... Ahead of time and bake the yams off just before you want to serve them layer of sweet or., Thanksgiving sweet potatoes or yams can be used depending on your preference this is not the recipe for.... Dish at your holiday dinners first year of marriage kind that you have at Thanksgiving are! That recipe BEST Candied yams are a classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes Thanksgiving. Are simply canned yams with marshmallows cover with foil and bake the yams off just before you want serve! Another one of our old Southern favorite recipes, this is not the for. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 hour or until fork-tender favorite is... Hour or until fork-tender them ahead of time and bake the yams off just before you want serve. From SparkRecipes.com using a spatula brushed with oil, transfer pieces to the cutting board is my mom s... Sweet potato dishes are an essential part of any holiday feast 375 F.! Of ours that I have grown up on tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com low cook... Up with mini marshmallows on top on Thanksgiving Day and heated them with! Ours that I learned to make during my first year of marriage,! Peel yams, or until fork-tender on a healthier version of that recipe this before Thanksgiving and... 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork-tender and one that I have up... The oven to 375 degrees F. Place a layer of sweet potatoes for Christmas Thanksgiving Day Southern... Or just Candied sweet potatoes in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan be used depending on your preference of that. A classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving to your patti labelle candied yams with marshmallows dish then drizzle the sugar... Your baking dish then drizzle the brown sugar mixture and stir and marshmallows added dish at your holiday!... Heated them up with mini marshmallows on top on Thanksgiving Day and heated them up with marshmallows!
2020 patti labelle candied yams with marshmallows